Computer, tea, black, hot

>Computer, tea, black, hot.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superheated_water
youtu.be/2FcwRYfUBLM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antihydrogen
youtube.com/watch?v=6d4tiSwoIHY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how do they know the tea wont be too hot and instantly evaporate into super hot steam and burn picard to death?

Wasn't it Earl Grey?
Also, dat relevant captcha

Computer: white women, BLACKED, high definition

More importantly, how does the computer know what he's even asking for? He never says "replicator" or "computer, activate replicator". Can the computer read his thoughts? Why does he even needs to speak the commands out loud?

>bee bee boo boo
"Error. Unable to comply. Degenerate material is limited to security levels E5 and higher"

what if the tea is a tea made of some disgusting or poisonous leaf

what if black is misunderstood and the computer produces a tea that is completely black

What if the tea appears without a mug and spills all over the place? He didn't specify that the tea should be in a container. And what about the volume? How could the computer know how much tea to replicate?

this thread will die not because it was bad, but because you didn't make it /trek/

>What if the tea appears without a mug and spills all over the place?
Holy fuck I lol'd.

Please, do try it.

How does the computer know which homonym of tea he means? He could be asking for a fashionable yet casual shirt. Or 90s rapper Ice T heated up to a cozy one hundred and sixty degrees.

What's the limit of what it can create? Could it serve human meat? A live animal? A cup of your own piss?

this desu. In the grand scale of temperature, asking a replicator for something "hot" is a bad idea.

Computer, gf, cute, virgin

How does a replicator replicate heat?

Can it replicate charged batteries as well?

>computer, computer.

>newborn baby materializes

well tea isnt steam so it cant be over 100c.

I drink Earl Grey daily because of Picard. Probably the best thing I ever learned from TV.

>Computer, delete system 32

Disengage safety protocols.

you can heat water to above 100c

Fuckin lol

>Computer, meal, hot.

into steam

>computer: it, down, shut it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superheated_water

it has a database of items you can replicate, and you need to have a license to replicate them. But it's like cable subscriptions, you gotta buy a bundle with a bunch of shit you don't want to get a couple things you do want. So you'd get like the entire bad dragon catalogue paired with clipboards and shit. And who the fuck would want to use clipboards in the future.

>holodeck and instantly synthesize entire complex scrolling scenes with 0 lag

>food replicator takes 10 seconds

>under extreme pressure

Got you senpai

What is latent heat. There is a period before a phase change occurs when the temperature doesn't change but energy is still being absorbed. You can heat water to 100C without evaporating it.

If the water is distilled it doesn't take anything more than normal atmospheric pressure.

If you do anything to it, like putting in a spoon, it will flash boil.

There are countless news reports of stupid biddies microwaving water for tea and doing just that to themselves.

And how often does the holodeck fuck up or break down?

>future
>caring about "degeneracy"
Fuck off back to Sup Forums.

What if Picard ordered a fully functional scale model of the Enterprise?
Wouldn't he be the inventor of a miniature warp drive?

This. I mean, COME ON! It's 2364. just wow

>mfw the security team comes to my quarters to tell me I haven't got my tea license

What do they do with the glasses and plates that are replicated every time foods or beverages are ordered? They never reuse them because a new one is replicated each time so they must accumulate somewhere.

they replicate a garbage crew to take them away to a replicated miniature blackhole

>pure distilled water
>tea
pick one

>phase change
>from a machine that can turn energy into matter directly

>badguy gains control of the ship
>computer, fill a coffee can with equal parts hydrogen and anti-hydrogen
>the end

>computer, a purpose in life.

I didn't say the biddies were smart, flatsack.

youtu.be/2FcwRYfUBLM

Destroy the jews, user. That's the only purpose you need.

Here is your order sir

I don't brain science. Is that some kind of explosive that's commonly used or something? Or is it theoretical? Sounds interesting regardless.

Computer, Zyklon B.

>buy custom holowaifu
>attach mobile emitter
>she gains sentience 3 years later and is declared an independent person
>kick her out and buy new holowaifu
>repeat ad nauseum
>eventually creates homeless legion of holograms with no skills beyond being a cumslut

star trek is a weird future

No it's real.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antihydrogen

>computer, a man's hat filled with perfume with a single plum floating in the middle.

>Computer, steamed hams

antimatter bomb

>giphy (2).gif

computer, zyklon bees

Computer, what's a computer?

>they can only kill themselves

>Computer, Hello.

Computer, guy, big, for you

>computer, new universe

Fucking great movie

Eh it's a bit preachy these days. Look, the fat fuck even has a "i quit smoking" button. What a fag.

Computer, Dr. Crusher interpretive dance routine.

youtube.com/watch?v=6d4tiSwoIHY

I know Picard liked it hot and black.

Kirk's "how ironic that when man was destroying the whales, he was actually destroying his own future" line is pure cringe but other than that it's not that bad.

I don't remember it being preachy, I just found communicating with humpback whales and a massive probe floating in space to be a pretty cool plot device.
>promoting good health
>what a fag
Real edgy my man

Wearing a fucking button isn't going to make anyone else stop smoking. It's the 80's version of virtue signalling.

>"they are not your whales" --Spock
Bullshit they weren't.

Formerly Earl Grey

>Computer, Wolf Dildo, 5 inches, 5 liters of semen

I think there are conveniently too many items that can't be replicated. I feel like only items that are organic or in a pseudo-state of matter should be unreplicable.

That it can replicate potential energy is a bunch of bullshit.

Mate, do you understand physics?
I don't think Picard asks for his tea to be projected at him mid-stream by the replicators.

Because the professional replicator programmers at Starfleet have an internationally agreed upon set of standardized temperatures for the safe consumption of food by humans.

His voice is louder in the directional microphone over the replicator, therefore the computer deduces his attention is on the replicator and interprets his command as a replicator order.

Because the computer is set with parameters. Additionally, it probably follows the laws of robotics, so it would be incapable of harming human beings.
I mean, seriously. You can't be this retarded.

>Mate, do you understand physics?
>I don't think Picard asks for his tea to be projected at him mid-stream by the replicators.

>transporters are totally real and possible
Bruh.

Temperature is a measure of the average kinetic energy of the molecules within a substance, so it replicates the tea with the molecules already moving.

It can't replicate charged batteries as I believe it actually used protein and carbohydrate ration packs that it synthesized into food.

>the computer is incapable of harming a human being

Except when it does.

>Temperature is a measure of the average kinetic energy of the molecules within a substance, so it replicates the tea with the molecules already moving.

So how does it know both their momentum and position?

>computer, load up celery man, please.

Then don't use terms like "potential energy" if you clearly have no clue at all what it means. If you're willing to indulge hypothetical technology for your post but then dismiss it for mine you should probably stop posting altogether as well.

he's standing at the replicator. seems pretty obvious.

Fantastic arguments, shit for brains.

So tell me smart ass. If you push an object out of the replicator, what happens to it? Where did it get the energy to fall?

>shit for brains
I've only heard this phrase used by rednecks and people without college education, ironically enough.

>go to Wil Wheaton's twitter
>toxic autism

>go to William Shatner's twitter
>delicious shitposting

It's all hypothetical, but your post never used an indicator of what you meant, such as saying "everything should come out absolute zero in temperature or it shouldn't be possible".
After all, it's all hypothetical technology. We can make a case but it has to be based in real physics or we're just jerking ourselves off over something that doesn't exist (yet).

>oh shit he called me out on being a brainlet
>I-I-I agree that it's fake

Damn straight.

future people will care a lot more since people will have enough free time and resources to absolutely destroy themselves and society with degeneracy in a week

I have to assume after this post that you're trying to cover up for the fact that you don't understand what potential energy is or else you wouldn't have made your OP in the first place.

So define gravitational potential energy then.

>that's his actual twitter name
Holy kek

Yeah, he needs help. I honestly feel bad for him. Being ridiculed for being Wesley must have really taken it's toll.

I'm sure you have, o intelligent one

Mate, that's not how this works. You're on the run right now because you aren't adult enough to stand by your mistakes. Based upon your OP, nothing should be replicable. But then you will inevitably fall back on the "it's not real!" refrain so that you don't have the courage to actually address my original reply which was that everything that the replicator replicates is kinetic energy by physics standards. There is no need to address it in such an obtuse manner.

@92330461

>Mate, that's not how this works. You're on the run right now because you aren't adult enough to stand by your mistakes. Based upon your OP, nothing should be replicable. But then you will inevitably fall back on the "it's not real!" refrain so that you don't have the courage to actually address my original reply which was that everything that the replicator replicates is potential energy by physics standards. There is no need to address it in such an obtuse manner.

Nope. The answer is even simpler than that.