Kojima on The Last Jedi

rollingstone.com/glixel/features/kojima-star-wars-in-the-era-of-disney-w514793

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EXzJjhTiwq0
rollingstone.com/glixel/features/kojima-star-wars-in-the-era-of-disney-w514793
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kojima is a fucking hack

fpbp

>I believe portraying the empire as an organisation of prominently white males is a perfect catalyst for the problematic political environment we are currently living in.

Yeah I'm not going to read any further than this

>if you don't agree with what nerd celebrity x or y says you're a manchild, hater, nu-male, soyboy piece of shit
TLJ is bad, deal with it.

Writing an entire article just to dismiss the silly MGS3 based on SW theory.

Please finish Death Stranding.

The article is alright.

Still buthurt about tokyo raids

The ot empire was whiter, there are black females in starkiller
Kojima is a hack

Kojima is shitting hard on TLJ here, if your read between the lines you see how his masterfully pointing out how they destroyed the Hero's Journey and substituted him with a soulless market-focused scheme.

>reading Kojima between the lines
Doing it wrong.

This sentence isn't even in the article. Ctrl+F, try to find it, not there, user should fuck off and die in a fire

Kojima judges movies purely from a visual and thematic perspective. He doesn't give a shit about your silly plot and character inconsistencies. Didn't read his review, but I bet he liked it. Again, purely from a visual and thematic perspective.

kojima has said that rogue one is the best star wars film

He's working on it alright. Making games that revolutionize the genre ain't easy. Here, have a very nice piece of music.
youtube.com/watch?v=EXzJjhTiwq0

Sasuga. He's 100% correct.

/thread

wtf i hate kojima now?

>The revolutionary age of toppling kings is past. Star "Wars" has entered a new era of festivity, welcome to one and all. The "all flash and no blood" red plumes on the salt planet signify this change of stance. To ensure the stability and prosperity of the kingdom, a festival is held each year as part of a never-ending celebration. This is what it means for Disney, not George Lucas, to helm the Star Wars franchise. In the magic kingdom anyone can become prince or princess, no blood is spilled and there are no revolutions.

>The Last Jedi is just the prologue.

This is like a prophecy of a dysotopian future, even though he means it to be positive. Like a tremendous furor, a never ending cacophany, breads and circuses, sound and fury that signify nothing, substance is evil, success is an illusion oh god i can hear the sucking sound the sucking sound it's all burning

>we are currently living in
He's asian... What the fuck, dude?

it's almost like he didn't say that

>i'm 16 and i've only played MGS5 when my mum bought me a PS4

>kojima enjoys substanceless trash filled with "references"
What a surprise. MGS is fucking awful.

t.MGS2 fanboi

I unironically start to think these people are paid to say shit like this

Kojima is not a clever man.

>prominently white males
Give me a fucking break. Let's see who else is a white male in this movie

>Luke
>Obi One Kenobi
>Quai Con Gin
>Han Solo
Are these all bad too? Or are we selectively choosing which whites we want to talk about?

>H-HITLER WAS WHITE

Yeah so was the guy who invented computers and allowed you to have the career you have. Chink cunt

>”Jedis”

Fucking dropped.

The problem with these quotes is they're usually coerced. The people being interviewed are put on the spot

>So what do you think of evil whitu pigu men in the movie?

Today we learned that nu-user believes everything he reads without ever checking. What a disgrace.

How does he write normally but sound like a stubborn first generation immagrant when he speaks english

Got eem

Fucking Sup Forums mouthbreathers itt. First day on the internet or what.

THIS

The article was originally written in japanese and just translated by someone, most likely.

If he's a hack, why hasn't he made a single bad game?

That quote is made up you imbeciles.

the composer for TPP and Death Stranding is shit. He's incapable of doing anything that doesn't sound derivative of literal hollywood trailer music. I guess that's why Kojima loves him.

I strongly dislike the music in TPP.

He criticizes it almost as much as he praises it desu

>we live in
>we
>implying

He's shitting on it pretty hard, it's also funny how he has a better understanding of movies and where george lucas came from than 99% of Sup Forums

What is
>MGS4
>MGS Peace Walker
>MGSV

What did you expect ? This is Sup Forums where anons constantly play the victims.

All those games are great. Yes, even mgs4. Fuck you.

>praising a movie for its political values
>muh character development
>muh praetorian fight
>no criticism whatsoever about the shitty quips
>muh subversion of force theories and canon
shit review, barely touches on the quality of the movie. He praises the story but forgets that everything that happens is meaningless and not engaging without proper context (that is not given in either TFA or TLJ).
The nu-wars are just forgettable flicks with non inspiring characters. It's going the way of other franchises that had too many sequels (like fast & furious)

What is every game he's ever made?

>All those retards who didn't even read the article
Truly we've become reddit

>clicking the article
kys

Good games, despite being his weakest.

>needing to bait the left and cause controversy to market your shitty no gameplay movie pseudo intellectual trash video game

>triggered redditor too retarded to click the link and crtl + f the quote
It's not in the article

Fuck you user he diddnt even say this, you cuck

That is the most accurate and unbiased review I have seen yet of TLJ to be absolutely honest

Ah, you enjoy eating shit?
Fine, but also fuck you too.

>The film doesn't waste its breath on bold revolutionary or political declarations, but instead sets its gaze upon social problems the audience experiences on a daily basis.

*inhales*

*exhales*

*inhales*

nah he's shitting on it you retards

You must be illiterate, or didnt read the *article* (notice how its written differently from review)
Half the article praises Lucas, theres some acknowledgement of the strengths of TLJ but by the end of the article his disdain for Disneys version of SW is very thinly veiled.

What a fucking virtue signalling hack

Jesus Christ, this thread is proving how PAINFULLY fucking stupid this board is

at least 70% didnt read it and got baited hard by a troll post, and majority that did read it dont understand what he was saying

no wonder you guys are wrong about literally every single film

The reading comprehension on this board is pathetic. Kojima is obviously unhappy with TLJ and its implications for the future of Star Wars. His positive comments about some of Rians decisions are likely only to prevent him being dismissed as another hater without objective criticism.
>This method, akin to the portrayal of TV series characters, eschews plot progression in favor of deeper character development. Significant effort is applied to diving into and increasing the allure of characters from the previous episode: Rey, Finn, Poe, Kylo, as well as a host of new characters. However, failure to follow through with these character developments yields regrettable results.
This is a very scathing criticism, Kojima is saying Rian ignored the plot to focus on character development but failed with that as well, which I fully agree with. I feel like this article describes the same flaws everyone here sees, in an eloquent fashion not possible from a channer.

ahahahahaha holy shit and you guys call reddit stupid.

>V
>bad
Pw and 4 are abortions but v wasn't 100% awful.

>Calling V good but PW bad

Fucking neck yourself. Peace Walker was great

Stay mad fagboy. Pw is trash.

>(it's not a revolution)..However, rather than this being something negative about the film, it is proof that The Last Jedi is indeed the right kind of Star Wars for the 21st century.
>The Last Jedi is a movie that gallantly confronts this challenge. In fact, it is on this point that writer and director Rian Johnson really shines. Faced with the questions of how to build upon the back of an already successful revolution, and just what is the right course of action to take, Johnson chose to portray a modern, 21st century Star Wars story of succession and replacement.
>As far as the story is concerned, little waves are made and there are no space-shattering conflicts. Although, to be fair this may be an inescapable result of being the second act of three parts.
The lack of story is not a problem in his opinion because there is ep IX that will make everything work
>Like Dunkirk, The Last Jedi largely sets aside any questions about the causes of conflict and what effects the outcome may yield.
Ignores the fact that Dunkirk has a clear context that is known to everyone with some WWII knowledge
>there is no mention of the trade federation that initially sparked the war for the Republic or other deeper political machinations.
There is on the Canto subplot, rich people makes money selling weapons and vehicles to both sides
>Princess Leia is no longer a princess, but a general, a position that can be replaced by another.
Carrie Fisher is dead so that's convenient
>The Last Jedi may be the first attempt to free Star Wars from its era of mythology, and propel it into the present.
That's not a good thing and one of the reason OT fans hate the movie

He seems very positive about the new direction of the franchise

kek well played

All had great gameplay, just not good MGS titles.

the last Jedi isn't some amazing revolutionary movie for "our times" whatever the fuck that means.there isnt some great war between good and evil, white supremacist and the fucking liberal pedos.
people who say that probably say that "its time for a female bond or a PoC doc who!
mindless idiots that find fulfilment from virtual signal about something they dont even care about in the first place.
this shit has turned me of star wars, really movies in general
the last good entertaining movie i watched was jumanji enter the jungle

This is actually a very good analysis

All this time I thought metal gear solid man was based. Was I wrong?

>The lack of story is not a problem in his opinion because there is ep IX that will make everything work
And from where do you infer that? He's only remarking that it may be more difficult to advance the plot in the middle part of a trilogy, which is true, but nothing competent filmmakers couldn't overcome.
Notice how for the most of the article he is praising the original movies as revolutionary, as opposed to the new ones being merely evolution - riding their wave. I think youre misinterpreting the purposefully neutral tone of the article as positivity, whereas the true purpose is not to invoke the wrath of mouseketeers. I may be wrong though, maybe he actually liked the movie, which wouldn't be a surprise since Kojima judges movies mostly through aesthetics.

>dude we all hate this guy so let me post him constantly so we can all read the same posts over and over again about how much we hate him
stick to Sup Forums

You probably didnt read the article, or youre illiterate, but Kojimas whole point is that Star Wars movies ceased being revolutionary after Lucas left.

Maybe read the article? Nevermind it's likely you'd miss the point anyways.
But yes, he doesn't explicitly say it but he clearly disliked it.

It's actually an excellent article and analysis. Kohima isn't praising TLJ, he's merely pointing out what it's trying to do and evaluating from a neutral point of view whether it succeeds in this new direction. You can tell from the last paragraphs that he's not very happy about the direction Disney is taking Star Wars, but he's too polite to bring his own feelings into this.

im not saying he is wrong i agree with most of the article
its all the dumb shits that think this movie is some kind of sign of whats happening in real life that piss me off!
a stupid bitch at work said that cause trump is now in president that life as a western women is like handmaidens tale. fuck off!!

>rollingstone.com/glixel/features/kojima-star-wars-in-the-era-of-disney-w514793
so he loved it and you pathetic pepe refugees are angry, hahaha oh no no no

>being illiterate

Pretty much. Kojima spends a lot of time blowing George Lucas for his revolutionary vision for Star Wars, and why the original were special and mythical.
The new Star Wars are no longer revolutionary or mythical but vanilla Disney fairs updated for the current year.

>a writer actually worse than rian johnson trying criticize his work

disney is going to fuck up everything

he share some good insights. like star wars under disney is now a yearly festival , a spectacle to generate a catharsis but no real revolution or any drastic changes. it added a bit of enjoyment to my viewing retrospectively, making the awkward change of guard a bit less of a long fuckup with little value. he's also right on the democratization of the hero and the change it has on culture: linking this to video games where the player is the hero is correct, this is where we are at: democracy is a bit deeper now

you are reading what you want to believe, he has a neutral position the hero theme

Look like liking TLJ and a total lack of reading comprehension go hand in hand.
Who would have thought?

Kudos, that's a quality bait. Half of this retarded board fell for it immediately.

>The film is conscious of gender and minorities in a way that could surely not have been seen in the era of Lucas' Star Wars.

The film doesn't waste its breath on bold revolutionary or political declarations, but instead sets its gaze upon social problems the audience experiences on a daily basis. Women are not princesses waiting to be rescued, but warriors who take up arms in their own fight. This fits the trend of Disney

No wonder i didnt like it. SJWs ruined star wars.

>Kojima is shitting hard on TLJ here, if your read between the lines
Yes he is.

Holy shit this was a fucking great article and a good read how is this even possible. Maybe its because he's not a journalist nor a movie critic so he actual understand something?

This is the best explanation i've read of why Star Wars is now shit:

>In Star Wars, anyone can be the hero. That's what The Last Jedi tells us. It's a new era, starting in a kingdom without a king.
>The revolutionary age of toppling kings is past. Star "Wars" has entered a new era of festivity, welcome to one and all. The "all flash and no blood" red plumes on the salt planet signify this change of stance. To ensure the stability and prosperity of the kingdom, a festival is held each year as part of a never-ending celebration. This is what it means for Disney, not George Lucas, to helm the Star Wars franchise. In the magic kingdom anyone can become prince or princess, no blood is spilled and there are no revolutions.

When everyone can be a hero then heroes are no more. A kingdom without a king has also no knights and no enemies.
Everything is reduced, to use Kojima words,"a festival is held each year as part of a never-ending celebration" or as Sup Forums could say "your annual dose of capeshit quipfest".
Congrats Disney!

All those unironic responses..
yall faggit

rich japanese anti art soyboy doesnt live in "our" world

So this cunt makes computer games? And wants me to take his opinion seriously? Hahahahahah fuck off you cunt

wow.. so deep.. it really makes me..... think

yeah...we've known this for years. i saw it coming the day lucas sold lucasfilm in 2012. the prequels had a lot of flaws, but they were the raw vision of its creator. they felt like star wars. we're now subject to a yearly dose of bland, focus-group-driven mediocrity.

>it is proof that The Last Jedi is indeed the right kind of Star Wars for the 21st century

ABSOLUTELY BASED

Damn, Sup Forums is always so easily baited. Maybe next time, read the article OP posted or at least skim through the thread before falling for basic bait you mouthbreather.

>92335939
kek

I congratulate you for the exceptional bait, its humorous value is little, but the respones reveal great insight into why its so hard to have a sensible conversation here