Thoughts on the current state of Sup Forums?

Thoughts on the current state of Sup Forums?

bunch of soyboys and redditors desu

Reddit migration

Pretty much most people just come to meme and shitpost now. The remaining anons fall for the memes like Snyder is a good director, others are just contrarians, and other just want to shit on movies without knowing even the most basic thing about film.

just watched bright

butter then i thought, if you can get past the the cheesy premise then it's got some decent performances from a decent cast

Netflix shills are here

Whats the problem? That screenshot is obviously from a bright thread. If you want an eyes wide shut thread you should have made your own rather than this stupid thread.

Eyes Wide Shut isn't that good though

>every piece of memeflix shit gets a general or general type threads
very interesting stuff

Pretty much most people just come to meme and shitpost now. The remaining anons fall for the memes like Nolan is a good director, others are just contrarians, and other just want to shit on movies without knowing even the most basic thing about film.

The people shilling this shitty Netflix flick need to leave

this :(
>butter then
phone post :(

>secret societies and le j00s the movie
OP you need to fuck off back to Sup Forums. I'd gladly watch Bright over that trash.

Pretty much most people just come to meme and shitpost now. The remaining anons fall for the memes like Nolan is a good director, others are just contrarians, and other just want to shit on movies without knowing even the most basic thing about film.

>Bright
>Entertaining

Congratulations Sup Forums you did it again

Why aren't you whining about people making nonstop threads of a Bladerunner sequel?

HAHAHAHAHA. A Will Smith movie... better than a Tom Cruise movie. Nu/tv/ needs to fucking hang.

Do you wanna talk about Salo without actually having anything to say some more?

The average poster seems to be younger and dumber than ever, barely capable of stringing together a few buzzwords, as that's the only English they know. It's really unfortunate as this is what the entire Internet is slowly becoming.

Thats pretty bad too
More and more proof of reddit taking over

>Whats the problem?
W-what's the p-problem? I'm j-just a simple shill! No harm! No foul!

It's either people shitposting or threads where people trying to have an actual discussion get derailed by people who genuinely believe anyone who likes something they dislike is being paid to talk about it on Sup Forums

I'm only here to shitpost anymore. Haven't had a good film discussion here in years.

Movies are all bad anyway so it's not much of a loss.

>Eyes Wide Shut isn't that good though
It's a helluva lot better than a straight to DVD Ayer movie

You're a smart user..I Agree and sadly i don't think our future looks very good friend...

god forbid people actually discuss a series let's have 40 star wars threads instead

Why are you being so uppity while posting a picture of Soy Wars comic?

Why does it upset you so much?

I'm not upset, child of Sup Forums. Go read your funnybooks in the corner.

>Shills for EWS
I don't think they know what that word means

Prequel apologism was the last omen that discussion on this board has taken a nosedive.

As a EWS shill I can safely say that Kubrick deposits my shekels from hell

Overrun with Sup Forumstards.

Not that long ago this board hated the prequels with a passion.

kill yourself youngfag. you're part of the problem

Netflix finally releases a movie that appeals to heterosexual men while BTFOing Hollywood and you whine about people celebrating it

>anything the critics on RT don't like, i like
Sup Forums is maximum contrarian, why are you surprised

I'm a bright shill and Max Landis pays me personally in cash

need to wordfilter the Sup Forums memes imo

newfags keep acting like this is newer than them.

>Netflix finally releases a movie

retarded consensusfags like you just can't stand that people have differing opinions.

Bright was ok, much better than TLJ. I'm glad audiences are seeing it too and the Disney owned critics are getting exposed to the world

prequel apologists weren't out in such numbers when TFA or RO came out. sure they piled on disney as if it's lightyears worse than lucasfilm as a soulless profit-driven machine, but i havent seen the prequels get blown this hard in years.

>being such a faggot that you believe the recent SW shit is the cause for making Sup Forums shit

SW, Avengers, some forced meme, something always overtakes the board, right now yes it's SW. Next year is gonna be GoT, the Han Solo movie, Avengers and whatever other blockbuster comes out.

generals destroy boards faggot

good thing there are no generals right now, the board is so much better

Where the fuck are these people coming from

Gook moot should honestly just nuke this board

The Kubrick half is good. The rest was shit. Sup Forums is full of plebs

There were threads before, after and during the times those movies came out. stop embarrassing yourself newfag.

tell me about bane

there's a tumblr general that's been going strong for weeks now.

Back then it was
>at least Lucas did something new
now there's lots of threads saying they're actually good movies

too much cunnyposting.
on a daily basis now. wtf.
it was funny the first few times i saw it
but now it's just ridiculous.
out of control.
also the "what do we do about the manchild problem"...whoever is botspamming that is also a fag.

link the thread or get it from the archives

evidence? it was way worse a year or so ago, and probably only because tumblr girls here get all sad when someone uses the nigger word

this wtf i cant believe i'm still getting manchild-shamed on the edge of 2017, i mean come on!

This guy needs Hoverboard Girl immediately.

cunnyposting is a bot and waifu threads which are not that many is one of the last few things in this board that haven't changed and they're much tamer now

i just refreshed and look what shows up.
like clockwork.

This is actually a post made by the OP. Who then screenshotted it. To use to make this thread.

Don't respond to bait. This is double dip bait, was bait in the Bright thread, is still bait in this thread.

Hello -

it's ok newfag. some people always liked them. you'll get used to different opinions at some point.

>also the "what do we do about the manchild problem"...whoever is botspamming that is also a fag.
those threads will be always welcomed until the Sup Forums cancer goes home
enough is enough

how aawful!!!!!!!!!!

What I don't understand is that there are people unironically defending Perfect Blue's cartoon gimmick.

Their other site was shut down apparently, so a lot of them came back.

I'd still rather have them than capeshit watching soyboys and /who/ mouthbreathers

everyone who uses the term "normie" is a newfag/ reddit/ tumblr/ facebook tourist or a faggot sympathiser

>phoneposters

That's how it starts. The fever the rage.
Soon you will be start replying to these threads ironically.

>too much cunnyposting.
>on a daily basis now. wtf.
>it was funny the first few times i saw it
>but now it's just ridiculous.
>out of control.
you must be wet behind the ears faggot, that shit has been going on forever.

Hello newfag

They're still alive

No I meant the "other" site

implying reddit didn't water it down when they moved in. Even the biggest normalfags at work use the term now.

the onion one?

/waifuist/ board on 8ch is nearly dead, same with /cel/. Waifu threads aren't even a big deal anymore I don't know why some anons get riled up over them.

Fuck. Is the reylo general really gone? I'm glad but how did that happen?

No I'm not implying that. I'm pointing out that claiming this term is a newfag thing is only be done by newfags

the time for girls one

Oh I didn't know

This. This place has been rapidly going down the drain the last couple of years.

>implying every single reply in this thread isn't OP with different ips including me

>mobie is good because it's entertaining

this isn't me!!!!!!

>last couple of years.
I wonder when you started coming here

Back when this place was Lostfags, waifufags, footfags, cunnyfags, and a shitload of tripfags. Somehow, that shitheap was preferable to the one we have now.

>phoneposters

I've been coming to Sup Forums since 2010, it was never the best place for film discussion, admittedly (though it was a lot of fun for LOST threads and tripfag drama back when the board was extremely slow, and even weird memes for awhile). However, I literally haven't had a good film discussion in YEARS. We used to have European arthouse theads, you could talk about real directors, Avatar and other blockbusters were universally despised.

I guess I come here out of habit, I haven't enjoyed it longer than I ever did enjoy it.
Sup Forums will never again have all night Tree of Life discussion threads and shit like that. It's just too fast, other parts of the internet have creeped in, the culture is totally different.

>Avatar and other blockbusters were universally despised.
Sup newfag

>Somehow
At least we had some actual television/movie discussion, few spammed memes and not the faggottry of today, way slower board, anons actually attempting to be funny, and the waifu threads were pretty comfy. Bane was the first big changer.

I always hated waifu threads, but at least waifu threads could be ignored in favor of threads with actual movie and tv discussion. Shows like Battlestar Galactica, movies like District 9, and even Euro cinema got actual discussions back then.

Now it's a bunch of screeching about politics and people using whatever dumb buzzword of the week is to describe stuff they don't like.

>some Russian ironically lives it and spams the threads
>other ironic autists follow suit
wow

Seriously? Avatar was HATED, that's why abatap was such an effective troll. Honestly the first blockbuster I remember getting real pull here was Inception because Sup Forums was still jerking Nolan's dick at the time.

Getting rid of stuff like waifu threads had the effect of making Sup Forums more accessible to the people who occupy it now. Tripfags, waifu threads, even the fucking pedos were all crucial in making Sup Forums to gross and weird to the average person. I used to get mad as fuck at tripfags but now I see how important they were to board culture.