Why there are people that wanted mantis to look like her comic counterpart...

Why there are people that wanted mantis to look like her comic counterpart? She looks like a fucking namekian ready to give you your daily dose

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/853397470751072256
twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/807343050812837888
twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/754059284204298241
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can take a daily dose of her everyday, for at least a decade, later, I'm not sure my heart can endure it.

At least baby groot doesn't look liek this

>Why there are people that wanted mantis to look like her comic counterpart?
Mantis actually is vietnamese, she turned green later on.

>Why there are people that wanted mantis to look like her comic counterpart?
She does though

I fucking wish he did. I loved arrogant douchebag Giffen Groot.

Pretty much every charadesign from this shit is atrocious anyway.

I like autistic Mantis but I feel her old personality would fit better

Does MCU baby groot has the same memories as the original groot?

Not really, only the skin is the same.

Gunn doesn't like green skin, it's why only Gamora has it, why his Drax is grey, why Mantis has light skin and why he didn't mind having two blue people or various people with bright pink or golden skin.

>Drax
>grey

He looks green to me, are you color blind?

I don't know if color blind, but he's retarded regardless.
Mantis looks just like the picture the other user posted.

Green aliens are overdone. Hell, the color green was used way too often in early comic books, so I see no problem with adding some color variety.

He looks green there because of the lighting but he's gray

twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/853397470751072256

He also said Gamora's skin messed with the green screen so he rather not have that problem on multiple actors.

Yes Gunn gave Mantis the same skin she had when she was a character in Avengers instead of the skin color she had when she appeared in GotG because he doesn't like green skin and prefers any other skin color to it.

twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/807343050812837888

twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/754059284204298241

As for Drax being gray see

Yeah because she totally has big bug eyes and antenna protruding from her forehead in here She only shares a skin color with that look.

>big bug eyes
Her eyes are closed
>antenna protruding from her forehead
Are you blind?

>Yeah because she totally has big bug eyes
Her eyes still look Asian just like that Mantis.

>and antenna protruding from her forehead in here
Yes, the hair is covering it in that pic.

>Are you blind?
The guy is just retarded.

Do you not understand sarcasm? That said MCU Mantis is only similar to Englehart's Mantis in that they share a skin color.

Englehart's Mantis is not even an alien, hell her antenna was just something her hair did and not actual antennae until she became green from the Cotati/Celestial Madonna stuff. She's not even a fucking alien in the comics

If you think these two look simiolar in any way besides skin color then you're retarded.

>posts a pic that proves his shitty claims are wrong
Good job, bud.

>eyes
>antennae
>white skin
>black hair
And her being an alien or not doesn't impact her physical appearance so bringing it up is retarded just like you.

>so bringing it up is retarded just like you.
kek

>Avengers mantis
>black hair antenna not real antenna
>looks like a random generic Asian green eyed lady

>MCU Mantis has actual antenna coming out from her forehead
>has creepy black sclera eyes
>totally different look

Yep you're stupid.

This is just damage control now. You're just embarrassing yourself.
You proved yourself wrong with this pic already.

It's over, you lost.

She looks the same desu.

>No argument
>abloobloobloo you lost

There's no need to argue when you're already proven wrong and multiple people are calling you out on your bullshit, but go ahead and keep greentexting maybe that will make your shitty claims come true.

tfw your obscure comic waifu gets a spot in a new team book, and that book becomes a surprise hit, meaning that you finally get some decent fan art. then you get sarah pichelli, queen of QT grills, draw art of her a few years later. and then you get her in a blockbuster movie that portrays her pretty well and is played by an absolute QT. feels so fucking good man. I'm living in the best timeline.

More like you're samefagging the timestamps are obvious.

Whatever makes you sleep at night, bud.

Can't even disprove it

But whatever, I guess all drawn Asian people look like MCU Mantis to you, lol.

Final MCU design looks more like a slug girl than an actual Mantis, the Concept art had her looking more Mantis like.

If Gunn wanted to avoid green skin he should have gone for an Orchid Mantis skin color or at least one that was interesting than light flesh skin tone, Mantises have different and interesting color variations.

No need too.

>asian looking
>white skin
>antennae
Literally MCU Mantis. Thanks for proving my point again.

>green
kek

That concept art was DoA. The face tatoos make her look like Drax.

>She's asian and has light skin >it's mantis
Ok then

>antennae
Two strands of black hair that looked like antennae that she had sometimes, oh wow so alike.

I don't care about the face tattoos as much but she evoked more of a Mantis feel in that concept art at least to me.

Also Mantis have other colors than green.

Final product looks like a slug girl more than a Mantis.

Also barefoot fags BTFOed I guess.

@92347333
see You're just butthurt after being proven wrong twice. I'm not humoring you anymore.

>Also Mantis have other colors than green.
And they also bite off the head of her mates, but Mantis is just a name not a humanoid mantis.

I like they went with the white skin, it makes her look like the version in Englehart's Avengers and above all it's cute.

>No arguments
Ok bye, stay buttmad

I'm not saying she has to be a literal Mantis but he could have been more creative or at least give a reason why she's called Mantis design wise.

And what makes her Mantis? Aside from being a character named after the comic character.

Comic Mantis had that name because she did kung fu and would do the Preying Mantis stance, her dress shoulder sleeves (or whatever you call it) was also designed to mimic raptorial legs, there were Mantis elements to her.

MCU is just the antennae and she looks more like a slug.

Mantis is an alien and just like Rocket there's no need to justify their names or to make parallels to existing things named like that.

Gunn's approach to these characters is making them physically similar to their comic counterparts (bar Quill) while reinventing their backstories and personalities.

Comics Mantis isn't an alien
Comics Drax isn't an alien
Comics Ayesha isn't an alien or the creator of Adam.
Comics Original GotG team aren't space pirates or from even the same time period as the other GotG