They're saving the reveal for the third movie

She's a Kenobi

Nope. She's not related to any character we have seen before. She's part of the next generation of Force users. The cycle starts all over again.

You're dumb. TFA and TLJ are trying so hard to subvert the OT expectation. Like when they casually dropped the fact that Kylo Ren is Han's kid, or that Rey doesn't have any special parentage.

I doubt that's what Rian wanted but honestly JJ Abrams has no choice. The "twist" answer Johnson gave was so unsatisfying that JJ will go with the safe option of Rey being Obi-Wan's granddaughter. They're desperate for fan approval this time around.

They might say that one of Rey's parents was a jedi too, was training her and wiped her memory "to protect her." Again, a lazy answer for a problem that shouldn't have existed, but it's at least better than her magically being a great Jedi with no training at all.

Episode IX is going to be a very defensive and "safe" movie. Fans will say it's boring like they did with The Force Awakens but Disney would rather have that reaction than "you ruined Star Wars."

>let the past die

Wtf do you think this means. It's a reboot and nothing prior to it exists

Would that really improve anything? If anything it would just shit on Obi Wan indirectly for in all likelihood turning him into a really bad parent considering what little we know about hers

I think it might happen. It would be a good way of breaking off what's left of the romantic tension between her and Kyle.
She didn't know, he just manipulated her based on her biggest fear - of being noone. He lied to her so she would feel she has nobody else to turn to. But she had loving parents and when she finds out she'll be SO PISSED

theres basically 3 possible outcomes:

>rey truly is the daughter of nobody street rats.
This is the least exciting option but aligns with the political views of the people making the movies: heritage does not matter

>rey is kylos lost twin
literally makes no sense but also the most sense when you consider how she is so mentally close to kylo and how their balance of the force is very similar. The films seem to be setting up for this but have closed off this possibility unless leia remembers she actually popped out twins.

>rey comes from noble/force sensitive parents (luke?)
satisfies people who care about the films making sense within the context of the larger SW universe, but would be literally out of left field and the movies have failed to foreshadow this at all.

all options imo are trash, my bet is that theyve been focusing on her lineage so much so that when she finally discovers her parents were nobodies that they can hit the audience with a bluepill bomb that heritage means nothing and you just have to be a stronk woman to take down a galactic empire and a trained sith lord with nothing more than a broken lightsaber, millenium falcon, and like 6 surviving resistance members

She's a yoda

Lies deceptions! Borgullet will know the truth! She’s a kenobi and it will tie into his standalone movie in 2020.

Not daughter, granddaughter. Obi Wan would be long dead before her birth

she's a clone

That's my point. It would mean either Obi Wan raised shitty people who sold their daughter to junk dealers, or abandoned his kid

She's a Windu.

Windu Nothing

Her last name is 'Mixer' it was revealed in the TFA art book.

Ever consider that Obi-Wan's lady friend might not have told him that she was pregnant because she didn't want it to conflict with his commitment to the Jedi Order? Or that they made a mutual agreement that in order to protect the future of the jedi order, Obi-Wan would need to keep an eye on Luke, making a huge sacrifice for the sake of the future?

He most likely gave her away to keep her safe. I doubt he sold her. I don’t think we’ll see slavery making a return to Disney wars.

He would have hid her to keep her safe from Vader.

>Not "All lit candles cast a shadow"

Kira will always be in my heart, not this piece of shit called (((Rey)))

Lol. It's so dumb that I believe it.

Ray C. Mixer

Mace will show up in Episode IX to finish Rey's training and he's even crazier than Luke.

Rey's parents gave up their daughter so the Empire or TLO won't find her

This is such a common trope that I can definitely see it happening

Sounds like a bastard name, but Star Wars names have always sounded weird so it's kind of pointless to look any deeper

Her not being related to anyone important was one of my favourite things about the movie and having it any other way would go against all of its themes. That wasn't even subtext, that was text, the whole movie was a condemnation of hero worship and mythologizing history.

If Abrams turns around on this in the next movie I'm gonna be very dissapointed.

Why the hell does everyone need to be related? These movies have shit loads of problems but making her a Kenobi adds nothing substantial to the plot other than jacking off fans dicks.

It's right there in the titles of the movies.

The Force Awakens
The Last Jedi

The Jedi tradition is over with. The Sith are dead. But the Force is forever. Now it is time for some new religions.

Her lips need some chapstick

Of course he'll turn around on it. Not only did that theme lead nowhere in the movie it runs completely contrary to Star Wars as a concept. That's like making a sequel to a show about baking cakes all about the ravages of diabetes. It's exactly the kind of story that they should reserve for that "A Star Wars Story" bullshit. If they ended it with Rey joining Kylo and calling off the New Order's pursuit or something I might have felt differently, but where the movie left us there's just no merit to that line of thought

>OMG SHE'S A KENOBI
>*holds up toy lightsabers*

Rey Sue Mixer?

>They're saving the reveal
NO YOU FUCKING NIGGER, THEY ARE LITERALLY MAKING THIS SHIT UP AS THEY FUCKING GO

>Now it is time for some new religions

Space Islam?

All you had to do was make Rey one of Luke's previous students alongside Kylo.

That way you have,
>Luke sort of recognizing her the first time he sees her but not being sure
>A connection to Kylo
>A story why her parents moved her to Jakku out of her safety because people were hunting Jedi
>A connection to the knights of ren, as they too would recognize her and tempt her to the First Order because THEY would have been her family
>Gives her latent abilities through the force an explanation given she was Kylo's sparring /meditation partner or something when she was 7, and an awakening of his parallels through her

Yes, it's gonna turn out Star Wars is actually a prequel to Dune.

>the plot of star wars movies will be based entirely on "fan approval"

So this is how Star Wars dies, with thunderous applause.

I'll never understand why they used the trilogy that was suposed to be an ending to the main skywalker saga to push the "fuck the old" meme, while cashing in nostalgia spinoffs, instead of ending the saga propertly, cashing on nostalgia spinoff AND doing a new trilogy after that with a totally new story. It makes the sequel trilogy feel rushed and out of place. The precuels as shit as they were in many aspects, at least made sense.

Disney will either keep ruining Star Wars badly enough that people stop watching or they will try and meet the fans somewhere in the middle until they become complacent. Pick your poison.

It's already dead.

Third post best post. This is EXACTLY what they'll do to avoid the controversy.

It's a corpse dangling on some strings

I've never seen a franchise propped up entirely on fans desperately hoping that someday they'll make a good movie.

Would you rather it be based on the whims of a political feminist who prints fucking t-shirts with The Force is Female on them, motherfucker? What are we losing in this supposed devolution of meaning? Obviously it's not ideal but it's a shitton better than agenda-driven filmmaking to undermine what was once the strongest avenue for fantasy storytelling for a male audience.

Will Star Wars need a version of this soon?

Disney: Let past die
Also Disney: Come see new Star Wars movie about Han Solo

Read the art book. Theres no vision or plan. They had a script that made sense, but JJ put a hole through it and kept the scraps to sell as "his" ideas.

The recent string of DC movies comes to mind

And fuck rich people

She's a Solo. That's the only sensible reason why she has equal strength to Kylo. And don't think that JJ doesn't do this.

In STID, he flat out reused Khan, he's going to use the Solo Twins plot line to fix everything.

>She's a Solo
Impossible. Neither Han or Leia seems to know her. It would be ridiculous for them to try to force that story in the last movie. Same with the Skywalker or Kenobi theory. Too late.

The only explanation that would not feel like a rushed attempt to retcon TLJ is that she's either a Palpatine or a creation of Snoke/Plagueis like Anakin. But that's assuming Disney is not retarded enought to not have actually killed Snoke.

>But that's assuming Disney is not retarded enought to not have actually killed Snoke.
In interviews, Rian has already expressed being open to having Snoke return if the story needs him.

That implies Rey has kids, doesn’t it? No way in hell is a Disney movie in Current Year going to suggest girls should have children.

Is it just me, or does the new trilogy feel very flat? We’re done with the second movie and it feels like the story hasn’t even begun. Nothing has weight outside of the immediate scene, not even Starkiller Base.

That's exactly what they said about Harrison in Into Darkness.

And JJ's advantage here is that normies don't know about Jaina and Jacen. This move will not only return the saga to the Skywalker lineage,(which is a positive because it would mean that Rey is just carrying her uncle's legacy, and after they got ill will from killing off Luke, they should)

She was a good friend

Story is a manifestation of white privilege, shitlord, you'll take your vehicle for affirmative action diversity casting and like it.

shes a pre-op shark

Who the fuck started this meme that force users have to be children of other force users? No where in the entire Star Wars lore is it implied that force ability is passed genetically.

It's a strawman erected by critics of the Prequels.

Every Star Wars movie revolves around the Skywalker family.

>he cares about nu-wars mystery boxes laid by Jar jar Abrams. He's making theories and shit

They don't have to be but if someone's parent(s) are Force sensitive/adept the chances of their offspring being Force sensitive skyrockets. Otherwise yeah, it's a crapshoot.

still one of the better Star War scenes we ever have seen

Palpatines voice alone carries UNLIMITED POWER

Johnson was right, all fan theories are shit.

Does that make her Jesus?

>i really like how this really powerful force user came out of nowhere and is able to use force abilities with no training and absolutely no explanation
You support her being a Mary Sue. Are you a woman?

jedi are too mentally fucked up to have kids, especially old ones like obi wan hiding out in the desert