STOP with the RotS revisionism!

STOP with the RotS revisionism!

Its a garbage movie as bad as the other two prequels. Aside from the terrible acting (even including the irish cocksucker) it looks appalling. The use of extensive green screen sets is just utterly ugly. The most important parts of the story are handled in a 3 min montage right before the credits. Nice fucking storytelling 101 there, George. Amazing fucking editing 101 there, buddy. Even the one thing that could save this flick for atleast action purposes is terrible: the final duel. Fuck acrobatics, i want a DUEL! Not fags hopping around and swinging lightsabers behind their back. So no, its not good, its not passable, its shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aZnaxdZu2eo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

At least it has a consequential story. Unlike TLJ.

Shut up Rian.

I thought it was common knowledge that The Phantom Menace was the best prequel, Attack of the Clones singlehandedly destroyed Star Wars and ROTS is just a sludgy mess with a few great memes

I smell Mouse.

I liked it. Even with flaws it's a fun movie.
You don't take Star Wars as a super serious space epic, do you?

Still better than TFA
Still better than TLJ

Eat a dick.

>its a garbage movie

Stopped reading right there and saged from the high ground.

No
youtube.com/watch?v=aZnaxdZu2eo

it just physically hurts to look at, it's like watching shrek or final fantasy: the spirits within.

a little late for the shilling my friend. go report back to Disney that your BS doesn't work here

Finally, someone with the balls to say it.

It's so insanely-overrated on here.

anyone who says it was good deserves to be shot

literally too stupid to keep consuming resources

Why are you so upset over the fact that RotS is kino?

GET THE FUCK OUT MOUSE

Most of the Star Wars movies are just meme material. That doesn't make them bad.

we defend prequels now?
Dont be contrarian just because the new movies are also shit

I never jumped on the prequel hate bandwagon

>the new ones are bad that means the prequels were good

My gosh, look at that density. So beautiful.

>I LIEK STAH WAHS

IV > V > III > VI > II > I > RO > VIII > VII

ROTS is a good movie and incredibly memorable. Even today I can still quote lines from it.

Fuck off with "muh realistic swordfighting meme" it's a space opera with light sword wielding wizards. The choreography is wonderful.

Think you mean
V>IV>VI>III>I>RO>II>VII>VIII

Fuck off mouse shill

at the very least the prequels had songs I can remember
can you recall a single score from the sequels?

>retard who doesn't know anything about fighting criticizes the choreography
Everytime and no, playing your dumb little video games doesn't count.

what's it like being retarded

>OP doesn't hail from the bizarro, is sane and speaks the absolute truth

They're gonna burry you under endless shitposting.

>it's like watching shrek
Okay you're trying waaaaay too hard now

The sword-fighting is too awesum. It's better when it's short and sweet. If it's an important fight that needs to be drawn out it should be interspersed with dramatic pauses/dialogue e.g. Vader/Luke in V.

You should probably be the one to tell us.

This
is the second best opening to a Star Wars movie behind the opening to episode IV.

omg cgi things are smashing in to other cgi things how compelling! literally proto bayformers

I love Star Wars!

>op is a red letter media faggot just like me!
fuck off

The part where the Benny Hill theme played as Luke chased Yoda around trying to stop him from burning every book in the galaxy was pretty memorable

>le reply to untold amount of posts meme

>putting realism over what is artistically good

Both are good, it doesnt have to be one vs the other.

>artistically good
>whining that it was too twirly and fancy
Video games aren't movies dumbass.

Currently rewatching it after a failed attempt at going through TFA a second time, I can't believe how enjoyable it is, sure it's flawed but the thing is a product of someone who genuinely wanted to share his universe without being pushed around by angry fans or his yet to be awakened passion for green screen. I'm sorry TPM for having been such a cunt to you for so long.

RotS revisionism is only part of the problem. There are hordes of people running around Sup Forums at this very moment who think that the prequels were great movies.

I always liked the phantom menace. RLM can suck a dick.
I even liked the senate scenes for goodness sake.

No, RotS is some autistic fanboy shit. 5 or 6 minutes on a fight where the two duellists just show off their epic skillz is a joke.

>Fuck acrobatics, no fags jumping around waving glow swords.
This is the number 1 pleb filter that has never failed me. No one with good taste can possibly hold this position. Telekinetic space wizards don't have to conform to your pretentious 'gritty' standards.

Clones > Menace

Dood. Clones drags ass like a sloth encased in carbonite. Fuck that noise.

Why? The only argument I've ever heard criticizing the prequels is just blatant name calling and ad hom. No one has ever explained to me why a choreographed duel is bad. Bunch of butthurt autists bitching because there telekinetic space wizard fights arent gritty enough.

>STAH WAHS ID GINO

>"I'm going to call everyone retarded and then I'll win the argument haha!"

>we
fuck off neogaf

V>IV>VIII>VI>VII>III>I>RO>II

Try and tell me Rogue One or Clones was good.

>Heroes are on both sides
>Evil is everywhere.

BRAVO

dumb wojackposter

Honestly I feel like the point of VII and VIII was to illustrate how good the prequels are in comparison

>>Heroes are on both sides
the ROTS commentary track is hilarious on this. Literally nobody understood what George meant by this.

>choreographed
Maybe that's the problem. Art isn't supposed to leave fingerprints. You're not supposed to watch a fight and think about the person who designed it.

>gritty
I'm not sure it's that. It's just the fight is too long. Sooner or later it will start to come across as unrealistic.

>implying Sheev isn't a hero

Is da stah wawse I lub it

I understood exactly what it meant when I was 9 and saw it in the theater

>irish
How dare you

Care to share the wisdom?

Little retarded younglings can browse this board now. They grew up on the prequels. I've met them in real life. Even if this shit started as a joke, real defenders are here now. And they're sadly here to stay, instead of defending the prequels on Reddit where they belong.

Star Wars is not supposed to be realistic. From the very beginning its supposed to be played out as a mythology with feats of heroism and blatant right and wrong dialogue and storytelling.

I only used the word choreographed because that seems to be the number one complaint.

It's not perfect, but no star wars movie is. Star Wars looking good is most of my enjoyment with great sound and soundtrack. The duel was epic regardless of the choreography. Yeah I like every single star wars movie.

i'm sure people like grievous and doku were considered heroes among the separatists .

Wouldn't the Separatist Union see Dooku and Grevious as heroes?

Star Wars have always been just fun flicks to watch. PTfags are better than pretentious OTfags who pretend to be experts on cinematography

based slowjack poster

t. Mousefag

Well when I saw Attack of the Clones when I was 13, I fucking hated Dooku and thought he was clearly a villain. I felt bad that Anakin and Obi-wan got the floor mopped. When Anakin came back and fucking wrecked Dooku it was the very rewarding for me. Sure the separatists liked him, but those spice guild jews or whatever fielded mostly all robots. I don't know if they really looked at Dooku as anything other than master.

So they're heroes like in videogame roster heroes?

Prequels is the greatest Star movie ever existed

Seriously though, the prequels were exploding with creativity and are genuinely the most creative Lucas ever was since the original conception of Star Wars

I LIEK WAR N STARZ IS GEENO LITE SABER WHOOSH BANG HAHA YAAAY

based reddit poster

>"huge" "space" "battle" with nothing going on besides the visual noise in the background, very quiet, most of the scene wasted on shaking off some stupid parasite droids
>War!
>Evil is everywhere.
>There are heroes on both sides.
this opening crawl and the "space" "battle" are the worst parts of the PT

>the ROTS commentary track is hilarious on this. Literally nobody understood what George meant by this.

How can you confuse this at all? How did they understand it?

Why can't Disney Nu Wars not into space battles like based George can?

You are retarded. Like literally on a medical level.

No, because they're championing their movement. Especially Dooku. How would they view their own champion? As a villain?

>Evil is everywhere.
>There are heroes on both sides.

Legitimately curious: what is wrong with this?

star wars is a show for 12 year olds, nostalgia fags, fake nerds and brainlets

>literally doing nothing but regurgitating RLM's opinion
>doesn't even bother thinking for himself or even elaborating on how those things are """bad"""

>realistic
You're missing the point here. Obviously it is fantastical/heroic but long fights can come across as the wet dream of some director and not something that would realistically happen.

>choreographed
Again, it's that people that people can tell that it's staged. It doesn't have to uber-gritty but it should be free-flowing and the fighters should not have the perfect style.

nah opening to RotS is the best star wars opening and that scene is arguably one of the best sequences in the movie. That is until they get to Grievous' ship and we get slap stick humor until they actually get to palpatine.

Rogue One's space battle is 10 times better than this and probably the best in all of star wars.

> long fights can come across as the wet dream of some director and not something that would realistically happen.
The most basic power of force sensitives is precognition. It makes perfect sense that a duel between two Jedi who were evenly matched would take a long time to finish

>Fights should not have the perfect style
Why the hell not? These are space knights that use magic. The duels represent a battle of ideals in the mythological sense. Perfect execution lends to that.

>not appreciating the sheer scale of the battle and creative orientations to take advantage of the 3D of space

Enjoy your bland small nuWars battles.

Revenge of the sith was awesome, the only people who hate it are 12 year olds who weren’t even alive when it came out and have to defend Disney’s trash because reddit told them to

Cum in my mouth and i'll regurgitate it and spit it in your face, faggot.

>Rogue One's space battle is 10 times better than this
Low tier b8

I agree but the idea that ROTS is somehow not as bad as TPM and AOTC has been a thing since 2005.

It's not revisionism. The prequels are still shit. But IN COMPARISON to NuStarWars, they are great.
The story progresses, it relates relatively well to the OT, and there's tons of creativity and awesome designs everywhere.

>prequels are still shit
Nice revisionism you brainlet.

>WEVEN UH DUH SIFF WAD AWEDUM!

>Why the hell not?
Because it's *unrealistic* and fucking shit. It's like those fedora cunts that are going to go all out. That's what they'd imagine but it's not what would actually happen in *real* life.

>These are space knights that use magic.
Don't care, it feels wrong. That kind of perfection is a lie.

Found the RLM/Disney shill.

Legitimately not, that space battle is beautiful.