How old is the average person here and how long have they been here?

How old is the average person here and how long have they been here?

Nobody has conversations anymore.
It's just
>X sucks
>no Y is shit
reductionist and baselessly cynical vitriolic hyperbolic nonsense.

discussions happen in new release storytime threads

26. Only use Sup Forums on my phone now. I've been coming here less and less since the election. Site's not the same as it used to be.

Also there really isn't anything to be learned or gained by browsing Sup Forums. I just check it when I have absolutely nothing else to go to.

I'm 28 and I've been here 7 years.

If you want better conversations, try discussing non-Marvel/non-DC comics. I still read Marvel and DC, but I learned long ago to avoid discussing them here if I want to have a good time.

This thread sucks

No storytime is shit

23, 8 years here

This is a casual manchild board

25, 8 years. I remember a golden age when at least half the threads were storytimes.

25, been here for nine fucking years and I don't know why anymore

Bingo

Too old for this shit.

34, moved after scans_daily was fucked up.

24 and been here for 6 years now

19, only for 2 years.

I needed some place to talk about Grayson without being judged for enjoying the beefcake fanservice.

>How old is the average person here and how long have they been here?

52, been coming here for so long I don't remember when I first found this place. A really, really long time.

Nobody ever had conversations on 4-chan. It was hilarious shit on /b and nerd-fu everywhere else.

Not-Moot is nowhere near the mod Moot was, and Moot sucked balls for giggles.

Geez, you've got me beat. I'm 41, and been here eight years.

Been on Sup Forums since the beginning, Sup Forums for longer.

Whatever happened to that thing? It was pretty awesome back then.

31, BTW.

30, I've been here since Ironman 1 came out, saw an Ironman comic storytimed on Sup Forums came over here ro see if there were more and I just never left.

Sup Forums has really gone to shit in these last few years, I blame Hiro

too long

Been lurking and shit postin since 07'
I've been browsing Sup Forums almost exclusively for the last year an a half.

I'm 28 and have been here since end of 2007/beginning of 2008. Something around there. Almost 10 years. Christ. That's depressing.

Holy shit I'm a fucking infant compared to all you guys. I'm 18 and only started coming on Sup Forums when I got into the loud house

>people born after Windows 95 was released are allowed on the internet

disgusting

Been on CO since 2006. You guys changed the vector of my life. Comics have been a cornerstone for me ever since then, and that was my indoctrination.

Been of Sup Forums since summer 2005. Donate or Die days.

The world has changed. Mostly it's changed to better represent Sup Forums. And that's terrible.

kys, I bet you still use reddit too

35 and been around for 8 or so years

23, been coming for about 8 years now. Its really crazy to think how much a stupid fucking pleb I was but I wanted to hang with the cool internet kids and pretend I was over 18. Now i think everyother poster is underage and I wish they would stop typing until they gained some sense.
Sup Forums was one of the big reasons I got into comics and now im in so deep its ridiculous. I'm even one of the semi-regular storytime namefags.

I really loved the community here for about the first 5 years I came, but it slowly went down hill. Still, this place used to be /love/ and introduced me to shit like Will Eisner's A Contract With God, Habibi, Le Bus and helped me learn to appreciate The King mother fucking Kirby.

This place has become utter shit though. Full of casuals. I uniroincally blame reddit and Sup Forums becoming more mainstream, and I say this as someone who still uses reddit (but man do I fucking hate the community there, its only good for vidya news).

Still going at Dreamwidth.

I blame the capeshit movies. I have zero interest in Marvels braindead popcorn flicks or DC's shitty 2deep4u kino. COMICS AND CARTOONS you fucking faggots keep capeshit on Sup Forums.

underage detected

Gayyy

25, I've come here since high school, but I'd be lying if I said I was here the entire time. If anything, I've probably been absent for most of it. My interest in comics waned, and my sources for cartoons dried up. A resurgence of interest in comics happened pretty recently, so I've been lurking around some more.

A lot of the stuff going poorly with Sup Forums is pretty endemic to much of the site, frankly. An ugliness you can find at all corners of the larger boards. I'd say Sup Forums's come out pretty well in comparison, sadly enough.

I'm 27 and I've been here 9 or 10 years now (started off with Sup Forums, made the chance to Sup Forums about 6 years ago I think)

I don't really post that often now, Sup Forums is full of contrarians that just complain about EVERYTHING.

Look at Samurai Jack, it's fine and it's only a cartoon... but all these man children are crying and acting like it's the worst thing ever, when in reality they're watching every week and they continue to watch it. They'll pretend they hate it but really they're enjoying it, it's just that hating and complaining gives them something to do.

Haters gonna hate.

29. I have only been on Sup Forums once, and I found it stupid back in high school. I go to Sup Forums Sup Forums went through a big Sup Forums phase because I've liked radiohead since middle school, and that's about it.

I'm 18 and have been on Sup Forums since 2011/2012, been on Sup Forums specifically for a year or a little over.
Discussion happens here a lot more than on other boards like Sup Forums who just fling 'reddit' at one another or Sup Forums or Sup Forums, consider yourself lucky that you picked the best niche hobby someone can have on here and stop talking out your ass.

I'm 31 and have been on Sup Forums since 2004. I mostly just read threads though

23. I've been coming to Sup Forums for about eight years, and coming to Sup Forums for about four years.

I don't read comics so I have no opinion on what discussion about them is like, and the cartoon discussion seems to be same as ever - that is, mediocre.

Still, I can't help but feel there's something "missing" these days, not just on Sup Forums but across all boards. I feel like people only get into debates out of force of habit, and every time some new "joke" comes up people parrot it just because it's what we do. And the thing is, we did all that stuff before, but back then it actually felt funny somehow. Like, the absurdity and insanity was real, not just for the sake of it.

Maybe I'm just getting older, maybe the boards really have changed, I don't know. I'll still come here, but I won't expect much these days.

22, been coming here four years.

I agree we're at peak contrarianism, but I still love my storytime threads and my weekly Samurai Jack, so thanks for still being love sometimes, Sup Forumsmrades!

27, 11 or 12 years.
>Nobody has conversations anymore.
That's a bit of a hyperbole itself, but I get your meaning.
Still there's not much that can be done for it.

What stimulates discussion more than anything is content. Around here that comes in the forms of storytimes, and used to be streams.
While I appreciate the contributions of those like Preacheranon and other title or theme dumping anons attempting to facilitate that atmosphere, there's often far too much content posted over far too little time for anyone to do much of anything but binge read quietly and move on to something else.

I've had some ideas such as some sort of regulated, themed daily or weekly thing that's the equivalent of a book reading club, but like I found with Sup Forums it might be more effort than it's worth.

Don't misunderstand my defeatist tone, when I was there I found it's not entirely futile, as it did see some small success, it's just a matter of managing and maintaining it.

The concept basically was to make a thread with a link to the emulation guides on /vg/, then collectively play a specific game, in the particular case it was Super Metroid, for a specific amount of time or stages or what not and discuss our experiences as casually or detailed as we like each day until completion or time's up.
I got quite a few more replies, encouragement and suggestions than I thought, but like I said the daunting part was trying to organize and maintain such a thing indefinitely. There's all these things about timezones, and individual schedules, differing interests and generally making it feel worth the time participating in discussion.

Because of its freeform style unlike a forum, whenever the faceless, nameless users of Sup Forums are naturally unified behind something it's a spectacle, but you must consider that trying to force that state is like solving a Rubik's cube in the dark.

26, i've been coming here since i was underageb&. namefaged, tripfaged, seen almost everything there is to see

the place is a constantly sinking hellhole and somehow i can't find anywhere better to talk comics online and now i'm so socially maladjusted from here I'd be fucked anyway

29. I was in Sup Forums a long time ago, and briefly /toy/. Stayed here in Sup Forums for the button storytimes

Sup Forums detected.

32, been here for 9 years. Mostly out of habit, but there are plenty of people willing to converse. You just have to have something engaging to start a conversation with. Like the people who say "Can we have a ___ thread?" That's fucking boring and stupid, don't ask permission to make a thread while you're making a thread. Just use your words, stop trying to fit in and you'll have a much better time. Also don't feed trolls. Ever.

I should have added my friend keeps wanting me to go to Sup Forums during the elections and I just cannot take the drama and random anti-sjw and these Pepe memes he keeps posting on group chat. Probably to try to #trigger my gay ass but failed each time. Then I found this place a few months ago and stayed since

I'm 27, been on Sup Forums since 2006, and been frequenting Sup Forums since 2012.

21, been coming here for about four years now. Came here because most other forums are either filled with batfags or idiots (CBR in particular).

There are still good discussion here and there, just mostly in storytimes and the sporadic threads for indie comics or less popular capeshit comics. People who are way into their waifus or just chronic shitposters keep it from being more commonplace.

26, I started going on /tg/ in like 2011 then migrated here the same year after someone storytimed Requiem over there

still haven't read the whole thing

Sup Forums truly was a meme goldmine during the election.

It truly was glorious. It felt like classic old Sup Forums.

I am pushing 30 and while I've been on Sup Forums since 2007 I've only recently started to post on Sup Forums because I think you guys are BETTER at conversation than Sup Forums is. Sup Forums is an international tragedy. Used to be the best board, now its just garbage generals as far as the eye can see (generals used to be banned on Sup Forums now they are the rule).

"X sucks" is at least making a statement people can agree or disagree with. Its hyperbolic but I think that is to provoke responses.
The generals are just the same lame memes being spouted over and over. So bad.

I'm 21. I started coming here fairly often around 2015

22, 8 years
i miss 2009-2011 Sup Forums

>I've been coming here less and less since the election. Site's not the same as it used to be.
Exactly, it's fucking Sup Forums in here.
If it weren't for Texan user and Preacher user doing storytimes I'd be gone.

24. Been on Sup Forums since mid 2005.

I'm tired.

You've been on Sup Forums since you were 12?shit dude, is there a medal for that?

So apparently we can all agree; this board is shit now.
How many of us are going to leave this thread and go back to helping make it shit still I wonder?

>he was actually 12 when he started using Sup Forums
the legends were true!

Me toooo.

21, been here 7 years, it's fine

I keep up with half of marvel and Dc, tires me out and makes me not want to do anything else, I've gotta stop

Adding: Think this board went to shit in 2012, specifically with the airing of korra and tdkr. both triggered a massive wave of shitposting that never let up and has only transposed itself across other stuff

I remember when storytimes were more frequent and you could actually hold a convo in them , cartoon threads were actually fun and not just people saying everything is shit, and Sup Forums cancer was non-existent. Hell, do we even still do Secret Santas here? I got some good comics on some christmases.

I really miss being able to storytime properly. The minute long wait counter is a killer. and I ain't shelling out for a pass. Really hinders the flow of a storytime

Hey Sup Forums.

I'm 24 and I've been here since 2011. That's a lot longer than I imagined. Christ.

I used to do it all the time but it's such a pain in the arse with all this new shit Hiro shat out.

as for here, I originally hanged out at Sup Forums around the time fs/n just finished airing. Only started camping on Sup Forums maybe like 5 years ago

>tfw got Animal Man omnibus from Secret Santa
I wonder if that user is still around

Been coming here for nearly six years now

I'm 24 and I've been on Sup Forums for 10 to 11 years, I guess it's true you are here forever.

I only browse Sup Forums when I'm in a "let's read and talk comics" mood, which is probably once or twice a week (althought I come here every wednesday for new issue storytimes)

I browse the chans daily thought but on different boards, mostly Sup Forums. /his/, Sup Forums, /vg/ (depending if I'm hooked on a game atm) sometimes Sup Forums and Sup Forums atleast once a week as I said before

I have ASCENDED.

Seriously though, I've been frequenting Sup Forums longer than I haven't. Like, in my life. I started visiting shitshow in April of 2005, with very few breaks, probably a huge mistake.

not op but i wanted to add a question anyways:

Why are you still here?

I'm here still purely out of nostalgia for the 00's internet days. It felt like a secret life away from home and I don't even get glimpses of that anymore living on my own. The mentality of Sup Forums being the 'dark corner' of the internet disappears as you get older and it gets normalized and sterile.