BE
HAPPENING!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
nme.com/blogs/the-movies-blog/star-wars-plot-holes-1921277
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

NOOOO IT WAS OUR TURN

Do you feel in charge here?

WE NEED TO STOP THIS! KETS WRITE MORE USER REVIEWS!

What the fuck Sup Forums you told me it's a flop

TV BTFO once again.

>less than half the domestic of the last movie

>won't even make $1.5b

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I thought it was supposed to make two billion? It's meekly whimpering to almost a billion.. and making less and less each and every day.

The real kicker will be when Solo and IX both flop as a result of this movie killing interest in the franchise

>Star Wars movie
>out for 2+ weeks
>barley making it over 1 billion dollars
>last movie was already climbing the the 1.2 billion in the same time

>Won't even surpass the GDP of China
Nice flop Disney

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

>we want the alt-right audience
fucking good riddance
if it takes a few years for the market to stabilize all the better
you shits lost, get over it

It needs at least $6 billion to break even

what did you expect
this is the height of faux-geek culture

Sup Forums right now

yeah thats a fucking GIGANTIC failure you do realise that right ?

age of ultron made 1.5 billion and disney had a huge shake up and wouldnt let wheedon touch another one, what do you thinks going to happen with this ? it will struggle to even get to 1.3 at this rate

>literally no hype left
>all fanboys hate it
>shocking word of mouth everyone thinks its shit
>about 10 new films just came into theatres with more coming in January

it's dead jim

>ME LIEK STAH WAHS ID MAED LODZ UB MONIE

Remember when Sup Forums was raging and saying this film wouldn’t break $700 Million?

Good times.

go to bed George.

Begun, the age of Soyboys has.

Why is this unimportant side-character in all SW articles?

it was 1.2 billion stop rewriting history

SALT

my dad works at disney and said someone walked in on bob iger with a gun in his mouth and had to physically restrain him until the ambulance arrived

WHAT!
STAR WARS WAS SUPPOSE TO FLOP
LUKE WAS ASSASSINATED
THIS CANT BE HAPPENING
NOOOOOOO

Right in your face Sup Forums.

The GDP of China is 9000 billion...

Star Wars is basically the nerd equivalent of the Super Bowl now. Even people who aren't fans still watch, and if it sucks one year, there's always the chance that next year will be better.

Get ready for another 50 Star Wars movies in your lifetime.

>second weekend drop off 70%
>production budget "n/a"

HAHAHAH ITS FUCKING DOA, THEY DON'T EVEN WANT US TO KNOW HOW MUCH THEY SPENT !!!

>Post yfw based Last Jedi crushes Sup Forums's hopes and dreams

>Star Wars is basically the nerd equivalent of the Super Bowl now. Even people who aren't fans still watch, and if it sucks one year, there's always the chance that next year will be better.
>Get ready for another 50 Star Wars movies in your lifetime.
I think that's a pretty accurate prediction.

ITLL BE NEAR 2 BILLION HAHAHAHAHA

Because all these articles are advertising. And this advertising is designed to forward the agenda. The same agenda that pervades the movies.

the absolute state of the alt-right

wont beat avatar

literally no one said that

SALT

Hello mouse shill.

NOOOO IT WAS SUPPOSED TO CRASH AND BURN!!! FEMINISTS ARE TAKING OVER!! I CAN'T EVEN TALK TO WOMEN ANYMORE WITHOUT IT BEING CALLED SEXUAL ASSUALT!!

>not even a single billion dollars

try again later fuckos :)

>Remember when Sup Forums was raging and saying this film wouldn’t break $700 Million?
$700 million domestic. And it won't. Not a chance.

God fucking damn it WE are white WE are right how are the fucking Jews getting away with this again God fucking damn it!

read

it's officially at 892.

Meaning only 60 million more to BREAK EVEN

>you guys comeon it’s dead
>guys stop going too see TLJ it’s dead guys
>you guyssss
>comeoooooon

its star wars. people would buy a bag of shit as long as the Star Wars logo is on it

Give it 10 years when the hype is over and people will realize that this trilogy managed to be worse than the prequels

934.2 M I L L I O N

SEETHING

>worldwide

Regressions put its domestic totals at about $610 million. That's a 34% drop compared to TFA. No reason to expect different performance with the foreign returns when they're also vastly underperforming

The Mouse shit the bed

It needs a trillion dollars to break even, though.

This.

>I thought this movie cost $500 million to make

>DAH WAHS ID GINO MA DUH FOSS BI WID YU

>opened in more cinemas than TFA
>already lower opening weekend
>still undisclosed budget
>that second weekend drop

the absolute state of Nu Wars

>implying the only thing wrong with the movie was the forced diversity

Why was there a map to Luke if he wanted to die?

How do bombs drop in space? Why were those bombers all clustered together filled with bombs?

How did Poe have time to make yo mama jokes if the first order wasn't interested in surrender? Why didn't they kill him on sight?

Why doesn't C3PO have a red arm anymore even though there is no time gap between movies?

Why did this entire film take place in 18 hours when all the other films are ambiguous as to the time passed?

Why doesn't Snokes absurdly huge ship have shields? Why don't they send endless streams of tie fighters against the fleet during the bland slow speed chase?

Etc

NOOOOO

How did the prequels perform?

Yeah OP, it's totally not failing. Currently making 0,7 of what TFA made, projected to end up with 1.4 billion against 2.0 billion of TFA

>Retract your statements Hamill or you're next one in line to get a sexual harassment accusation
>O-ok D-disney please no

nme.com/blogs/the-movies-blog/star-wars-plot-holes-1921277

So, directly in line with ESB's 70% of ANH and AotC's 67% of TPM?

wew

HOLY SHIT IT'S NOT EVEN GOING TO MAKE $2 TRILLION IN THE STATE OF OHIO HOLLYWOOD IS SINKING BOYS XD XD

>g-g-guys it' okay to like TLJ now!
the absolute state of Sup Forums

>That's a 34% drop compared to TFA
That's less of a drop than Empire had.

I was considering seeing the movie a second time but decided against it due to how much I hate that purple gender studies bitch.

Why are you comparing it to movies that are decades old? Go ahead and watch the "drop" from Iron Man 1 to Iron Man 2 or from Avengers 1 to Avengers 2. The market is different these days.

REELING ABOUT TO BREAK

>Why are you comparing it to movies that are decades old
Because they're from the same franchise and were once upon a time release in their relative present? 10 years from now, TLJ will be 10 years old too.

No. It cost 800 million to make and the studio only gets around 70% of the ticket sales. So 950 to break even.

Are you retarded?

Stop shilling this on Sup Forums

>nme.com/blogs/the-movies-blog/star-wars-plot-holes-1921277

of all the plot holes they went for the most amateur ones

>Obi Wan’s ghost tells Luke that Yoda was “the Jedi Master who instructed me”
Yoda instructs Obi Wan at numerous times in the prequels, especially in ep3

>In the original trilogy the Emperor & Vader conspire to recruit Luke to their cause. That would make three Sith, surely breaking the Siths’ own rules.
Palpatine's plan was for Luke to kill Vader and become his apprentice

>In Return of the Jedi, Leia recalls her mother as “beautiful”, “kind” and “sad”, suggesting she was alive during Leia’s childhood.
Or that she had her pictures and the entirety of Alderaan nobility to tell her about her mother

>Yet at the start of A New Hope, Vader seemingly has no idea that Leia is his daughter, even when he’s torturing her.
Or he knows but doesn't give a shit?

>Unless Skywalker is the Star Wars equivalent of Jones, it’s probably not the best idea to keep the son of Anakin Skywalker hidden with his relatives on his home planet, while letting him keep his dad’s surname.
It's almost like censuses are not a thing on desert planets in the outer reaches of the universe that nobody gives a fuck about

>the Death Star travels to Yavin 4 – a moon – to blow up it and the Rebel base on it. Before it can reach the moon, though, it’s decided it needs to travel around the planet that stands in the way of it and the moon.
Because maybe the main gun needs time to recharge and it would be faster to sail around a planet than to blow it up? Or maybe the Empire isn't retarded enough to blow up planets with loyal subjects?

>Hoth is supposedly surrounded by an Imperial blockade which prevents any Rebel ships from leaving. When Luke leaves the planet, he gets out easily.
Did they even watch the movie? Hint: ion cannon

the article feels like it was written by a video game journalist who got stuck on cuphead

It's a guarantee that if Star Wars is on the title, the money will come

Just for comparison, remember that Ghostbuster flop? That one needed 600 millions to break even, directors own words, and the production budget was 120 millions.

While breaking even is one thing, the thing that people constantly forget is that as any other company, Disney uses estimates of their upcoming titles for future investments.
if they thought that they will make 2 billions, earning way bellow that amount can indeed be considered flop.
It won't sink them (silly notion), but heads will roll.

Oh, wow. £1bn. Fucking amazing. So impress.

Then Lucas buys it back at 10 cents on the dollar and retcons 7-9 and Han Solo.

Hammil comes back for a new 7-9, Lucas writing, Villneuve directing.

Yavin is a gas planet. There's no reason to think the Death Star can even do anything to it.

In a better timeline than ours, user.

>damage control

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH BTFO Sup Forums

That seems really low

Personally, I think the problem is not so much that the movie did badly. It didn't, as OP's point shows.

No, to me the problem is the fatigue it's causing.

Despite the critics sucking dick, this movie isn't terribly well-liked by a lot of people.

And I fear this will only get worse. E7 got a slide from a lot of people because there had been over a decade since the last Star Wars movie, and a lot of nostalgia had built up.

Now that nostalgia is bleeding out, fast, and once it's gone Disney's going to have to stand on it's own legs. E8 showed us their first attempt at doing so, and it's not going terribly well for them thus far.

G-G-guise.....how is this happened? We are white men?

Apples and oranges.

The original Star Wars had a total adjusted gross of $1.6 billion domestically, which doesn't even account for population growth, fewer theaters, etc. TFA came out to only $900 million domestic with a much larger release (and a $300 million budget). TFA may have performed better internationally, but that's likely only because today's foreign market is much larger as well.

The point is the original Star Wars was such a huge event that comparing percentage drops with the second installment isn't even relevant.

40.7% drop from Eps 1-2, but I would argue that had a lot to do with negative press coverage and word of mouth. TLJ has at least good press coverage and mixed word of mouth, so that makes this 34% drop even more embarrassing for Disney

No shit.

It has to make at least $1.7 billion to be considered a success.

Transformers made money too.

Suicide Squad made money too.

umm try $2.8 billion sweetie

I don't get it, Rotten Tomates sayd the public hates it and critics are ok with it, yet it's still making quite a buck... how? Not even debating if it was good, just saying... that's pretty weird...

SALT

>n-no just breaking $1bn is still a major success for Disney's biggest film of the year!

B-B-B-BUT IT NEEDS TO MAKE ELEVENTY TRILLIONS TO BREAK EVEN!!!

Won't even make half of Avatar.

>he thinks PC culture is a success and half the country isn’t in active rebellion over it

ITT faggots defending Disney because they are buttmad at all the SW threads

>mfw Shatner is one of these retarded trolls

I went to see it, and contributed to those sales figures, but I thoroughly dislike it. I won't watch it again and will continue to tell everyone I know that it's a tragic mess written by a hack. It's still under performing by a wide margin and it's day by day is much more similar now to Batman V Superman than TFA. It was never going to be a complete failure, but 30% under on movie sales and lower merchandising figures aren't proving it to be the juggernaut game changer that it was made out to be.

Yeah but no one cares about Avaturd.

No one really cares actually, except a few who think theyr favorite board influences the world.