It's been over two years and I've still not seen a single valid criticism against this film that I can't immediately...

It's been over two years and I've still not seen a single valid criticism against this film that I can't immediately dismiss as coming from a lack of understanding.

Why is that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W3SLLEzkG8c
youtube.com/watch?v=1GLqIh9jOf4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is it called Batman vs Superman, when that's not even the main plot?

The only criticism people can come up with is

>it was directed by snyder so its baaaad

theatrical cut was complete shite. most prob didn't bother with the director's cut.

>Why is that?
You're an idiot.

>Why is it called Batman vs Superman
>vs
Brainlet spotted in the very first reply

>when that's not even the main plot
It is. Over 2 hours of the film is dedicated to Batman disliking Superman and Superman disliking Batman.
I'll defend this movie to the death but I agree that the title is dumb. The subtitle is a much better title. But also "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Death of Superman" would have been better.

>the studio's version is shit so that means the real version is bad too!

Filming this movie as live action is a gimmick only to sell the movie. Comic booka are made to be anime.

>mfw Disney bought media uses pro BvS arguments for The Last Jedi instead
So transparent.

the doomsday thing was stupid. just outta left field and enacted while plan A was still in play. coulda got luther killed too.

shoulda just turned wheelchair guy into metalo after the explosion. woulda fit in better with the kryptonite side plot and wouldn't have wasted doomsday

The title of the film is a v. Not a Vs. This implies a type of trial. This is exactly what happens in the film. Superman is on trial and Batman is "judge jury executioner".

Even the title of the film is a fucking pleb filter.

Superman is an asshole.

This.

It’s not the men themselves at war. It’s their ideology (conservatism v liberalism)

All that *deep shit, mah* would be a nice cherry on top of a good movie. Too bad the movie is just incoherent mess of half-chewn cherries.

That's not "deep shit". That's basic understanding of the premise of the film. Something you couldn't even grasp without us telling you. So tell me, why should anyone give the slightest shit what you think about any film whatsoever?

>patricians enjoy BvS for it’s easy to grasp subtext
>plebs need to make fun of how DEEP the movie is because they’re insecure about not getting child level ideas the first time they watched it

>conservatism v liberalism
And who is supposed to represent what? Sups and Bat are both egocentristic objectivists in this movie.

Lex Luthor is the objectivist in the film actually. Stop trying to play this game.

MoS and BvS is the true duology of raw visual poetry.

>That's not "deep shit"
It is though. It's all symbolism and references. I'm glad that Snyder is capable of incorporating all these levels of subtext, but there is no coherent *text*.

>it's all symbolism and references
The v is not symbolism. It's a basic word in the English language. A simple word that has gone by so many immediately confusing the v for a vs. It was never about the fight.

>Lex Luthor is the objectivist
Does this contradict what I said in any way?
Snyder is a fanboy of Ayn Rand's horseshit graphomania.

Yes it does. Neither Superman or Batman are egocentric objectivists. If there is any character that is, it's Lex.

How about the Martha scene? Why would a dude like Batman just not kill Superman after he realised that the latter had a mom named Martha? Everything he said about him earlier (that he is a potential threat to humanity and that noone can stop him) is still true.
Or the fact that Luthor had a plan so convoluted that it makes even your average genius anime protagonist flush?

t. disneyfag who would rather see Superman do a dance-off or say ''FUN'' one-liners

>Neither Superman or Batman are egocentric objectivists
Why isn't Superman an altruist then?

Batman is heavily emotionally damaged and probably believes he's going insane. He was still going to murder Supes until Lois explained it.
Lex is a super genius and doesn't believe in free will.

See
The fight between Batman and Superman is on a symbolic level within Batman. The cave, the references to previous Batman villains, even the unmasking of Bruce. A return to trauma where a Batman previously blinded by his own "beautiful lies" has to come face to face with what he is killing (his parents' murderer) and what he is becoming (his parents' murderer). The trial ends with Superman objecting with his mother's name. Because he has no other defense for himself than everything he's doing now is for his mother.

It was to humanize Superman in Batman's eyes. Batman never once thought of Superman as anything more than a threat to humanity up until that point, and he hesitates here because of it. Of course it's all due to a crazy coincidence but that aside it works.

Justice League further reflects Batman's changed perspective on Superman, remarking that this was a man who grew up on Earth and made an honest living at some point.

>''FUN''
You must be a very sad person.

because it's shit on canvas

any criticism can be easily dismissed as "lack of understanding" by the pretentious brainlet

Hetries to be as best as he can. Is self-sacrifice for the lives of billions others not the ultimate altruist statement by Superman?

So he's insane and all his actions don't need to make sense. Got it.
It doesn't really make the movie any better though.

>it works
in your opinion

He didn't imply that the directors cut was bad in any way user

>I know, I'll call them brainlets in turn, that will give me the upper hand

>Martha
Oh my god this fucking retardation again. How many times must we go over this?

Batman sees Superman as an alien invader with the potential to destroy the entire planet. When Batman gets the upper hand and is about to kill Superman, Clark uses what could have easily been his last breath to plead for someone else's life, specifically his mother-figure. After Lois affirms that Clark is speaking about his mother, Batman realizes that this "alien invader" actually has a real human life outside of being Superman with people he loves and cares about and his life is actually more "human" than Batman's himself.

im glad im not the only one that noticed, shows you how credible critics are

What other film in recent times have come under this amount of blatant false accusations, deliberate misunderstandings and ridiculous head canon as BvS have? I dare you to find just one film that has. Just one.

>le fun is bad
you DCucks must be a miserable bunch

Did you know that if you actually watch a movie, instead of leaving it on in the background while shitposting on Sup Forums or staring at your phone, you can pick up on some pretty cool stuff that the director puts in there.

Batman sounds pretty dumb. Like retarded. Batman's a giant idiot. Even Lex figures out who Superman is and kidnaps his mom all with ease. Batman's like some dumb little kid. And Superman sucks dick too but it's okay, we only need him to go and fly and punch good, the fact that he can't figure anything out isn't as surprising.

But all his actions DID make sense

>Even Lex figures out who Superman is
What do you mean "Even Lex" are you implying that Lex hasn't been canonically omniscient since the character's inception?

The rhetoric Batman spouts isn't so different from what top US politicians used to spout.

>I know, I'll say they "dont understand" in turn, that will give me the upper hand

That's nice and all but Superman could still kill everyone on the planet. Plus, I like that Batman is fine with WW appearing out of nowhere. Really hammers the point home that Batman is either badly written or clinically insane.
Also, who except maybe edgy teenagers refers to his/her mother by her first name?

>This didn't make any sense: scene
>ok, but here is why it makes sense: argument clearly explaining the scene
>ok but why didn't it make any sense?

BvS threads really are masochist by now. It really does take inhuman amount of patience to stilll bother with the group that still, years after, pretend they are clinically retarded.

>he thinks Martha Kent is Superman's biological mother
I thought it was a meme but man you anti-BvS people really are fucking retarded.

What do you think "Is she with you" line was for? At that point, Batman was no longer even surprised by all the otherworldly shit surrounding Superman.

>this scene is shit because: personal preference
>it's not shit because: personal preference
>im so much le smareter than u durrr

So Superman doesn't consider the people who raised him his parents and has no real emotional attachment to them?

>being too stupid to understand a movie for teenagers is "personal preference"

lol

See what I was saying about people intentionally acting clinically retarded?

You're trolling, surely. No one is this fucking stupid.

How is it in any way normal not to call the people who raised you your parents and instead refer to them by their first names?
The dialogue was badly written, period. And that's just one of the reasons why BvS tanked so hard it took JL and the whole DCEU with it.

kino will always be kino. a pure kino is like The Sun. you can throw as much shit as you want at it, it'll still shine just as bright and burn just as hard

Such as? I don't follow any critics

Because from Batman's point of view he was an alien invader. If Superman said "Batman save my mother!" Batman would reasonable say, "no fuck that shit I'm not going to save a doomsday weapon factory!" and kill the fuck out of him. How stupid are you? I'm genuinely curious. You should be under close examination so we can find out which genetic code to eliminate from the gene pool to prevent more retards like you existing.

It's capeshit

because it's kinography

to make people see it

Exactly. Why the fuck would Superman even say mother to say person who doesn't believe he's even human? Say Martha instead, let him know he's letting an actual person die tonight.

>I'm not the target audience so it's bad!
Disliking something and thinking something is shit are two extremely different things.

>people uniconically fell in "bvs is good" meme so hard that genuinely defending it after years
Who is more pathetic, snydercucks with their 2deep4u or soywars fans with their TLJ damage control?

You can say that about any fucking movie you retard

I think MCUcks take the price really. They got both the Civil War and Ragnarok comics absolutely raped by Feige and they're still sucking his dick.

>In this age of petty Marvels, most comic-book movies merely perpetrate fantasies of power, but Snyder, enacting his personal aesthetic, braves a film that examines those fantasies. He boldly challenges popular culture's current decay.

Well, the thing is - marvel comics is pure reddit garbage by default and there is no value were lost. So MCU made generic quipfest from shit. But DCEU had perfect source to adapt and yet it's generic edgefest.

So, basically Marvel fans got big generic shit from nothing. DC fans got not even big generic shit from golden source.

>Who is more pathetic
people discussing capeshit seriously. So basically everyone on Sup Forums

Oh i get it! this that fourchan "irony" right? Fun!

youtube.com/watch?v=W3SLLEzkG8c

It's the same scream when Clark impales himself on Doomsday. Birth, Adulthood, Death.

>Because he has no other defense for himself than everything he's doing now is for his mother.
dumb

>from nothing
Why do MCUcks care so little about comics all of the sudden?

MCUucks never cared about marvel comics in the first place. They read shit like Deadpool kill marvel universe etc.

DC fans definitely have it pretty bad. But you've got the "why" completely wrong. Because actual kinos like Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman performed so poorly, (((WB))) decided to try make them more like Marvel flicks to try and siphon some of the money they're making. Which is why we ended up with shit like Suicide Squad and Josstice League.

Fucking kikes. Why can't they just accept that DC movies aren't going to make as much money in the short term because they're way less accessible? At least in the long term they'll go down in history as some of the greatest pieces of film. The MCU is already just "villain of the week" crap.

youtube.com/watch?v=1GLqIh9jOf4

Marvelcucks BTFO

>tfw no yify torrent
Guess I'll never know

Why was Jesse Eisenberg's performance so fucking embarrassing to watch? Every line delivery was paced really weirdly and he kept making strange sounds

>At least in the long term they'll go down in history as some of the greatest pieces of film.
Only in minds of memed tv posters. Normies don't even know what DC is, while "geeks" think that EVERY MCU movie is from good to masterpiece (while we all know that most of it pure shit) but they only thinks that DCEU is bad. Masses were memed into thinking that MCU was always good while DC is always bad. People even trying to shit on Nolan, while defending DANCE OFF BRO XD and I'm Groot xD

Dual burials for a man dealing with duality. Superman is buried as Clark Kent. The image of Superman is one that resonates in the mind of people. An image they create. The real Superman is buried alongside his father as a son and husband. Not as a superhero

>>patricians enjoy BvS for it’s easy to grasp subtext
>patricians
>enjoy easy to grasp subtext
Keep telling yourself that. These threads are all "It must be good if themes! I'm a patrician." Nerd culture is truly an embarrassment to the world.

People hated Empire Strikes Back when it first came out. Now it's almost universally agreed as being the best in the saga.

You're trying way too hard now. Give it a rest. Go drink some water. Take a walk. This isn't good for your blood pressure.

>single valid criticism
It would've been better as a full Dark Knight Returns adaption instead of ripping random plot elements from it

>Why the fuck would Superman even say mother to say person who doesn't believe he's even human?
In hope that the man will listen? The Martha scene makes sense because Batman up until that point has just been arrogant and dumb as fuck, eating up what the media is pushing without actually figuring how who Superman is (who would actually think Superman would stop being superman to be a reporter?) and operating on complete bias.
Batman has been planning Superman's murder and finally he's thrown off by his father's last words. Batman has been emotional rather than rational throughout the whole movie, so this fucks him up. Why is this hard for brainlets?

What? It made 500+ millions with 20 millons of budget and it has 8.8 on imdb by million votes. BvS is flop cboth critically and financially.

>In hope that the man will listen?
>was too dumb to make him listen from the begining
>couldn't just fly abovie and yell some shit
>couldn't just immobilize Batman in his heathy armor by heat vision or super streingh
They're both retards. No one wants to see iconic characters acting like retards.

Rise from conformity. Superman's character arc is him being able to take the monumental step away from conformity. He doesn't need to prove to the world he's just like them. The answer has been there all along. Even if the world will reject or hate or deify him, everything he loves is still Earth and therefore he is of Earth. An ascension that marks the beginning of a hero that no longer would consider him beside or above or below others. He is one of them.

>the clinically retarded MCUck is still replying to every post ITT

>Batman was useless, Gotham is sill shithole after 20 years because this Batman is pussy and braindead retards who is afraid of killing Joker and other animals, yet killing mercenaries for containing rock
>Superman is literally cancer to Earth and it would be better and safer without him
>waaaaaaaaaaah why people are not liking great characters turned into malicious manchilds

He based his performance on Max Landis

You’re retarded. ESB came out decades ago you can’t use IMDb to prove it was critically acclaimed upon release for many reasons. BvS may be re-evaluated in thirty years but we won’t know until all that time has actually passed.

That's why I put money first, you mong. It made half of bil with 18 mill budget. BvS made 870 on 250

>93 / 17 / 31
>3 people circlejerking on a shitty movie for children years after its premier

Half the posts ITT is because of a retard that can't grasp simple film. It really does say something about them.

Critics hated The Shining when it first came out but is now considered a classic. I thing it may be the same case in the future for BvS.

good movie. Criticism goes from full blown retarded to idiotic over reaction

what is it about bvs/mos that inspires so much debate nearly 3 years on from the movies release... you cant call dc fags deluded or retarded because they've all but abandoned justice league for the shitshow it was.

What makes bvs/mos so special?

Justice League is proof enough why MoS and BvS are special. They're very sincere and unapologetic. Untainted by the insecurity and self-loathing tainting a certain other films in the genre. This is as as close as superhero films get to being grand and mythic. This is as close superhero films get to being superhero films.