Just watched Eyes Wide Shut. What does Sup Forums think of it? I'm conflicted on whether I liked it or not...

Just watched Eyes Wide Shut. What does Sup Forums think of it? I'm conflicted on whether I liked it or not. On the one hand both Cruise and Kidman gave stellar performances, the manor scene was creepy and unsettling, and the costume shop owner's daughter made my dick hard. On the other hand, however, the film felt like it moved at a snail's pace and I also don't think I enjoyed the subject matter at all. It's borderline cuck territory.

Opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yGoGDjdBP3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>moved at a snail's pace
I liked it, added to the comfy yet eerie feel.
>It's borderline cuck territory
It would be cuck if Cruise wasn't perturbed by her flirting and fantasies, but he went out to get his own strange because fuck that cunt.

I liked it more the second time I watched it. Not Kubrick’s best but still a decent movie.

I never really looked into the subject matter or the conspiracy theories though.

it was the film that got Kubrick murdered by the rich cultists

I'll admit user it's 5AM where I live now and I was sleepy throughout the film. I'll give it another shot a few days from now fully rested. Interesting point on Cruise's handling of the situation. I mean, he went further than her fantasy so if we take things into perspective he "out-cucked" her by a mile.

was alice at the ritual?

you don't get it IT WAS ALL OF US

One of my favourite movies to be honest. I love the atmosphere of Cruise strolling through late night New York. Very dreamlike in a way in which no other film has matched.

It was interesting but ultimately it felt unfinished.

The slowness doesn't bother me, but the melodrama does. I think the performances are a bit forced, but it was largely Kubricks doing. He hyperanylized the life out of it.

Whats up with the steady 2 threads of EWS a day this entire week?

more like 5AM

the movie has an amazing atmosphere but the acting is kinda weird(tom cruise smirky face like 90% of the time) and the paing is shit so it deserves a solid 7.5/10 from me still a good watch tho

Bright had a better allegory on social class going on than EWS. Though both are solid movies, Bright resonated better.

gets better the more I linger from it, if that makes sense

the masked orgy was a dream sequence, right?

yes and no.

thats the genuine answer.
its both a dream and reality.

quick rundown? it's been years and i did hear some theories but i have yet to hear from someone which parts of the film were real and which were not

youtube.com/watch?v=yGoGDjdBP3o
heres something for now.

Christmas

We'll tell you what to think of it.

It's an interesting movie that honestly captures how people are in reality really well.

It's a very interesting taught if our thoughts go to far and what is the limit.

Is it okay that I personally still think about the possible relationship I could have with my exes when I am married?

The moments when Tom is out there to get lucky but gets constantly blocked by these random acts is entertaining.

Makes you come to the conclusion your dreams are just dreams and not reality. Reality is very different and those fantasies are most likely not even worth the effort.