-- Part 12: Carnage Unleashed
-- Part 13: Planet of the Symbiotes
-- Part 14: Sinner Takes All
-- Part 15: Along Came A Spider & Rune VS Venom
-- Part 16: The Hunted
-- Part 17: The Hunger, Tooth & Claw & On Trial
-- Part 18: Agent Brock
-- Part 19: Sinister Six

This might as well be a storytime of pain, as these stories are the beginning of when writers completely fucked up Eddie and the symbiote.

Last few stories have already been forgotten about entirely.

Next is the Senator Ward stuff. Instead of slogging through the whole dumb story, just going to post the stuff relevant to Eddie and the symbiote.

This is where the pain really begins.

The artwork in this book is pretty disgusting. But this page is decent.

>Death of Ann

What?! No!

Yeah, its a real shame. And she dies in a really dumb way, too.

Unpopular opinion here.
I really like Jenkins' stuff. I think he's great with character development, and his Spectacular run is one of the most underrated Spidey runs ever. He made some of the well-known Spidey villains deeper by putting them in new perspective and exploring what they mean to Spider-Man on a more personal level than anyone before.
I guess the problem with that (and with Spectacular run overall) is that his stories are very self-contained and almost exist outside of normal continuity, as there are barely any references to other Spider books of the time, and there are barely any references to his run in future Spidey books (I think Eddie's cancer is the only thing that stuck).
This leads to what I've heard is the main problem with this comic, as it messes with some earlier lore. I personally don't have a problem with that, I guess I never considered most of symbiote stuff that good or worthy of preserving to begin with. I think too many people only explore this area of the comic, while it's much more than just ruined lore.
It's also masterful at building a melancholic mood that stays throughout the whole story, which is unusual for Spidey's character to begin with (tho is present in most Jenkins stories about him) and feels like a breath of fresh air. I think it never gets too edgy, it's always just the right amount of reflection thrown in so that the story never feels dark and instead just feels kinda dreary. Maybe it's the slow pace (with monologues that last up to several pages ), or maybe it's a great amount of 'quiet' moments , but it definitely feels unique. I really like the ending too, with Peter just sitting down in a park left to his thoughts about whether he did the right thing by bonding the symbiote and Eddie.
Plus if Ramos was ever good at anything, it was at drawing Venom. The symbiote is totally disgusting and I love it. Definitely my 2nd favourite Venom after the Bagley one.

Jenkins does good on his -own- character development, but has a tendancy to completely shit on or ignore any previous history of the characters he's working with.

Just look at this story, its clear Jenkins had never read a single page with Venom in it prior to writing this.