Challenge time, gatekeeling hobbyist fucks

>Comic as a medium exist 20 years from now

Or

>Companies stop appealing to "normie's" (i.e you)

You can only have one.

Other urls found in this thread:

comichron.com/vitalstatistics/alltime.html
comicsbeat.com/survey-of-italian-comics-retailers-reveals-a-similar-indiebig-two-split/
mangaforever.net/279241/indagine-sullo-stato-delle-fumetterie-e-delleditoria-a-fumetti-in-italia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't understand your false dichotomy. The comic medium will never go away. Even if the North American market completely stops production there is still manga and European shit.

Comics should have need a long time ago. Read a book for fuck sakes

>The guy on the comics board hates comics

Are you just here to pound off to cartoons, or...?

Anyone that says Comic books are dying is just a pessimist. If Newspapers can survive 100 years, then so can comics

>Comics should have need
do you mean ended? Might take your argument more seriously if you weren't posting from a phone

I'm here to discuss DC movies and tv shows.

kek good luck with that

>Sup Forums

GET OFF MY BOARD!

I chose the first option.

How is this even a question.

We can ensure that comics survive for 20 years and not have pandering? Sign me up.

Action movies should have died a long time ago. Go watch a documentary or the news for fucks sake.

what are you talking about?

the sjw pandering is THE reason why comics are collapsing

in the 80s and 90s comics were part of "nerd culture" and the sold several times better than they do now

Given the sales of most books I think comics have already stopped appealing to normies.

"SJW pandering" as you so autisticly put it -
probably isn't helping, but it's far from THE reason comics aren't selling.

I know floppies are failing, but what about trade paperback sales?

Just do more self-contained stories with original characters.

Debatable actually: comichron.com/vitalstatistics/alltime.html

96 is high but after that it seems about the same. Not a significant change.

But "appealing to normie's" to buy comics is the only way that comic can exist in twenty years from now.

That's what they were implying.
So basically "do you want comics to exist" or " do you want comics to be readable", you can't have both.
I mean you could but not in this scenario.

the reason for that is by the early 2000s Comics Fans were already literally dying, and it's just gonna shrink on from down there as all you old fat fucks just keel over one by one :P

>Summertimesummersummsummertime

Bad writing and trying to force political agendas into a medium has nothing to do with the medium.

Political agendas are not bad when done well. Like how everyone enjoys the first half of Fables.

It's literally just quality.

I bet you're some pleb that likes Gatsby.

And then they literally crashed because foil covers and "nerd culture" limited edition special event whatever ruined it.

There are worse fates.

That's the speculator market. The people who buy "collectibles" just to sell them later.

Tons of people flocked to buy The Death of Superman and then never came back to a comic shop.

>European
just speaking of Italy, comic book shops see a good future despite a slight decline in sales numbers. See the optimism in the pie chart here: comicsbeat.com/survey-of-italian-comics-retailers-reveals-a-similar-indiebig-two-split/
Prospects for individual shops are acceptable to excellent and the quality of publications is seen as improving (except for US pubs, but "Big 2" are only 6% of sales).
More details in Italian at mangaforever.net/279241/indagine-sullo-stato-delle-fumetterie-e-delleditoria-a-fumetti-in-italia
pic related is popular here

>the sjw pandering is THE reason why comics are collapsing

Why the fuck do I share a hobby with people this ignorant about it?

People love to feel like victims

From a HollywoodReporter article I won't link that's just the author complaining that some people don't like what they like.

> For the piles of money that the Marvel Cinematic Universe has earned since 2008 — more than $11 billion worldwide — and for all the positive reviews that its films have garnered — all of them hold fresh ratings on Rotten Tomatoes — there still seems to have grown a feeling among some viewers that these films aren't quite as great as those indicators would suggest.
> Sometimes, being No. 1 makes you a target

Just because stuff is being made for something else, it doesn't mean the stuff you like has to stop.
That's how it works on any medium.
I mean, for fucks sake, I've seen SMT, Nintendogs and Call of Duty share the same fucking shelve. Just support what you like.
That's the real problem with comics. The industry is so small, now you have a bunch of circlejerking hacks running the show.

Why should I care if something exists if it's not for me?

If tomorrow bodice rippers vanish from the literary landscape, I wouldn't even notice. Those things aren't for me. If something forsakes me for someone else, it makes no difference either if it continues to exist. Either way, things I like will vanish.