More like this kino, please

More like this kino, please

but it wasnt good OP

I don't think I can find any major flaws in the movie, and even if was the case, the ending is so good that they'd be redeemed.

9/10

Go watch The Lobster

Did the dunkirk kid had super powers?

He was useful

From what I've heard of it's more like a drama than a psychological horror.

But thanks for the suggestion.

>recommends a film by the same director
why do people do this?

My girlfriend watched this without me then kept asking me what the fuck its even about.

I explained that its some ancient Greek myth or something?

Is it good? Did I miss out?

Yeah, it's great.

Especially the third act.

Is there large emphasis on relationships like in lobster? Not in particular?

Does Skeletonfu look good in it?

>I explained that its some ancient Greek myth or something?

Perhaps then you can explain it to me as well.
But go watch it first.

I guess I sort of liked it. Like, I get it, an eye for an eye and a doogtooth for a dogtooth, but I felt there should be more. Best scene that hit the point the best was when he bites the fathers arm, and then bites his own arm to demonstrate what's happening.

Later I read about how it connects with greek mythology, and I suppose that makes sense - but still, I didn't really feel horrorized and rather I wanted there to be some bigger narrative, something like an explanation. But there wasn't.

The father just killed the wrong deer. This one was apparently sacred.

Because Lanthimos has a distinctive style

You would be kind of stupid to not watch his other films, when you liked this one so much and ask for suggestions.

>only myth I know is oedipus rex
forgot my pictures of retard wojacks at home

why is everyone autistic in this guy's films?

it his style, it irritates people like you and unsettles bigger audiences. I think it's meant to help deliver the humor, but also to antagonize an audience who wants to escape into films as if to find a world that makes just as much sense as their own, but this autism prevents that and Lanthimos seems more interested in reactions and hypotheticals than explained realism.

I mean, the movie is not perfect, and at the beginning I was really worried that'd be just a shitty revenge horror.

But in my opinion it did payoff as the movie continues, especially with the help of being gorgeously shot.

Yeah, I guess, but I was looking more for a psychological horror/thriller.

I will watch Lobster, though.

verfremdungseffekt

I always thought it was a Brecht thing too.

Birth.

its a drama, psychological horror and a comedy at the same time. The Lobster is really something.