There really is no refuting this

There really is no refuting this.

is it ok to watch this if i watched only burton's batman and no superman movie?

i am falling for the meme, and want to see for myself whats all that fuss about

It's a really bad movie.

Thread refuted.

/thread

Mental gymnastics: the thread

It's not good, but I'm sure you'll like something about the new batman

Maybe I expected something mature and i got this childish shit.

What if you're just a person who enjoys good films and dislikes bad ones?

It was a mediocre sequel to the excellent MoS

JL, while objectively shit, was at least fun in a 90s child-friendly way

How did WB/DC become the company Sup Forums uses weird rationalizations to defend while Marvel/Disney became the mortal enemy? Is it an underdog thing? Or contrarianism?

>comic book reader literally reading comics right now (Dark Knights: Metal #3)

>hates quipflicks

>Thinks BVS is fucking shit

I guess it was just too smart for you

I lost interest in DC movies after the Batman trilogy. Maybe I should've checked out Man of Steel, but I never did. Truth is, capeshit is getting stale, and MCU nailed the perfect formula to keep it fresh and entertaining.

MCU, and Disney in general, appear to bank on maintaining cohesive, interconnected continuities in a compelling, immersive universe. It's what they do with MCU, it's what they do with Star Wars' NuCanon. They capitalize on it as much as I can and those who are into that kind of thing (e.g. me) love every second of it.

DC's just trying to be edgy instead. Which will sell it to some, but... I'm not sure if it'll manage to keep normie audience for long.

wow, you really got me, scrub.

Its a movie made for children.

>via 9gag.com

watch the extended cut its pretty gud plus you already have shit hopes for it so not like it can make you think any less of it

Both are mediocre but D.C. Gets slammed for it. Makes it easier to defend

>perfect formula

I dont get it, what're you trying to say?

>tfw when the dayshift janitor keeps deleting the Elfposting thread

comic book reader here, if you really enjoy the comics you will hate this piece of crap, nice visuals tho

>memeful.com
literally the only thing missing is ifunny watermark

>if you're looking for the marvel fun+childish formula, maybe it ain't for you
I cut myself on this edge

This.

>too dumb to understand muh martha

I did and watching something with low expectations just makes it that much easier for it to impress you if it's actually good.

>They capitalize on it as much as I can
Where were you when I accidentally exposed myself as Disney?
Meant to say "they can", but it's more fun to treat it as a freudian slip.

MFW I don't read enough comic books I guess?

The excuses made to try and make this movie appear good are akin to the excuses made to try and make TLJ appear bad.

I hate BvS like many others here but man, TLJ is worse, best case scenario the movies is literally telling to you you should stop liking star wars and let other people like it instead, and that's the "best argument " defending it

You have to watch Man of Steel first. Unlike most superhero sequels, the plot is very much an extension to the events of the first film.

When I first watched it I thought it was great. I wound up re-watching it no less than 3 times, once alone and with other people.

I will say it's not a boring movie. It's mildly incoherent. It's not nearly as bad as critics make it out to be.

I think it has terrific action but if you don't like the characters and how they're portrayed it has nothing beyond like 2 big action setpieces.

t. Looking for the Marvel fun + childish formula

I read lots of Batman comics when I was younger.

This movie was shit and I couldn't wait for it to end when I was in the theater.

>dark knights metal
>sorry BvS didn’t have enough hella fridgin epic explosions for you

kind of agree with you, I am one of the few people I know who genuinely like superman comics ( not all of them but way more than other people) and while I hate what they did with the characters, I don't get all the hate, is an ok movie, with some inconsistences here and there, but also good music and visuals, I hated the allegory tho, znyder needs to take classes of subtley, I wouldn't ive it 1/10, neither 9/10 people really want to pick a side with their ratings

actually I wonder where this " comic book readers love it" meme come from, I read comics and I hate it, Sup Forums hate it, my irl friends who also happen to read comics hate it, is there an origin from it? or snyder said it or what?

The movie does have some nice touches.

When we first meet Luther he's shooting hoops with his employees.

Later, after Batman has broken into LexCorp to steal the big chunk of kryptonite, there's a scene where Luther shows up to survey the damage. There's a tracking shot of Lex's feet as he gingerly walks through the destruction. We see broken glass, bullet casings, smashed fixtures - and one deflated basketball.

>allegory
Jesus as Bodybuilder doesn't bother me much. I've never accept that his "sacrifice" is a Messiah moment.

I'm part of that minority of people who have seen Excalibur and enjoyed the nods, the death of Superman pulling himself down the "spear" was pottery.

I wouldn't let young children watch it - Batman is a whirlwind of destruction.

>Do you bleed?
>...
>youwill

Such profound dialogues. Truly, a masterpiece.

There's nothing wrong with it, it's nice and schlockey.

I'm a comic book reader and I thought it was a pretty bad movie with some great moments. Like if they had someone with a brain fiddle with the script a bit it could've been much better instead of a fucking mess

I don't mind the nods to excalibur, or religious allegories by itself, I disliked the way he inserted them in his movie

What?

That's what the Snyder fanboys who say things like 'Superman sucked before Man of Steel' say to defend his trash. DC Comics fans despise these films. Snyder fans are not DC fans.

well, that makes sense, only they could be happy to what they did to luthor, while also criticizing what they did to luke

LOOK LOIS, JUST LIKE OTHER DC FANS, I HAVE BECOME A BEANER! HOLY CRAP THIS IS WORSE THAN THE LAST TIME I ACCIDENTALLY STEPPED INTO THE WOMANS WASH ROOM

It's really bad, ppl here mostly just like it to be contrarian and have a false sense of elitism.

I'm not sure if it is actual comic book readers, maybe it's people who never read a comic book in their life but like the character, bandwagners who get all hyped, I'm pretty sure that most of the people who adore Iron man, never actually read an Iron man comic, I could be wrong though.

>falling for the Snyder meme

its a good movie, any way you look at it desu

DIS

Snyder is great. I really wonder where the critical hatred comes from.

His Dawn of the Dead is fantastic, a movie that literally does the franchise better than Romero's ultra-low-budget grad school project. I think Watchmen is a great adaptation, but I watched the movie before I read the book. I watched the movie after too.
I will say I've tried to watch Sucker Punch and get super bored 20 minutes in.

If that's true that's an awful lot of money spent on a secret handshake for a population of people slowly losing their media to manga.

This guy sounds like he has daddy issues.

>His Dawn of the Dead is fantastic, a movie that literally does the franchise better than Romero's ultra-low-budget grad school project

I agree with the dawn of the dead part, watchmen missed the point of the comic book tho, not by a chance a great adaptation unless you think a great adaptation is to copy a lot of panels of the comic straight to the screen, agree with sucker punch too, and BvS instead of adaptation should say "based on", since it's not adapting anything, but mixing random stuff, I don't hate snyder and think the movies are meh, but the ones calling him a visionary, genius, etc etc, are delusional

Despite the budget, Romero's version is far superior and more appreciated film.

I am not that user, but I really liked his version, I know romero's will always be more meaningful historically, creatively whatever, but if I have to re-watch one of those two films I would re-watch the snyder one, also, fuck BvS that's garbage

I seriously don't understand the hate BvS gets. It easily tops the majority of Marvel's one-note humor-fests; at least Snyder is attempting to put a more fleshed out story and character themes into the movie, as opposed to just jokes ever 5 minutes so critics will give it a more positive score. Help me out anons, why do you consider BvS bad? And give me actual reasons, not just "oh the story sucked" or other vapid complaints.

full disclosure: i actually liked bvs but winding up dc autists is so much fun

on the opposite, tell us how kalel character or bruce is more fleshed than tony or steve, they both are fleshed out in diferent ways, ( sad past dead parents/planet DC, full playboy to hero skinny weak boy to hero Marvel, only because you don't like the more optimistic approach of marvel movies you can't say it's not flehsed out ( wich should be the opposite cause marvel characters try to compel more emotions than simply being a psycho killer) you don't like marvel humour ? fine, maybe other people don't like allegories, but you can't say marvel movies sucks cause "muh quips" wich is as valid as complaint as "mu martha"

>adult man wasting another 3 hours of his lifspan on a childstory
get a life instead, or a normal hobby

So, for a comic book reader a disjointed, overly dramatic and badly written movie is an awesome movie? Good to know, so I can adjust my own settings.

I forgot to add that my post wasn't meant to be debated because my logic was flawless.

I forgot to add how wrong you are

Don't make me disagree with you a third time.

>/thread ing your own post

not my intention, just admit you are baiting (you)s and I already gave you plenty

You just made the list.

I really liked it but somehow making a movie that isn't a quipfest nowadays is considered an attempt at dethroning stanley kubrick, and so every movie that isn't jurassic world or iron man gets judged on the same playfield as 2001 a space odyssey, which I think is fucking retarded
That's probably why Dredd also did so poorly, the jokes weren't overt so people assumed it was trying to be a 100% straight faced serious crime drama like the godfather