Batman Beyond

>Bruce Timm confirmed that after Batman Beyond, the next Batman show was supposed to have been an Animesque series set even further in the future, which he described as "Batman meets Power Rangers." The show would've revolved around a trio of kids who became their time period's equivalents of Batman, Robin, and Batgirl, and would've featured a robot version of Alfred named "Alpha-Red." Timm seemed embarrassed by even the thought of the show, while Kevin Smith thought it would have been Crazy Awesome.

Other urls found in this thread:

toonzone.net/forums/threads/justice-league-kids-the-dcau-show-that-could-have-replaced-justice-league.3815571/#post1622756
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sounds cool, but it's a shame he didnt do an episode with that shit with Terry as old batman

>essentially a Batman based LoSH

Not an awful concept tbqh

... How old would Dick be in Beyond anyway?

>even further in the future

What would it be called, Batman Beyonder?

No. That was the original batman beyond pitch. Don't be a fucking lying faggot OP

Batman: Beyond the Beyond

If all you knew about the show was that it was Batman in the future, and a continuation of BTAS, Dick as Batman sounds like a pretty logical assumption.

No it wasn't. The suits asked them to pitch a show about a teenage Batman in the future, and they came up with Batman Beyond over the weekend.

>Robot Butler, Alpha-Red
That's actually great.

>The suits asked them to pitch a show about a teenage Batman in the future, and they came up with Batman Beyond over the weekend.
The fuck no. They wanted a teenage'd Batman and Bruce Timm set it in the future so he wouldn't have to have a young Bruce

OP's legit.
toonzone.net/forums/threads/justice-league-kids-the-dcau-show-that-could-have-replaced-justice-league.3815571/#post1622756
>when BB was originally coming to a close, kids wb asked us if we had any ideas on how to do a more "kid-friendly" batman show...alan burnett and hilary bader worked up a (i kid you not) "batman on mars" pitch, which was basically just a continuation of BB...terry moves to a colony on a terraformed mars and has kid-friendly adventures there...i was really relieved when kwb showed no interest in it, as i just HATED the concept....

>so glen and i were mulling it over and took it as a challenge: was there a way to give kwb EXACTLY the kind of show they wanted, but still make it something that was freaky enough to be fun in its own right? we thought, "okay, rather than doing something that's just a 'baby-step' away from our previous shows, still tied to our direct continuity, etc, what if we do something that's REALLY whacked, that takes place SO far in the future, it's barely related to what we've done before"....("plausible deniability" played a factor here too)...

>"pokemon" was still super-hot at kwb, so we tried to combine elements of it and other "collect 'em all" anime shows ("cardcaptors", "digimon", etc) with traditional batman elements....we brought adam warren in to help develop it with us (he ended up doing most of the art for the pitch, too)...it took place hundreds of years from now, and revolved around the adventures of an all-new batman, robin and batgirl, all in their early teens....there was some kind of nano-disaster that re-wrote reality, re-creating the old bat-villain archetypes as nano-based monsters....the kids had a butler a.i. named "alpha-red" (that one was just so tacky, we HAD to do it) who also powered all their vehicles...kenner had been urging us for years to put a talking vehicle a la "knight rider" in one of our shows (they originally wanted us to put a "jor-el" voice chip in clark kent's sportscar in STAS, so he could converse with clark, brando-style), so the talking "alpha-red/batmobile" was a no-brainer....do i have to go on?

>anyhow, kenner LOVED the whole pitch, wanted to get started on the toy-line "yesterday!", but kwb thought it was still too "traditional", it wasn't "out of the box" enough..."batman's still too re-active...does he have to fight crime?" i pointed out that he would be fighting MONSTERS, not criminals.... "what if, instead of three kids who fight monsters, what if the three kids COMPETE about who gets to BE batman?" after a long moment of stunned silence i pointed out that if batman's not protecting the weak from the bad guys, be they monsters or criminals or aliens or what-have-you, then fundamentally, it just isn't "batman" AT ALL.....they allowed that there was probably some truth to that, asked us to give the whole thing some more thought, and invited us to come back and re-pitch it then.....the next day, i called mike lazzo at cn, pitched jl, he said "hell yeah!" and that was the end of BATMANIME...
00s era WB execs were incredibly stupid.

Personally, I would imagine that Bruce would've started fighting crime when he was about 26, and that he adopted Dick when he was 14, Dick was probably in his early 60s like Barbara by the time Beyond starts up. The only question is whether or not he continued playing the role of Nightwing, or if he quit that so he could bang Starfire all the time in an attempt to keep his youth. We know that Tim Drake was in his 50s during Beyond.

The episode Robin's Reckoning states that Dick was almost 10 when his parents died. Still, that's a good close estimate.

there had been a batman beyond comic a few years back that continued the beyond stories. had a future hush that turned out to be a clone of dick leftover from a prior plan to create a new batman. it lead to us learning what happened to dick and introduced a future catwoman too.

I don't get it.

>Dick grayson is the batman

More like jason todd is the batman.

Dick became nick fury

>Dick Fury

I thought that the original Batman Beyond pitch was called Gotham High where Batman and the Rogues Gallery were all High School Students?

Wasn't this supposed to be following Batman: TAS and it eventually evolved into Beyond?

I guess not

>PUNISHED GRAYSON
>A Robin Without Wings

>00s era WB execs were incredibly stupid.
They still are.

Hey, that's just Nick Fury.