Star Trek

Is this a true statement?

no, but hes the biggest name that is trying

Based Tarantella will transform this snorefest formulaic garbage into Reservoir Dogs in space, mark my words.

It even has been done succesfully before.

No, he's really not the only hope, but I think he will work wonders for it. He could actually shape the future of the franchise depending on how he performs.

Speak Klingon motherfucker!

I can't see this being real, or if it is, working at all

>Samuel L. Jackson will be in Star Trek and Star Wars
Could he be some cosmic entity secretly controlling events in both universes?

Klinga please.

>>samuel L. Jackson will be in star wars

I disagree.

Seth MacFarlane

I think brad bird would make a good Star Trek, paramount got Nicholas Meyers for STD so why not tap him for a new movie. And ironically Rian could make a decent Trek maybr

Big if true.

I would actually love to see Brad Bird make a Star Trek, but I think he's too tied down to Disney for that.

I shit on your video games.

Would Nolan or Villeneuve make good Star Treks?

>you know what they call a burrito on Bajor? Hasperat with cheese

I know right? I want to see him do Star Trek or Fantastic four, I think his sensibilities would work well in either if those franchises.

But with Trek I could see John woo or whoever did moon or arrival. Hell Ben Stiller has been a fan of Trek for years I'd like to at least see a treatment by him. Tarantino could do a great job on it and most importantly he talked about episodes that could work as features so while I worry about how his style would translate to the series he at least could pull a good story

>Tarantino directs next movie
>There's and alien that is just a ball of feet and legs with eyes

Nolan I'm not sure he likes his over arching themes so that could translate to the franchise well

Also he did direct a mission impossible so it's not like he has an exclusivity contract with disney or anything

Nolan would make a fantastic Trek with all the right beats to be a classic. Memorable story and characters, decent action (kinda hit or miss with him but sci-fi makes it easier).

If Villeneuve made a Star Trek movie like he made Blade Runner, I think the pure beauty of it could catapult it to being one of the best. Extra points if it's got holograms, loud vrooms, and brooding Ryan Gosling

Ryan as captain, Ford as some old disillusioned Klingon. We need some fresh goddamn Trek, I am sick of prequels.

Yes. Star Trek Beyond was great, but Justin Lin and Simon Pegg aren't big enough names to make the franchise relevant again.

>think brad bird would make a good Star Trek
Fuck. It would be so fucking good.

It's positively maddening that Beyond did not get better reception.

>Would Nolan or Villeneuve make good Star Treks?
fuck no

David Lynch could probably make a great Star Trek movie though, as long as he stayed true to the characters.

Lynch would make the best holodeck episodes.

She and Marcus had better return in the Tarantino one.

I love Lynch as much as the next guy but really, a Star Trek film?

It's brilliant and felt the most like Star Trek, like a longer TOS episode with more action.
But the promotion was terrible and everybody was turned off after Into Darkness.

Gtfo.

I even liked mass effect 1 and 2 but they are vanilla as they come. They dont even give you evil choices.

Fallout 1 and 2 are the only proper R rated videogame sci-fiction.

What if she made you her pusy slave haha?

Yes, I legitimately think Lynch would be a perfect fit and would make a very captivating Star Trek film.
He seems to prefer the supernatural to science fiction but the supernatural visuals and ideas present in Twin Peaks season three are pretty similar to the science fiction of the original series.

Like the conscious gaseous cloud that killed the original crew Kirk was a part of or the Jack the Ripper entity that tried to frame Scotty.

I wonder if it could've cracked a billion if paramount fucking released it on the 50th anniversary rather than just in the middle of the summer

Hasperat looked tasty

This. Masshit Effect is for children.

...Borg?

If we sever the hive mind link, would you die?

I think he can do. A good job

No. Just like everything the media says, sensationalist pointless bullshit. Stop reading mainstream media articles you fucking pathetic peasants.

It would have done a lot better if Into Darkness wasn't hot fucking garbage. Watch for Star Wars episode IX to do even worse than TLJ.

You dint think he will do it?

Will they use the same shitty cast?

I the movies didd well. Intodarkness was action packed and had a fresh new twist

Is the klingon girl in voyager half klingon? She has less ridges then normal

fpbp
Tons of directors would be better suited to direct a Star Trek movie.

Name 1. Also, what about spielberg. He is good and avaible i think

He's been in nearly every Tarantino flick, barring Dogs, Kill Bill 1, and Deathproof.
One way or another his chances of being in Star Trek are monumentally high.

He swears and is a bit of a bully. I dont think he has a place in trek. My opinion

Also, what abaut jessica alba? She looks a little like seven of nine. She could be in the film?

He was as stoic as it got in the Star Wars prequels, and to be fair Tarantino also swears and is a bit of a bully.
He's already expressed his full intention to make it an R rated movie, as well.

Spielberg hasn't had a good track record lately, though. Even his better recent movies don't hold a candle to the stuff he used to be making.

>Tarentino
>directing anything

Hard pass.

Im afrai d trek will loose some of its charm with cussing and sex

He can be old Sisko. Actually fuck that I'd rather have Avery Brooks back for that.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPT

Avery is a problem cus of the drugs. Also, why not patric stewart?

Oh, obviously. Tarantino is a terrible fucking choice for this reason. It's like getting Michael Bay to direct Sherlock Holmes.
Or like getting Christopher Lloyd to play Kruge.
Tarantino's just not in his area here.

Avery Brooks literally has not done anything in years. DS9 was literally his career and one of the last things he ever did. He's also probably clinically insane. It's sad too, because he was one of my favorite Trek captains and characters.

Or tom hanks to play robin hood, haha!

>Avery is a problem cus of the drugs

>actor is a problem because of drugs

Mate as long as he didn't rape anybody we're fine.

This is a fair point.

Still isnt trek a family movie and television show?

What about a miniseries where we have tng crew an d quark?

Can Tarantuala make a Star Trek movie that is simultaneously edgy and hopeful of the future and inspiring at the same time?

>curing the genophage
>not evil
really user?

I'd prefer Tom Hanks over Kevin Costner.

Don't engage the spammer

I want Tom to play commodore decker and just have a doomsday machine movie

will he go full black picard?

Why is americs the base of star fleet? Sholdnt it be nerutral?

Will it have the same crew as the past three movies or will they branch off into a full cinematic universe with the Tarantino film being a spinoff?

Because Gene Roddenberry was American and it only makes sense that he'd write what he knew: American culture.

It does tackle darker themes than some dude saying fuck every now and then though. Fucking replace the swearing with some Shakespearean banter and we'd still be keeping in line with old trek.

ypuh it shuld be in erf's neutral zone

Ok but what about geordy? He still looks young and could be in movies?

Throw him the fuck in, we can have more than one black guy, this ain't the Walking Dead.

It is neutral. America got tired of the world's shit and annexed everyone in the mid 21st century

Starfleet is headquartered in San Francisco but the capital of the Federation is in Paris. I'm sure there's lots of other important cities on Earth. The real question, though, is why it's so human-centric. Vulcans and Andorians among others should be much more prominent and influential than they're shown.

That can be pretty easily answered. Earth is a historically human territory. Andorians capitals would be in Andor, wouldn't they?

I really loved her. I was pleased to see that she at least showed up in a ST comic later on, she deserves to not be forgotten.

sure, but all the Enterprises (from TOS onward), Voyager, all the stations including DS9 and so on - they're all Federation owned, not Earth owned. How comes there's not a single Andorian or Tellarite on any of them, if they're one of the four founder races?

Hehe! Big screen will be good for deanna troi

Makeup budget

Will anything ever top the kino that is The Final Frontier?

What about admiral chrusher beverly not will

I'm fairly certain it's because the writers forgot, though enterprise showed a solidly justifiable reason the capital of the federation is on earth. It was a human idea and humans had the best direct relations with the vulcans andorians and telerites so it was probably the only way to get them all to agree. I'm sure if I worked for earth security I wouldn't want to be the center of this new government

because it's a show created by humans and meant for human consumption. most of the "good guys" faction shown on-screen is going to be humans. also, humans already look like humans, they require minimal makeup compared to aliums

I liked it too

I really don't believe Andorians are that hard/expensive to make. Tellarite are another thing, but so are, say, Naussicans or Jem'Hadar.

The president ia an alien in voyager tho

but they didnt speak up

They had better things to do.

Also, sisco is agood captain but picard is better because of he takes moral stans better. He believes wht hesays

Andorians and Tellarites look dumb

yeah, sure to both of those
Still there always was some Vulcan around.
Picards Enterprise was a flagship of the Federation, wouldn't every major race want a representation there? We haven't seen a single Andorian fighting in the Dominion war either.
so was he in DS9, but not one of the established races but some original donutsteal. Also kill yourself.

Is that a tellerite? He looks funny!