ITT: Cartoons that you thought were good...

ITT: Cartoons that you thought were good, but that you realized they're actually horrible after you tried to remember what was good about them.

I think I just liked the visuals and the concept more than the show itself.

So many episodes left me being pissed off

I remember loving the shit out of Foster's. I loved the visuals and premise too, and the pilot was very damn good. And I'm sure I watched every episode till the end. But now that I've removed my nostalgia googles, damn, it sure was a very frustrating cartoon in a lot of ways.

in a way it reflected real kids homes

Grabbity Balls

Pic unrelated.

The cast managed to go from cool and developed to horribly flanderized and deformed in record time: 1 episode after the premiere movie.

Why?

aside from what said i'm going to quote from another thread:

>The plot of Fosters HINGES on Bloo being likeable enough that not only is mac compelled to visit him every day but that the SECOND Mac doesn't pick him up someone will be so immediately endeared to him that they'll adopt him immediately.

Yeah I agree OP, the only thing I remember actually liking was the pilot episode/movie or whatever, the actual show was just obnoxious

The fact that anyone in this universe can make anything at any given moment is kind of terrifying, when you think about it.

Why did I like this show

from what little i do remember of the show Wilt and frankie were good
I think coco was really annoying and ed was more or less a one trick pony

Yeah, as soon as one kid wishes for something like Ideon or Khorne as a friend, shits fucked bro

Never watched it, but I heard it was good.

do you think there was a SVU for imaginary friends?

>be army
>slowly create a character that would function as the ultimate solider for several cartoons
>have these aired at most times of day for kids so they could eventually create that character
>recruit ultimate solider to army
>????
>win every war

>anons who realized cartoons are meant for kids: the thread

I'm now incredibly depressed because it just hit me that if I was only born in the Fosters universe I could have my waifu for real, more or less.

Creating an imaginary friend doesn't seem anywhere near that easy though. If it were, horror writers and directors alone would have flooded the world with their creations.

Idk, I never found that show special in any way but I wouldn't call it "horrible"

It was just another decent kids show, it didn't have a greater story or anything it was just what it was, and what it was was serviceable

Even as a kid I knew Fosters was low tier. It wasn't BAD, but I never got the constant praise when it's right there with squirrel boy and Gym Partner is a Monkey.

I thought robotboy was a good show as a kid, rewatched it recently, and it's mediocre as fuck.

I do remember some episodes being frustrating for me when I was a kid. Especially the Bendy and the Europe ones. But I still liked the show, I don't know why.

You heard wrong. That show was speciesist against cats.

I never liked it, even when I was young.

It's just so grimy and meanspirited.

Some cartoons are better when you rewatch them as an adult though.

I tried rewatching Mega Man NT Warrior and Transformers Armada and could not do it

It's really not. Every single character was an asshole, almost always towards Cat, then whenever you would feel bad for him, Cat turned out to be the worst of them all. And the episodes weren't even that good

This, Foster's, and every cartoon with the refurbished artstyle is the worst shit. Those pieces of garbage should of never been made.

I see a lot of people on here say this about Foster's, I can understand some episodes being a bit anger inducing but the show had lots of great ones.

nah i always hated that show.

why i watched it, I dunno.

Yeah, the first three seasons were mostly good. It should have ended sooner.

It helps that it had a cute /ss/ couple in Frankie and Mac. I've seen idiots try to justify Gym Partner with a less cute shota and a goddam giraffe. And Catdog flat out sucked.