What are some of the biggest examples of Flanderization?

What are some of the biggest examples of Flanderization?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qF4RCOcz9ow
youtu.be/tEp-XtGOp0s
youtube.com/watch?v=xaX4A3NHWoM
youtube.com/watch?v=kPni6B2d9QM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Go look in the mirror.

I'll just get the obvious one out of the way.

Ned Flanders.

I mean that is where they got the name flanderization from.

man i was so pissed when i saw that pilot.
cosmo was such a boss in it.i wish they have kept those interactions intact.

>Be 1 year after Phil Hartman dies
>make one of your main characters a Phil Hartman impression

it was an interesting strategy

Peridot, I guess.

Belgium

Any character on family guy

Movie
>Dirx is a stoic, tough, no-holds-barred cold pill, who never runs from a real fight. Would never, in his life, trust a criminal.

Show
>Drix is a wacky, bumbling sidekick who screams like a girl, and is often seeing cowering in fights. Trusted a criminal and allowed the criminal to break into an oil refinery in an ill-fated attempt to be "street".

Except for Brian

Brian is basically Seth's self-insert so it's not really surprising.

>Season 1
Reasonably intelligent. Takes care ohis family.

>Later Seasons
Destructive moron. Even dumber than Billy.

Why do they do this?

Brian was originally the levelheaded voice of reason, and in several early episodes was seen reading and quoting the Bible. He's the first character to notice that the plagues have a Biblical connection in the episode where Peter started an occult, and even slapped him saying "GOD. IS. PISSED." in it.

So yes, including Brian.

What are you talking about? He went from the straight-man voice of reason to an insufferable narcissistic liberal.
Sure you could argue that those traits were always present, but they weren't nearly as overbearing as they are now.

>Smooth voice
>Quick wit
>Great, balanced chemistry between him and Wanda

Reeeeally wish Hartman and Co. stuck with the OG Cosmo.

The Eds.

Ed went from a chill guy. While he wasn't that smart, he had some form of intelligence I felt. Then he became loud and very very dumb. Despite that, Ed has always made me laugh hard

I forgot the other 2

Double D was very mellow and seemed to talk the least. He was a neat freak, but he seemed calm and always went along with Eddy's plans. Then, he started to criticize Eddy's plans a lot and became even more of a neat freak.

Eddy started out as someone who just wanted to fit in. Greedy and selfish, but really cared for his friends. Then, he became even more selfish and greedy, as well as very loud and would even abuse his friends

Here's a fringe theory: Brian suddenly being an atheist in post-cancellation seasons isn't a continuity error, it's a plot point. It's a plot point typically used in a preachy and annoying way, but a plot point nonetheless.

The last time we see a direct reference to Brian believing in God is in the season 3 premiere, "The Thin White Line". At the end of the episode, he says the one thing he's learned from the whole ordeal is that everyone is responsible for their own actions (or something to that effect); that's when he stops believing in God.

She went from hating boys and blindly praising any girl operatives whether they were competent or not to just hating everyone in general.

DuckTales Launchpad vs Darkwing Launchpad

She was really ahead of her time tbhwyfam

Only watched it in latin dub (porque vivo en beanerlandia a la verga) and I wanna know if the original changed the voice from movie-low and stern to series-high faggoted pitch

Big Ed never had anything resembling intelligence.

Seriously Brian's character right now is way more hateful and obnoxious than everyone else, and he used to be the one with a greater common sense. They should've leaved him dead.

Am I the only one who thinks every other character became better while he turned shittier?

That reminds me of the Kanker sisters as well. They went from slightly creepy, overly controlling dramatic queens, to flat out rapists in later seasons.

Textbook case.

As the MCU went on, every hero has become a quippy sarcasm lord with a heart of gold

That happened immediately after the movie, though

Even Thor. It was really weird hearing him go "I am son of Odin, guys I can't remember because this is really heavy or whatever".

I feel like EEnE actually benefited from it somehow, made the characters play off of each other better in later seasons than the first one. Only case I can think of where I enjoyed the Flanderized cast more than the original iterations of them.

What's the difference?

Pretty much ever appearance she made after her first was a hysterical caricature.

the movie and first season were fun but then bloo turned into such an obnoxious prick in the later seasons

This, I liked asshole Bloo

>Why do (((they))) do this?

Although he was an ex Navy Seal

>Eddy started out as someone who just wanted to fit in. Greedy and selfish, but really cared for his friends. Then, he became even more selfish and greedy, as well as very loud and would even abuse his friends

That pissed me off most of all. Eddy in the early seasons was selfish, but still a kind of chill dude who you could hang out with if you got on his good side. The Eddy of the later seasons was a greedy, evil, Eric Cartman-esque character.

That´s fucking true!, but I love redheads...I can still bang her 10/10

Fuck off beaner!, is NOT beanerlandia...is Mega CIty-one off Judge Dredd

He's probably the second most flanderized character on the show.

From most flanderized to lest
Stewie>Brian>Meg>Peter>Lois>Chris

Lisa motherfucking Simpson

He became shit

This. I don't think it's really an example of Flanderization, but the writers finding stronger identity and a groove for the characters as time went on.

>people saying Stewie

You fuckers forgot was flanderization is.

Stewie's character CHANGED. He's not a murderous psychopath hellbent on taking over the world anymore. He's now a smarthmouthed little fag.

Get your shit straight.

To be fair, pre-movie Spongebob did cry loudly too. Like that time Mr Krabs fired him in the karate episode, or the Grandma's kisses episode.

>Flanderization
Go back to TV Tropes.

I'd say Brian has switched roles with Meg. He is the punching bag of the show now.

I don´t know, for me everything went shit when he stopped looking like this

I forgot. What happened with Meg?

She turned into the voice of reason, or in other words,

>he's so new he thinks tvtropes invented the term Flanderization

Foster's was just a trainwreck when it came to flanderization/seasonal rot tbqh

Well, actually I don't even give a fuck, it's definitely TV Tropes that promotes it nowadays so it's still shit by association, whatever its origins may be.

>THINGS THAT BOTHER YOU NEVER BOTHER ME

Honestly I found the Season 1 Harold and Gladis to be annoying and stereotypical insert parents. I'm glad they changed them.

>Like that time Mr Krabs fired him in the karate episode, or the Grandma's kisses episode
In the former, he's freaking out at the realization that his addiction just cost him his job, which is the most important thing in his life and his pride and joy, and it's all his fault. In the latter, he was just a guy who really loved his Grandmother, got severely mocked for it, try to change drastically so he would be "more mature" which he couldn't stand because it was fundamentally a lie about how he feels in regards to his grandmother since he was incredibly jealous of all the love Patrick was getting.

It's a far cry from wasting a week waiting for a mail order cereal prize and then crying like a baby when the gimmick activates.

>I feel happy and fine, Aha Living in the sunlight Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time

Totally agree

but user that was a improvement user.

Now I remember why I don't want a reboot. This show had great ideas, designs, and well written characters like Numbah 1 and 5, but it also had some of the shittiest side characters i've seen in cartoons.

Gladis went nuts in the first season

This, everybody is a prick in the mansion, bloo making them suffer is for the best

Another thing that annoyed me was the characters screaming constantly.

Lizzie was the worst character in KND

Yeah and I hated the episode where they made it seem like she's nuts because everyone around her is dense. Yet when they started writing her as her naturally being nuts the gag became so much better.

Was Phil Hartman related to Butch?

Was she more annoying than her? I can´t really remember

Honestly this is the reason I couldn't get into the series. All the characters personalities went a 180 after the movie.

Mac and Wilt became huge SJWs, Eduardo became an even bigger faggot, and Coco sometimes flips from being crazy to being a bitch.

I always cheered for Bloo despite how much he deserved.

Lizzie was more annoying than Mushi

Why the fuck is there so much art like that? One or two would be alright, but there's a whole subgenre of old SpongeBob getting annoyed by neo SpongeBob, despite him rarely getting that annoyed early on.

Wasn't Lizzie that fat bitch that dumped Nigel over a misunderstanding?

His voice does change a bit between the movie and cartoon, but it's not very extreme. The cartoon voice is just a bit sillier.

A lot of mad fans

She dumped him because he chose the KND over her, it seems rude on his part until you remember that if it weren't for kids like Nigel, most kids on the planet would be treated like slaves.

Yeah. Jeff Bennett did a decent impersonation of David hyde pierce.

Stewie was questionably gay in the early seasons. As the show went on, they started making jokes about it more and more until they just dropped the evil baby thing in favor of gay jokes.

Ed was the one who had the biggest change out of the three. I kinda miss when he was a comic book eccentric nerd instead of a buzzword obsessed idiot.

youtu.be/qF4RCOcz9ow

I for real hate that any Tiny Tim people hear nowadays is slowed down grainy version in Horror movies for some bizarre reason. He was an amazing musician and Spongebob fantastically used the shit out of his music.

In defense of the character, the writers did often remember he was a Sup Forumsmrade. And we got episodes mixed in among the ones where he was really bad where he was a complete idiot, but all about monster stuff or Evil Tim.

youtu.be/tEp-XtGOp0s

Case and point. Fuckin awful.

this image is retarded and so are you. notice how you can switch the text boxes around and it still fits in with their characters, thats exactly why the Eds being fleshed out was a good thing. They were boring fucking characters in the first episodes, with hardly anything to set them apart. Eddy needed his short temper, Edd his neat freak obsession, and Ed his lovable stupidity to actually become interesting characters

comebacks that sound good on paper

hey Beter

>became meme-tier in record time

Surprised it took three posts to name him.

He wasn't as dumb, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=xaX4A3NHWoM

eh, I kinda liked seeing the progression of a mindless worker drone into madness after everything kept going wrong

the biggest mistake they made is keeping all her and lapis' character development offscreen

There's a line in an early season where he say's "I like Hillary Clinton, no matter what anybody says" albeit a circa 2000 Clinton

>Brian
>not flanderized

In an earlier episode he had a thing for Lois, told her about it, and then took it easily when she rejected him.

Since then, from what little I've seen/heard of Family Guy, he's apparently fucked two of her kids and tried to rape her.

>RAGGLE FRAGGLE

You people are morons

>they waterboarded Plank

my sides

he spends 5 seconds repeatedly running into a lightpole

>Huge threat and first homeworld gem introduced that's threatening and competent
>turned into a small weird little gremlin thing that was b-lined into a barn with a blue bitch who hardly ever get's screen time

Only happened on Whedon movies and Thor the dark world

>She dumped him because he chose the KND

I´ll just going to put this here: youtube.com/watch?v=kPni6B2d9QM

I did say "AS dumb". He was dumb, but he wasn't just completely off in a fantasy world like he is in later episodes.