Webm Thread

Post what you have

Shunting must be another new tactic that nobody thought of before this instance where it was used otherwise there would be extensive countermeasures to stop it happening.

at least this was a fully crippled ship

>why don't we just take the destroyer and push it somewhere else

The full crippling of capital ships by ONE ion cannon blast would surely have changed combat doctrine to favor much smaller ships if not some countermeasure.

If there was enough kinetic energy to cut through each other like butter, why didn't the small ship have enough kinetic energy to burrow through instead of simply push it?

uhhh its space, brainlet

It was struck by at least five Ion strikes by the fighters.

In all seriousness, it depends on how it is framed, it is why a tugboat can push a ship, but hell happens when it strikes another ship or a dock.

>In all seriousness, it depends on how it is framed, it is why a tugboat can push a ship, but hell happens when it strikes another ship or a dock.
Does one ship chop clean through the other ship, or does the other ship just kinda get pushed around and dented up?

>just turn this aircraft carrier with your rowboat to smash it into something

Stop posting this, it's only ever posted this to get a reaction from autistics

Why didn't they just use counter thrusters?

A big ship like that has no need for thrusters that don't just push it forward, dummy.

It was crippled

Depends on the physics of the collision, if the energy of the collision is at a point, it will generally cut unless that area is reinforced to distribute the energy, if it has a wide area, it will push around.

It keeps the webm thread bumped

In the previous scene the ship being pushed was crippled.

They're pushing on a major structural element, not the superstructure.

>guaranteed replies.webm

This only worked here because the battle was taking place for the (relatively) small entry point of the shield.

If this were a regular space battle, the ships would have been spaced farther apart

You betcha

>Sienna Guillory loved one of my tweets from my troll account

Did they?....

I only really started to like him as a actor when I saw Man from Uncle

If I was him, I would fuck my daughter non-stop.

> In space everything is light as a feather
you still have too push against its mass to change its path.

>Ship able to reach high levels of lightspeed
>can't push a heavy ship

okay

How....how old is she?

seriously though, why does it pivot? Also why is there no additional resistance when it collides with the 2nd star destroyer. Im a high school drop out, so maybe I missed this day in star fleet academy class.

this movie is so great

They're pushing on the main structural element of the entire ship. The superstructure is basically bolted onto it so the force from their engines is enough to rip it off; think of it like the iceberg tearing open a hole in the Titanic.

>swn walk around your house in skimpy nightdresses
>swn invite her friends around to play in the pool in their bikinis.

Life must be both a blessing and a curse for the poor guy.

:3

Iceberg hitting titanic is different though. It did indeed slow the ship and provide resistance.

what his daughters name?

Moment about mass centre

Why are you trying to make me feel

that is a great shot even if it 90+ years old.

Yas!

Amazing shot. It looks so narrow, but everytime the cam passes a couple, it opens up big time only to close again. Wow.

It's even better because it's so old, nowadays you could pull off a similar shot much easier. It's a shame camera work is almost a lost art.

when you forget that kino was made before the hays code

these days instead of planning for the shot and doing it, they would spend a 10 times the amount to do it in CGI.

>WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST PUSH ANOTHER DEATH STAR INTO THE DEATH STAR??? STAR WARS IS RUINED NOW.

The ship being pushed was disabled/EMP-bombed.
The other ship saw it too late.
The real question is why are those destroyers way too close to each other.

Why don't they just push the planets out of the way?

>those destroyers way too close to each other.
That was due to them blocking a small gap in the planetary shield system.

Kino

yes, but also how come EMP's work in a universe with almost instant interstellar travel while you can't down a fighter plane with one even with our primitive technologies compared to theirs.

Because they're fighting over the shield opening on Scarif.

Such a retarded scene, the impact would have killed everyone on the corvette

>Such a retarded scene, the impact would have killed everyone on the corvette
They did die user.

>Thought that was the "they are hsooting at us"
>Its waifu post instead
I am okay with that.

That's ok then

Also nice prime Cuthbert

Aye on the cuthbert.

I have a stack of her

>I have a stack of her
Yes please.

That it for now..

What's this from?

random saved webm
hope its work-safe

2nd random

cute

CUTE!

another random

man joseph gordon-levitt has not aged well

>>Ship able to reach high levels of lightspeed
>>can't push a heavy ship
That is correct.

What movie?

It all depends on the DeltaV and the force the smaller ship can do. There is nothing that says a small ship with powerful engines can't push a heavy object.

Its how barges work.

Gone girl

gone girl

Shes literally perfect in every frame

>A speck of dust at a high enough speed can move a planet
At a point it's impossible because it can't displace the energy into the object at a rate fast enough to stop it just cutting through the object.

>Its how barges work.
On the ocean and aided by buoyancy but not in outer space where mass is far more significant.

The Corvette could push the Star Destroyer but not at the rate of speed shown in the film. And the resulting damage between the two Star Destroyers is pants-on-head retarded.

this needs sound t b h

i liked this movie more than I'd like to admit

The bridge was hit by an X Wing and the shields were down. It's the only reason it works.