Quasimodo and Ayy LMAO cast as Wolfsbane and Magik in New Mutants

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/x-men-new-mutants-movie-casts-anya-taylor-joy-maisie-williams-1002743

I can see it.

She makes sense as Wolfsbane. That character was never meant to be a pretty girl. More a homely religious geek.

No idea who the other girl is.

Sure.

Do they need cast an actual person for Colossus now?

No, new timeline, Magik is colossu's mom now

I'm talking about deadpool colossus.

yea, he's not born yet

>New Mutants
I don't care.

Will Magik have her trademark bangs?

>No Karma or Magma
Still don't care

>Anya-Taylor Joy
Sounds good. I liked her in Split, heard she was good in The Witch, and she seems to have good acting chops so far. We might have a JLaw 2.0 situation here, where Ayy Qtto gets a massive popularity boost and stops giving a shit about the X-Men crap, while they make the sequels increasingly more focused on her.
>Maisie Williams
Ehhh... whatever. The GoT actresses so far have shown that outside of GoT, they're kinda lame. Probably the actors too, but I can't think of many prominent roles they've had as a result of GoT (Dinklage was popular long before that series). I am not excited for her at all, seeing as how she has some sort of Gary Coleman-esque thing going on and will always be billed as the "lovable runt" even though she's not likable as a presence.

Never heard about either of these comic characters BTW.

Tasteless faggot detected.

Your casualness triggers me. Go read some Claremont New Mutants.

>Never heard about either of these comic characters BTW.

I never read new mutants, I only know magick, is Wolfsbane interesting or something? I know there's a alien-robot there? will be part of this?

>hiring an alien and a downy
Fucking diversity hires

The best thing the New Mutants did was get taken over by Liefeld and rebranded into X-Force

If Sony can agree to lease Spidey and the rest of the characters to the MCU, why can't FOX agree to do the same? Oh wait, they are controlled by Murdoch and would never admit that the MCU is better than the X-Men saga ever was (and no, the first two X-Men movies/First Class/Days of Future Past are pretty mediocre...the only good one is Logan).

I am your average "capeshit" fan. Meaning if they aren't in the cartoons, TV shows or movies I probably don't know them. People like me make up the bulk of audiences.

More like Bonersbane.

Are you trying to piss me off, faggot?

>I don't read comics
Then what the fuck are you doing in this board and in this thread?

>92297766
Almost had me for a second

He's a faggot from Sup Forums.

All of the movies you listed are better than any MCU or DCEU movie by far.
You shouldn't be proud to be a pleb. Not that comics aren't for plebs too but the movies are super pleb.

Any way Magic is Colossus's sister, you know who he is right?

Anya as a mutant? I like!

How in the fuck are they going to do warlock in this movie.

wolfsbane is a werewolf essentially, but with hardcore catholic guilt that was beat into her as a child.

Warlock (the alien robot) is supposed to be part of this.

based on the cgi in the other fox x-men?
terribly

You realize this is where the weekly CWverse threads are, right? Not Sup Forums? Anything remotely comic-related fits here.
I'm not bragging about ignorance. Just saying, I'm not exactly an outlier here. I do know about Colossus from the various things he's showed up in - 90s cartoon, arcade games, and of course the movies.

>the only good one is Logan
I bet you only liked it because of loli Laura.

They should joust do Gen X. I mean, does anyone like fucking cannonball? Ooh, we have a witch and a werewolf! We're like the X-Men! Right?

>terribly
You've watched the movie already?

>not liking werewolves

Fucking kill yourself tasteless pleb

I would a Quasimodo

have any of the fox x-men movies had even close to reasonable cgi?

Why Gen X? Does anyone like fucking Synch?

You're the only person who has ever cared about Magma.

cannonball is the best x-man.

only thing gen X did right was chamber.

sunspot did.

Is this an actual question or is this bait? Post some pictures of this "unreasonable' cgi

Maise will be perfect as a mutant, she doesn't even need a costume.

I want to fuck Magik

>Anya as Magik

MUH DICK

>ayy lmao as magik
literally perfect actually

Good that we will finally get the Blue and Yellow costumes.

lol yeah I'll believe it when I see it

I mean they are fighting a demon bear and the costumes were in the drawings.

>I bet you only liked it because of loli Laura.

She was hotter than any little girl has a right to be. But in a different way than Natalie Portman was.

>I do know about Colossus from the various things he's showed up in - 90s cartoon
The most memorable thing Colossus did in the 90's cartoon is say "Ilyanna my fambily"

Magik is Illyana. She was in the cartoon.

youre a funny little man

Agreed.

Is this confirmed?

Anya is the right amount of weird looking but hot. Shrekface isn't.

The only episodes I really remember are the 2 Pilots. Which we got on a VHS from Pizza Hut. We didn't have cable until early 2000s and no local Fox, so I can't actually claim to remember much of the cartoon (we caught the occasional episode here and there). I remember a little more from Spiderman, but even then, I probably couldn't enumerate all the characters from that show either. At most I remember watching ABC Family syndicated episodes for a while.
>Well go back and watch it then, dummy
I could but, really, it doesn't seem good enough to warrant it.

So how deep will go with explaining Magik's origin?
Also, I heard that Lockheed will be her pet instead of Kitty's, which I like.

Is that the dragon Jean had in first class?

And they're still supposedly going for that March 2018 date?

Prepare for butthurt on an epic scale, Sup Forums

X-Men are about to go home

I'm actually moderately excited for this film because it looks like it's going to have a smaller scale than the other X-films. I'm sure I'll be disappointed when the fate of the world gets brought up, though.

I loved Generation X but they would have to rename it since it's a reference to a generation that is now old and it's about young people (I know they put out a new comic with that name but I doubt they'd make a multi million dollar movie called that).

Wolfsbane was in the cartoons (most notably Evolution)

You're disgustingly casual even for a casual.

Dunno about first class, but yes, it's the purple dragon.

I can't wait to live deliciously

Hey, Skin, Juniper and Husk were all good too.

New Mutants is going to be set in the 80s/90s. Gen X wouldn't be super out of place.

Wut?

I used to read comics as a little kid but I grew out of it around the time I started dating girls, 13 or 14.

Jubilee did!

They aren't going anywhere Deadpool 2 will make more than enough to cover this if it flops.

>dating
> 13 or 14.
but why?

Faggot

What has me excited is the possibility of an actual team X-men film, and not just Wolverine and friends.

I'll never be not annoyed at how inept Fox is at developing their female characters.

I thought Evolution was dumb. Kitty was hot AF tho.

>Fox is making serious efforts to find ethnically appropriate actors, conducting wide searches for a Native American to play Moonstar and a South American for Sunspot.

Yeah, GL finding a native actress in the appropriate age bracket who doesn't weight 250 pounds.

Ah ok. Jubes was in Apocalypse which was set in the 80s, right? Banshee was in First Class which was the 60s, so the character would be old enough to be a teacher. And we would need a third Emma but that's okay since it's a new timeline.

Man, do you just live your life via stereotypes?

All of Jubes' talking scenes were cut for time. She's just a colorful background character.

Philip go home

BAAAAAAA

Banshees dead in the movie time line

She'll probably be mixed af

From an interview from January:

>“I have [seen the Demon Bear animatic], it’s pretty cool,” Taylor-Joy confirmed. “I’m a big fan so I’d love to be a part of it. I can’t say very much, but I would love to be a part of it. I think this year’s gonna be very exciting.”
>When we asked her if she hoped to reunite with her Split co-star James McAvoy as Professor X, she replied, “I mean, I think James is already a part of it, isn’t he?”

Fuck off, you're doing Sup Forums disservice.

It's well documented that JConn is Sup Forums's underaged crush.

I grew up in a reserve. Every hot girl gets knocked up at 15 and gets fat as fuck. He's right. You're better off finding a spic actress at best.

Why doesn't Fox just make an HBO series or something?
Forego the flashy powers, use some good ol fashioned human racist baddies like the Purifiers.
Main team of 5 characters, get the mansion of various students.
Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Anything is possible I mean we're getting a new mutants movie that'll probably beat pheonix in box office

>Why doesn't Fox just make an HBO series or something?

Because Fox has their own channel called Fox. On which they are producing an x-men tv show called The Gifted. They have to negotiate for tv projects with Marvel/Disney.

>Forego the flashy powers,

All people want is the flashy powers.

>use some good ol fashioned human racist baddies like the Purifiers.

And they'll whine about why magneto isn't showing up.

>Main team of 5 characters, get the mansion of various students.

Can't afford a mansion.

>Seems like a no-brainer to me

If the tv show outshines the movie it makes the movie people look incompetent and they can't have that.

>>beat pheonix in box office

I want nothing more but for this to happen. Hopefully it means they stop overusing the Phoenix and get rid of the awful Apocalypse cast.

Pretty sure that character was actually gay

>The Gifted
Oh god that looks embarrassingly bad.
Also, it looks like AoS/Flash/Gotham, ie: cheap.
>All people want is the flashy powers
People don't know what they want. Because they're stupid.
>Why magneto isn't showing up.
Aren't people getting tired of Mags showing up every movie? Also, people are stupid, and don't know what's good for them. X-Men have some of the best villains, they need to be force-fed them.
>can't afford a mansion
If they don't have to use Magneto, they probably can.
>tv show outshines the movie
But they already did that with Legion.

>But they already did that with Legion.

I love Legion but people are actually talking about Logan getting nominated for an Oscar.

Great movie but idk

Wait, is left girl Magik and right girl Wolfsbane?

What's the difference am i right

Left Magik.

Suicide Squad got an Oscar.

Only because it tried harder than most cape films to have legitimate feelings, and it was Huge Jackedman's last song.

Oh thank god. Trust Hollywood to take the nice looking blond and put her in a full body makeup and then have "Arya" get portrayed as the hot blond sister to Colossus.

For make up.
Which, frankly, was deserved. That Killer Croc costume was amazing.