This movie sucked. It's a cheap carbon copy of Iron Man. Ant Man deserves better than this

This movie sucked. It's a cheap carbon copy of Iron Man. Ant Man deserves better than this.

Stop fucking overrating it.

it was literally the best Marvel movie out of them all

>Stop fucking overrating it.
No.

>carbon copy of Iron Man
Sup Forums says that about any cape movie that ends without a Pyrrhic victory.

I think your opinion is shit.

This movie sucked. It's a cheap carbon copy of Iron Man. Mister Doctor deserves better than this.

Well you're not wrong.

I don't know how you take source material as rich as Doctor Strange and make a generic capeshit movie out of it.

Also they turned Strange's epic magic into shitty fire bending. Fuck that movie.

I agree 100 percent

While I agree it is overrated (by MCU sycophantic shills) I wouldn't say it sucked, I thought it was entertaining if not cliche, lacking a good villain, and too typical of a Marvel movie

I think the relatively stale version of Doctor Strange (save for the open your eye scene, the astral-form fight scene, the fighting forwards through backwards time scene, and Dormammu I've Come To Bargain scene), was them playing it overly safe. I'm hoping the success of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 reminds them that they can go big and crazy with Dr. Strange for his second movie.

>Lists four great scenes that take up at least 30 minutes of the 90 minute run time
>Eh but besides that, they played it safe

Did they not? Those four scenes were the only ones with any amount of creativity. The rest of the movie was stale and bland.

This. and it was nothing like Iron Man except it was a scientist taking over his company.

This was a movie about family, specifically about fathers. Hank was a terrible father to Hope and ruined their relationship, and Cross saw him as a father but was rejected as well. Lang was a fuck up and terrible father but tried so hard, even step dad just wanted to be a good father.

Iron Man but with ants
Iron Man but with magic

Well to be fair just about every MCU movie is a copy of Iron Man with the exception of GOTG

GOTG best franchise 4 reelz

By doing all the safe, generic Hollywood bullshit they ruined what could have been a great movie.

Scott does NOT need a love interest. Cassie should be the most important person in his life.

Scott was also made into a generic joke-spewing male protagonist.

Hank AND Jan should have been alive, and they would have the romance subplot of their relationship failing and then being repaired.

It's a bunch of crap because you know there was some fucking executive going "no, you gotta have him be funny, you gotta have a young pretty love interest, you gotta have some ethnic supporting characters to get that urban market, gotta have a big retarded CGI fight scene at the end".

What I would have done was make Hank turn out to be the surprise villain, with a reveal that whatsisname generic businessman was just some guy doing his job, and Hank had developed multiple personality disorder and was stealing the suit to become Yellowjacket. And at the end it's revealed he was working on Ultron, which leads into the Avengers movie where he would have been a central character who's redeemed.

The MCU is like Guitar Hero when that was the big fad, they just pump out these clones while the iron is hot and they're gonna kill the superhero genre when people get sick of watching the same movie again and again and again.

fuck off Wright, you're movie was going to be shit. Reed is a savior and you should praise him for rescuing Antman from you.

Based Ant-Man

That isn't true, the first wave of MCU flicks all have their own feeling

I generally liked most of the Phase 1 movies because they felt different but now, it feels that they got to play it safe for whatever reason. It also feels that Feige is micromanaging the hell out of the directors and making sure that every dramatic or emotional moment has to be undercut with a joke because you can't get too dark or dramatic for the kids!!

It is true, because nobody dies and the heroes are heroic and charming. That's so cliche and formulaic that I shouldn't even have to explain it.

Fuck off shill

I don't trust Wright with comic adaptations after Scott Pilgrim. His entire pitch for this movie was retarded and was also part of the reason it ended up like it did.

Even with my pitch for the movie above, if I could start from scratch without Wright's script I would have made Hank and Jan the stars without Scott at all.

Hank would be the stuffy one and Jan would be the le ebin quipster, since that's at least sort of in character.

fuck off shill

This movie sucked. It's a cheap carbon copy of Iron Man. Peter Parker deserves better than this.

>a cheap carbon copy of Iron Man
I'll take "what is every MCU movie besides Winter Soldier" for 500 Alex.

What exactly are you trying to prove? Yes, those were just as generic of safe Hollywood trash as Ant-Man was.

Though, at least Strange was somewhat enjoyable if you just want something to watch. Amazing Spider-Man is one of the worst movies I've ever seen in a theater.

>This movie sucked
That's correct.

ANTS

no no, Iron Man didn't have a dautgher or a mentor!

is what casuals would say

whats the matter?

sad Wright didnt get to direct?

I thought it was alright.

But would have been a lot better if Edgar Wright directed it as intended

This movie sucked. It's a cheap carbon copy of Iron Man. Cat Kevin Spacey deserves better than this.

Man, I've been saying this for two years now.

The only reason Sup Forums loves this movie is because Age of Ultron was that fucking bad.

>no microverse
>no Luis monologues
>better
No.

Here's the thing user, we can't compare a movie that we got with what doesn't exist

A script is only the guideline to the narrative. Wright is an incredibly visual director with tons of things in his movies that would sound dumb on paper. So, who knows. Its not like Antman was some masterpiece or that Reed is some genius director.

>Reed is some genius director.
He's not but he was perfect for Ant Man. He..ahem Righted the ship and brought his clear and small scope to the movie that he does well. Is he artistic like Wright? No. But his skill is in clear and concise story telling.

lol, Antman is the single biggest example of fucking up "show don't tell" of any comic book movie in recent memory

Cross is crazy cause we're told he's crazy. Scott is a good guy cause we're told he gave all that money back to conned customers. Hope and Hank don't get along because we're told she didn't trust Hank's story about Janet.

Antman was a solid movie, but the narrative had a lot of issues.

>Cross is crazy cause we're told he's crazy.
What about the gratuitous murdering and manic cackling?

> waiting for the day the beard buddies unite!

the only problem I have with this. Is too much martial arts.

I actually agree.
This movie is bland. Literally everything in it is bland.
The character development happens on a VERY basic level. They're all pretty much soulless archetypes. The only archetype who got something interesting was Pym, and even then it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel this movie.
I can barely remember any of the jokes, really.
>This was a movie about family, specifically about fathers. Hank was a terrible father to Hope and ruined their relationship, and Cross saw him as a father but was rejected as well. Lang was a fuck up and terrible father but tried so hard, even step dad just wanted to be a good father.
Movie barely focuses on this, and that's the problem. There's like, one scene where Lang sees his daughter, and there's one line of dialogue about Cross seeing Pym as a father and not being a moustache-twirling bad guy. Everything about Hank and Hope falls flat because Hope, once again, is a soulless archetype and every single line she ever speaks is a cliche that's been spoken many times before in similar movies. To truly appreciate all that you've written here, one has to stretch and blow everything out of proportion because the movie doesn't really focus on that.

What's it like to literally hate fun user?

Both GotG movies were fun, Ant-Man was dull

>Cross is crazy cause we're told he's crazy.
Shown clearly through the entire movie
> Scott is a good guy cause we're told he gave all that money back to conned customers.
Him not wanting to go back to crime and be a father. Shown

>Hope and Hank don't get along because we're told she didn't trust Hank's story about Janet.
Acted very well. Every scene with Hope and Hank have them leaning away from each other. These shots are clearly from the director cause of the excelent framing.

You are just an idiot

kill yourself

Nah, too much product placement, and the humor feels a bit lacking in some parts. The ending is pretty much a Deus Ex Machina too.

It's about a 6/10, better than the Iron Man sequels, but not nearly as good as the GOTG movies, Avengers 1 or Civil War.

i kinda wanted michael douglas to be the actual ant man in the movie

would've made civil war more interesting

Shit taste

>Ant Man deserves better than this.

No

Dude, you brought it up