What do you think of the comics of Tom King?

what do you think of the comics of Tom King?

I like them. He's my favorite current writer.

Omega Men was overrated. I like Tigorr though.

I like most of them, I wish his run was more like "Rooftops" than "I Am Suicide".

Mostly good, but I don't like Bruce enough to bother with his Batman.

*Batman run that is.

He's got talent. His Batman is pretty disappointing though.

He's a young writer Sup Forums seems willing to crucify at the first sign of weakness. I read him because I think he's interesting.

He's great, but his Batman is so much worse than his other books I'm actually more interested in the interviews he's going to give in five years about his time working on it than the book itself.

Like, Grayson showed he could do a fairly straightforward cape book and do it very well. Something changed.

excited for New Gods especially if its only gonna be 12 issues. Not a group of characters imo suited to ongoing stuff

Remember he co-wrote Grayson with Seeley.

>Grayson showed he could do a fairly straightforward cape book
But Grayson wasn't a straightforward cape book. It was a James Bond comic.

King has a good track record for writing 12 issue series.

I'm comparing it to his other stuff like Vision and Omega Men which aren't straightforward cape books, whereas Grayson (spy theme aside) was very much just a Nightwing book.

Grayson had it all but the tights: Villains, team-ups, villains of the week, banter, a constant back and forth between action and downtime. It's a cape book just as much as Midnighter or Deadpool is, given that he was fighting terrorists instead of bank robbers.

His Batman sucks; he doesn't know how to write an ongoing. His other stuff is pretty good.

I can't wait for batman #23. swamp thing teamup

His bane arc was good apart from the ending. The gotham arc was ok, and you can tell they basically told him you HAVE to do this button stuff. I hope the arc he wanted to do all aong (his riddles thing)

I think he writes best when he knows there's an end in sight. His 12 issue series are the best things he's written.

gon be good

He has an ending in sight with Batman, only it takes longer to get there (with some occasional crossover along the way)
It was literally in the first arc how he is setting up Gotham Girl as a new character and killing/retiring Batman
I've just reread his run this week, and it's a much better read in one sitting than an issue every two weeks

Hes a great writer who hasnt missed a beat.

>Robin War

he works great for a specific kind of story like Orlando, outside his element he's kinda meh.

Kek goes to show how much King haters pay attention. He wrote like 2 issues of Robin war.

war of jokes and riddles might be cool. liking the preview pages he's posting on twitter

Much better at DC than at Marvel, I have no idea how Marvel continues to drain writers of their skill

Promising. Different flavor than a lot of cape writers.
Happy DC snagged him.

It's called editorial

Yes but it's a very different type of cape book than Batman. In Grayson he never had the need to write a story of Dick stopping some flamboyant criminal from destroying the city. With Batman King has fallen into the lazy "just make the story bigger" trap.

Thats not true at all. He has a larger coherent story you just have to pay close attention. My theory is Selina will die, Bruce will hang up the cowl for a bit while Dick takes over and then something happens that forces him to come back. Maybe a Legion of Doom with all his foes.

The only one I've read is Vision and that was easily the best Marvel book of 2016 (not like that's saying much considering the current state of Marvel, but still.)

I've been meaning to look into him a bit more.

a few months ago I agreed with you, but after I am Suicide, I don't really have much confidence in King. I only hope that Jokes/Riddles is good. We could use a good Riddler story.