Admit it

You would've liked Rey more if she was cute

>things wouldn't be so bad if it were better

Why is Star Wars concept art superior to the real thing?

I would have liked her more if her name was Kira and not Rey. Rey is a gay ass name. Also, they need to make her more flawed.

I would've liked Rey if that was her character design. hell her being an edgy Jyn type would be better than the cardboard motivation-less personality-less robot we have as the MC

I like the original idea of her living inside a water tower back when Jakku was a shipyard planet.

ths desu

fpbp

All concept art is inherently superior.

Because?

except she is cute, nice try fags

Pure conceptualized source without constraints of resources or budget

Because it's a singular vision that's not bound to meddling from corporate execs who say the budget can't justify it, or the prop fabricators who say it can't be done. At least in LotR they worked a lot with Alan Lee to get a lot of his vision into the film.

This is honestly true, if Daisey were attractive it would be better.

Like I would be into Star Wars if Rey was played by Alexandra Daddario.

look at this amazing design. too bad JJ had to go MUH NOSTALGIA and just made Jakku another boring desert planet without anything memorable on it

fuck these creativeless hack managers

she is already cute, just unlikeable
dark side rey would be cool tho, never had dark side females in SW

QUICK
we have the ability to go back in time and alter who plays rey
who do you choose?

>Current rey
>not cute
Are you literally gay?

>training

don't let Rey hear this word, if she does she'll start melting like the Wicked Witch of the West

Sith women are the best women. Strong females don't have to be good guys.

Lucy Boynton

>All of these great ideas dropped in favor of a lazy rehash that will age like milk
Darn... Disney's movies are more offensive than the Prequels for this alone. Had the goodwill and the money to make kino. Wastes it all.

I have no problem at all with the actress.

She has no hero's journey. You don't start at the end of the fucken journey. Thats not a journey.

no shit sherlock

Nope.

I'd like her more if she was well-written and acted. If she were just played by a cuter actress, she might be fapbait, but that's it.

She just beat an scrawny nerd fanboy.

Imagine a Star Wars directed by Villeneuve. I will shill for that man until he turns into Ridley Scott.

There's a reason why art is a thing. An artist can make anything look more appealing than reality, by being selective about which details to show, what to exaggerate and emphasize and not being bound to physics.

It's like pootery

I would have liked Rey if she were a well written character in a well made movie, rather than a pair of tits paraded in front of the vocal feminist minority in a blatant insult to fans that they pretend is a continuation of the Star Wars saga. I don't care that shes a woman, I don't care that the other main character is an equally poorly written black guy. I care that they didn't even try to make a good movie that wasn't 90% pandering to special interest groups. I care that Disney tossed well established and well loved lore in the garbage and let a bunch of cunts and PC cocksuckers make up their own story.

I cannot fucking wait for one of these endless sequels to bomb bad enough that this shit can be over already. I cannot wait until we can stop fucking talking about Star Wars.

giv sith gf

Jakku being a shipyard makes more sense, honestly. Why would a desert wasteland have any kind of space traffic when its only resource is a bunch of crashed ships sporting worthless tech.

We need to go chaver,

perfect

Solo's gonna be the one. But then dumbass KK will think "it's da WHITE MALE LEAD" and cast some diverse vocalpiece in the next one. Then that will bomb too and they'll be finished

Fans will destroy Disney 'canon' and return legends as the true canon

That's a hairline that will restore my uncle David's confidence

I can't decide whether she looks more attractive with blonde or dark hair

90% of fanboy criticism would be gone if Rey was a cute.

so E8 is bad because Ridley is uggo? I think you should Turn 360 and walk out of here

>But then dumbass KK will think "it's da WHITE MALE LEAD"
>WHITE

He was "discovered" at a bar mitzvah.

good then. let the SJWs die quicker. can't wait for the big corp execs to realize SJWs do more harm than good to their profits

Dark 100 times, GOAT combo with pale skin.

This.. actually makes Jakku seem fresh.

Even concept art for 2D productions?

I really can't think of many productions where the concept art isn't infinitely more interesting than the actual product. Fuck you Destiny.

>Villeneuve
>Star Wars
Why do you torture me, user? That would be amazing. Almost certain to never happen though. Disney doesn't want unique visions. They want yes-men they can control to pump out committee garbage. There is nothing original about The Last Jedi besides the lengths it's willing to go to pander to SJWs.

>I would have liked her more if her name was Kira and not Rey. Rey is a gay ass name. Also, they need to make her more flawed.
More flawed??? Let's count her flaws:
1. No Tits
2. No Ass
3. Shaped like a 10 yr old boy
4. Can cry instantly, but otherwise can't act
5. Possible aversion to white men
6. No top lip
7. Too high forehead to face ratio
8. No respect for elders (commits felony; assault of an elderly person, when his back was to her no less!)
9. Orders everyone around
10. No ability to learn. (She just knows how to do everything instantly-worse than the matrix)
She really just seems too flawed to be interesting

He wants to do something Dune related, there's still hope for some space-desert good shit.

That wouldn't fix how awfully written her character is though.

>No Tits
Does this count?

>never had dark side females in SW

Not fixing this is a big reason nu-Wars is such shit. Should have done a trilogy of Bane and pic related intead,

The Disney nu-feminism isn't about strong well-written female characters. It's about using her being female to shield shitty, lazy writing so they can cry soggy nees when it gets criticized.

>He wants to do something Dune related
He's locked in already. He was their first choice to direct Bond 25 but he was already working on Dune

I prefer blonde, but she looks qt regardless

This would have been iconic

Yes, really don't get why they make Jakku look exactly like Tatooine.

Definitely blonde

Bane?

yeah probably

Lol. This only applies since Disney took over, and it's because Lucas would be the one to hand pick and approve art/concepts, even ask artists to edit things to his liking

Reminder that we lost the EU so that Admiral "It's a Trap!" Ackbar could die on the bridge of some rebel cruiser so that Admiral Holdor
could take over.

Reminder that there will never be a movie about Jaina Solo learning how to hunt Jedi from Boba Fett in order to take down Darth Caedus.

But it's alright because we have Porg stuffed toys!

notice how the prequels actually look like the good concept art. and how all the great shit in tfa's art book was scrapped instead

>cute
Yes, that would have helped.
>well-written character with a personality beyond "lol I can just do everything immediately because muh vagina!"
Yes, that would have wonderful.

she looks like a whore that trades sex for scraps

>george lucas
yes user

The studio micromanagement must be brutal if you're under the mouse.

here is the original Jakku, Rey (Kira), and BB8

>kurosawa influence
yep, no way would be approved by the fake star wars crew

Fuck, that looks great

fuck man, this shit honestly pisses me off.

this actually looks like star wars. this is real star wars.
note the droid that actually looks new and original, and you know, isn't a fucking ball r2d2 clone

naw lets go with discount tattooine

Interesting, really has some junkyard feel.

>my favorite parts of Star Wars movies are usually the quiet moments, because that's when you really get into the heart of a character
this guy gets it
too bad there's literally one scene in TFA that does this (when she eats her dinner and puts on an old helmet)

>inside the emperor's tower on the second death star
>submerged underwater

holy fuck that's a neat concept

good thing we got red sand hoth instead!

>tfw no comfy swamp empire graveyard
>tfw we get another fucking sand planet instead

with concept art like this, how did these movies end up so fucking terrible?

IT LOOKS GREAT

FUCK

>this scrap swamp planet looks awesome
>but i've got a better idea, let's change it to a direct Tattooine knock-off
>That's uh, genius JJ, but why?
>I'll walk you through it, we already have Rey dreaming of Luke, later on she touches his lightsaber and experiences his memories, were gonna drop a lot of hints they are related, having her grow up on a planet that looks *exactly* like his planet did further helps to establish the mysterious link between them
>Ok, yeah, I see it. So, uh, they are going to end up being related then?
>No, haha It's all just a bait and switch!
>Her parents turn out to be just a couple of hobos, no real link to Luke at all, like nothing
>Now tear up that concept work and start looking at old set photos of Tattooine

I be someone say something like "Umm, should we look for locations with a different shade of sand at least?

Aye.

That doesn't properly establish the link* sir.

*that ends up not existing

Lucas had McQuarrie

Top left is best but was too scary for numale fags and sjws

Giv Darth Talon.

Turn 360° ? Dude you really are an idiot