Unsounded

Flash back and it seems our friend cutter wasn't always what he currently is
so did that guy take cutters body or did cutter steal his identity after getting a soul

Other urls found in this thread:

unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/160593948940/trying-to-read-the-orange-bottle-on-todays-page#notes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What's with all the lizards?

My money's on the second. He or Bastion killed the fat fuck and the lizard stole his identity. Which is kind of weird but Cutter's crazy. Maybe he didn't just want a soul but also wanted to be human.

Sigh we already know these kiddos won't be being killed any time soon here. But hopefully there is a death approaching...

Didn't expect this. Poor other two-toes, at least their suffering will end soon probably.

The pages were empty on the last page, so my guess would be only Cutter survived.

*cages

Probably the second one but maybe with the original's soul in a foreign body making some weird amalgam of two personalities.

So have you pledged yet Sup Forums?

Why does the color look like shit now

My urethra's unsounded

Please stick a metal rod down it

>what's the mark on her bill?

>They believe every creature with a beak has a mark because they're all labeled with experiment numbers and that's all they've ever known

Well that's sad

But mere panels into being introduced and I want the nigga to get iced by the two toe blood warlock

Oh shit teen brat Bastion is adorable.

I wonder if Bastion has lost his balls already.

>we'll ALL become black tongues

He hasn't been inducted yet, so my say is no

Buy Illy does have a mark on her bill, it is the same one the blacks tattoo on their tongue.

he looks pretty feminine in some panels

So what's the bottle? Alcohol or something you think?

So that's why there is a two-toe black tongue; Delicieu was human wright once but his soul now inhabits a two-toe body? This is interesting.

Probably. What if Bastion retaliates im the next few pages and accidentally kills his master and ends up putting him in that two-toe?

Why would he care about it being alcohol? I get the impression a setting that's fairly unflinching about child prostitution would be okay with moderate drinking amongst minors. Besides Ashley wouldn't show it if it weren't important and Delicieu wouldn't act that way if it weren't something big.

Just trying to guess what it is. Anything else you can think of? Thought alcohol because Bastion loves to indulge in all the pleasures of life. I can see him getting shitfaced regularly while he goes outs on the town. Perhaps Delicieu is a hardcore straight-edge guy who disdains all that shit.

Or perhaps it's something completely different, but that's my guess.

Cutter has tubes in him, maybe it's some of that liquid?

Or perhaps Bastion was planning on somehow giving Cutter a soul early.

I think the liquid might be alcohol.

Think about it. You cut off your balls. No kids. Your hormone profile becomes closer to that of a menopausal woman. No sex-- most castrates are permanently incapable of having intercourse as the penetrating partner. You are giving up something natural and pleasurable, practicing a form of sacrifice and restraint. Not unlike a monk.

Do you think they'd have happy with recruits abandoning one distraction for another?

That being said... it seems strange that it would just be alcohol. At the same time, I can't see it any other way.

Unless that liquid contains some important first material Bastion nicked from his master, or some other contents he stole or shouldn't have access to due to danger, expense, or rarity-- and his master caught him.

It's also possible that bottle is holding literal, liquid soul sounded from the khert-- we know Bastion has done this in the future (Timofey).

>pledged for Vol3 + pin
>absolutely broke until the end of the month
Shiiiiit, I gotta drop the pin and borrow $30 from somebody before KS comes knocking at my bank

>Prakhuta
>Khuta
>Cutter
ayyyyy

Timofey is a mnemonic pattern of memories jammed into a First Material just like any pymaric, hence Rahm and Bastion giving him the third person treatment during their meeting. They don't consider him "real".
Pymary is a consequence of the fact that the khert only takes human memories and thus is rigged up to interact with the supernatural blob of memories that makes up each person's mind, right? Does having their mind hooked up to the landfill-style afterlife really mean humans are the species with a soul, per se? Or is it just another issue of the gods playing favorite with the application of natural laws?

>$60k - An illustrated short story. Duane was not a man of means in his younger days, and a desire to line his pockets drove him towards an unsavoury pursuit.
Oh my god, are we really just 4k short from the Adventures of Kissfist Baxter?

Snapped up one of the three volume tier spots as soon as I could. Been waiting for just this opportunity, now that I am a man of some small means.

That's one way to read it, but right now it seems the actual goal was to make a Lizard capable of pymary, something we're now learning with more certainty they can't do.

Really, Duane's interest in them isn't so hard to understand. A lot of the pymary and khert lore, in universe and out, is heavily human focused. But then there's just these lizard guys around everywhere, living life like humans. They don't seem to be senet beasts, far as we can tell. Just some kind of other sapient, mortal life form. Like imagine if we had real, tangible evidence of the Christian concept of human exceptionalism in the form of magical mastery of the material world. Usable in everyday life. And there were just some weird lizard people hanging around everywhere, completely unmentioned by any of our texts or understandings of science and theology and apparently without any of our connections to magic. I'd be curious what was up with them too.

Also I wonder if you can fuck them.

Man, I just can't decide if Bastion is a bad guy or not. He sympathizes with people in bad situations but have no quarrel participating in the assassination of a man and bringing said man back to life, in the most blasphemic way possible
Like wizards, wrights have no sense of right and wrong

I forgot about kissfist baxter. Awesome hope we make the goal

I don't think anyone in Unsounded is totally black or white- with the exception of Starfish, for obvious reasons. It's a nice palette of warm and cool grays.

Since when did two toes not have souls? They aren't senet beasts.

Those two-toes sure are complacent about being locked up.

He's not a good guy or a bad guy. He's a Byronic guy.

Also, maybe he was more innocent when he was younger?

Also, I love the expression in that close-up of Prakhuta's face. That's the most astonished I've ever seen a lizard look.

So how'd he end up like this?

Was going to buy vol 1+2+3 but got cold feet when I noticed that the price doubles if you live in a nation that isn't the US.

It's a flashback. Sepia filter.

It might also just be the lab. There's evil red glowing shit everywhere.

I was too late for the volumes 1, 2 and 3 combo tier so I snatched the volume 1 reward.
It's been out of stock on the store for ages so I figured it'd be smarter to grab that now than volume 3.

Yeah, same, I'd be fine with giving Ashley 50 dollars for three of her great books, but not giving the postal service almost that much as well on top of that. Maybe if I get a job that pays more than 500 dollars a month I can justify spending that much.

You can tell the shitty postage is bringing the KS numbers down overall but I can't justify paying that much for shipping in Australia. I'd rather back her Patreon anyway, then I get something extra three times a week instead of a single print book.

I would rather go skateboarding at a naval outpost.

The abused often become abusers themselves.

Well that's just due to how girly this comic is

He got cut

I feel that. I bought Vol 3 only (I got Vol 1 + 2 during her previous kickstarters) and the shipping nearly doubled the price because I'm in Canada. Honestly wasn't expecting that. I remember the shipping costed a lot less the other two times....

It was in the last couple of years that International Shipping really jacked up in price.

Do you have any idea why?

Terrorism concerns, probably.

you know, that seems reasonable enough. Would explain why he is fucking insane.

Then again, I'm not sure why this original Delicieu would want to put his soul into a filthy two-toe. They are treated like shit pretty much everywhere. Perhaps some kind of experiment gone wrong, or maybe Cutter stole his soul by force.

I missed out on the complete set, so im waiting to see if we can get to the reprint stretch goal before I bother pledging. Doesn't look likely tho, but maybe we can hit 70k for the extra sticker and bookmark.

There was a blue one in the nevergreen.

unsoundedcomic.tumblr.com/post/160593948940/trying-to-read-the-orange-bottle-on-todays-page#notes

Looks like it was alcohol! Bastion way too busy getting wasted, apparently his master disapproves.

>Since when did two toes not have souls? They aren't senet beasts.
IIRC, they were an earlier attempt by the gods to make something like humans. Not exactly senet beasts, but they aren't really part of this world either.

Black Tongues are a fun bunch.

>Vocaroo of Ashley pronouncing Prakhuta

Well I haven't fapped today yet.

>we'll never get an Unsounded animated series with Ashley as Sette's VA or something

>Delicieu's current look keeps bugging me for some reason
>Suddenly realise his flayed skin makes him look like a bird

Did he try to pretty himself up for Lady Crowtits?

No, he's evolving.

Seriously is Ashley hot or not? Never seen a picture.

She's put photos on tumblr before. Your stalking game is poor.

>khert is pronounced with a soft ch sound
I always thought it was pronounced kert...

ashley is cute but not for lewd

>Not wanting to eat Ashley out while she tells you about all the times she had to stop drawing because a particularly gory scene made her want to masturbate

She also pronounces Duane as Do-an. I like my head cannon pronunciations better.

I wonder if she has nice feet

Ashley are you here, do you have nice feet?

Jumped on early and grabbed the three volume deal. I might not get any swag, but it's nice to have all the books now.

>khert = h[alveolar trill]ert
There goes my ability to describe the setting to people without sounding like an idiot

Rector Dooahn Adealie-ayyy will see you in his office after lecture.

Yeah, sorry Ash, I am not going to use throaty ch's to talk about the khert.

Do people find it that hard to pronounce or do you just think it sounds weird? It's pretty easy for me.

It's not comfortable and takes effort to pronounce since it's not a native sound for me. I can pronounce it in a way that approaches correct pronunciation, but I also think it's just a dumb sound, and I'm already used to thinking of khert with a K.

As an isolated burger I'm not practiced with trills and thus can't produce them consistently, and it doesn't sound natural in English conversation. At least it's a fun word to practice with.

>jivi is pronouced jEEvEE

Worst character

How on Earth did you think it was pronounced? Jive-y?

Short i sound for the first i

JivEE

Do you mean Dwane Adler?

As I've often said in the past, Alds pronounce things differently than they are pronounced in the rest of Kasslyne. So you can certainly say Dwayne and Kurt and Adaleer - it just means you're pronouncing them as Sette or Jivi pronounce them. Duane, Quigley, and other Alds pronounce them differently; like native Tainish speakers.

Jivi is Jeevee though, you gotta live with that one.

>All the people in this thread who can't do alveolar sounds are basically Sharteshitters

I like this.

>Jivi spoken with proper I sounds
You're a saint, Cope.

>Almost everything about Timofey is unintended. Bastion was trying to rebuild a specific woman from his life who died, and it came out a hero-worshipping bard convinced it’s a man.
REVERSE
TRAP
GHOST

I can never tell what specific sounds English speakers are trying to describe when they try to "spell it out".
Shame that English is so unsuited to being clear about pronunciation and most people don't know IPA.

I think that refers to him thinking he is a real boy and not a mismash khert memory goo. iirc he got said when winilals referred to him as such.

Im okay with talking more like Sette than Duane.

>long ee sound
>proper i sound

Alright, fine. I'm still not over "Sette" though.

English isn't the only Romance language with vowels, user. It's just the least consistent with them.

>English
>Romance language

>how did an experiment by a guy infamous for sadistic butchery even among a cult of death-mocking wizards end up looking so fucked up?

It is a mystery~

Maybe he tried to escape.

it uses more than enough latin to qualify as a romance language

How's that pronounced? I though seh-tee.

yeah i'd fuck

That's right, user probably thought it was something else

Tanish pronunciations are top tier. Shartshitters get

English is officially a germanic language.

>Tains: culturally extinct monarchists living as a subjugated race in their own homeland, still afraid of boats
>Shartes: thriving capitalist maritime master race
Only a great country could carry out a Great Vowel Shift, pissmops BTFO