/who/ - Doctor Who General

AAAAAAAAAA edition.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NPlI1WpAwpU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's /who/ with you?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Tennant era would have been 500x more entertaining if he looked like this in every episode

Why is /who/ so political now?
not even the shitty facebook or reddit communities are like this?

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Because this weird copy of Darth Snoke is ruining all the fun.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA

A lot of Sup Forums people came here because of the female doctor thing recently

Because the Doctor regenerated into Jodie Whittaker 4 days ago.

Some of you guys have no patience for riding out storms.

What are the best Eruditorum entries?

AAAAAAAAAAAposting has been the most entertaining /who/ has been for months

Peter Ca-baldy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bald Capaldi Clan

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

STOP IT JUST STOP IT

Why is he so pure, lads?

youtube.com/watch?v=NPlI1WpAwpU

after being a woman i hope he is a non-binary tranny next rite guys?

I haven't watched that shit in years.

As you will all learn to love me too, in time.

Are you equating the reforging of this general from a Nu-Who wank-fest being shaped in to a culturally-aware, classic-episode appreciation general, with the purging of all European identity, history and culture? A more ridiculous post has ne'er been made on /who/.

The addressing of post-Tennant, Nu-Who as what it truly is: A politicized, forced, predatory, marring of the original series. Nu-Who is an insult to all who grew up with this show and it must be called out.

You are a soft, effeminate, little sissy-man. Your ilk is no longer wanted on /who/. Feel free to return to Reddit or Tumblr or whatever hole you crawled out of.

Ship each trip with a Who character

>Neo:
>McGanon:
>Edge:
>Lym:
>Cloister:
>Cats:
>Guy:
>Kinda:
>Wanderer:
>FNA:
>Chantho:
>Judy:
>Darth Snoke:

>non-binary tranny
I sorta get the tranny part but what's the non binary part all about?

Seriously fuck off to tumblr with that BS.

Darth Snoke: Ian Levine

I couldn't give you a ranking, but some standouts off the top of my head:
>The Deadly Assassin
>Logopolis (the interactive version is cool too)
>The Mind Robber
>The Three Doctors (warning: Blake fanfic)
>Bad Wolf/Parting of the Ways (also check out the guest post on Big Brother)
>The End of Time, Part Two
>The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang
>The Time of the Doctor

So, let's try to guess the Doctor's companions for no reason other than boredom.

First up, connection. Companions usually come with history unless they're introduced at different times. So Bradley, the girl (Mandip Gill) and black-dude (Tosin Cole) are related somehow.

Considering how older Bradley is, it's either a situation of social position (he's their teacher, boss,...) or he's a relative (grandfather, uncle,...). Considering the racial difference, it's a bit tough for both Gill and Cole to be related closely, like brother/sister. Unless we're going for the adopted route or they're dating and one of the two is in Bradley's care.

Wasn't there some rumors about Bradley being a cop? I don't think they'll make Gill and Cole be criminals that get swept up in the Doctor's shenanigans, so it's prolly: Gill lost her parents on something crime related, Bradley took her into his care and Cole is her boyfriend. Again, wild guess because we have nothing.

Let's go into personality (an even more useless attempt). Considering Who's track record: Cole is a bit of an idiot but has his head in the right place, he's the straight-man; Gill is smart and funny and the Doctor instantly likes her, she's amazing; Bradley would be the emotional side, the heart of the group. Caring for his kid and being a general sweet grandparent.

There, it's definitely not going to be this tho;

McGanon already has left us for tumblr Reylo shipping.

Source?

What's with this talk of McGanon leaving, I swear I saw a post in /who/ from her like literally yesterday. Just because she's not on here circlejerking with Neo doesn't mean she's flounced for good.

The post yesterday was the user who was impersonating every trip.

I don't know or even care what a mcganon or a reylo is. Stop saying these words to me.

I expect Walsh's character to be more of a hard man but with a hidden sweet side, rather than a Wilfesque grandpa. This is based on a mixture of how he comports himself generally, and the fact that Chibnall's last work with him was Law & Order.

>You are a soft, effeminate, little sissy-man. Your ilk is no longer wanted on /who/. Feel free to return to Reddit or Tumblr or whatever hole you crawled out of.
2/10 b8 - well crafted, but brutally stupid

Oh right. Well the last post from her is dated Christmas, wait until she's been off at least a week before you start arranging her funeral.

Was Chibnall a regular on Law and Order?

Why did you hide the twitter handle

>McGanon's name is Holly

wew lad

So people don't spam her with shit.

I really don't get it... Is it funny or is it sad?

I'm looking down the feed and DESU I'm thinking Simon Pegg was right about nerd culture being a late capitalist conspiracy, he just didn't fully account for the shipping side of it.

Can one be trans and non-binary at the same time?

>post-Tennant, Nu-Who, Nu-Who is an insult to all who grew up with this show and it must be called out.

So you're a RTD chad?

It's ikolism
SHOULD HAVE COVERED THE NAME DUMBASS

Kylux is better anyway.

>McGanon's name is Holly
>she is from Scotland
>she has been posting Kylo Ren and Rey pictures for 4 days straight
>she likes Star Wars more than Doctor Who

I'm pretty sure everyone on /who/ knew that anyway from following neo's account

non-binary means that your gender is neither male nor female. It could be somewhere in between or completely different.

(Perso, as a tran I think it's a bit navel-gazing but people are people. We all have to do what's right for us, so long as we don't hurt others or ourselves.)

She betrayed us

Which episode has the best regeneration effects and why is it Utopia____________

>your gender is neither male nor female
>It could be somewhere in between or completely different.
>completely different.

Yep, I'm completely lost.

The TV Movie.

kino

You mean, like most fans of 13 ?

Bradley will be the comic-relief. He will play the classic, stupid white-guy character, he might be challenged by aliens in the series and he will shirk away out of cowardice. He only really exists as an accessory to female Doctor (male) and the based, black man. His purpose in the series is to crack jokes and prop up the other character's traits. He exemplifies the politicization of the show in perhaps the best manner: The elderly, white clown who only exists to feed the young, spunky, diversity crew. Expect him to be berated many times by everyone, bonus if they do it because he is A) White B) Male C) Old.

Based, black man will be the gentle giant of the show, the guy who is supposed to get all the little, white girls fawning over him. He will be charming, strong without a flaw, despite perhaps having one issue (Possibly went to jail for a crime he didn't commit, grew up without a dad, been fucked over in some way by the white man, etc.). Bradley will often be insecure around based, black man as he is a virile, young, tall, black bloke. Female Doctor (male) will perhaps exhibit sexual interest in based, black man; possibly sharing a kiss with him? *She* will often talk of how tall he is, how apparently desirable he is, etc. There may be conflict between the Indian girl and female Doctor (male) over based, black man later down the road.

Indian girl is female Doctor (male)'s right-hand woman, she is spunky and outgoing, unlike Bradley who is a pussy. The female Doc (male) are best-friends and confide in each other often. There will be many "men" jokes so brace for that. If the based, black man plot-line doesn't pan out, they will be lesbian lovers.

Here it is, Nu-Who, 2018 edition.

Anything else to add, lads?

Was it a Utopia moment?

It's perceptual, probably based on brain physiology and chemical levels. Like how gender dysphoria manifests itself due to 'mixed up' brain structures and hormonal levels - I'm hugely, hugely simplifying here.

Don't start spamming this shit.

>rainbow regen
>LGBT joke ? - from RTD

>He will play the classic, stupid white-guy character
I should point out that both Mickey and Danny also played the stupid guy role. In fact the only non stupid guy regular apart from the Dr seems to have been Jack.

This.

That true. That's why I miss Jack. Wish he'd come back, at least as a cameo.

Stop projecting your fetishes please

That's an interesting coincidence...oh...OH!
>mfw apparently I'm not the only one that has trouble quitting /who/.
This image is confusing. Mostly for the choice of angle.

Danny wasn't really played as stupid at all, he only came across of that because of Twelve's kinda forced, IMO insults.

I hated that. Same with 9 and Mickey.

I think it was even worse with Mickey. I kinda get why the Doctor would make jabs like that (out of slight jealousy), and they're okay if they're done occasionally, but Rose never really got comeuppance for the way she treated Mickey. At least Clara tried to be respectful of Danny, even if she wasn't entirely honest.

Rose was so cunty to mickey. Especially in "Rose". I don't understand why she's the benchmark nuWho companion.

I wish Brooker would cut Black Mirror back to 3 episodes per season and just join Doctor Who in his time off. I'm three episodes into the new season and it's really obvious every time he runs out of ideas, plus his bullshit approach to technology would honestly be less tonally incongruous in a Who context.

Because she makes mistakes like a real person.

>Rose was so cunty to mickey
Amy was cunty to Rory and Clara was pretty cunty to Danny. Seems like it's a bit of a theme.

Danny only came off as stupid because of Samuel Anderson sounding like a moron every time he opened his mouth.

Clara's was portrayed intentionally in a negative light though.

Dwayne Johnson as 14th doctor - when it is happening?

And Rose wasn't? Dig deeper mate.

Clock's gotta strike Weasley first.

11/10

Fuck off with this trip worship shit

>Sneed's Feed and See...

No, Rose really wasn't at all. She ended up getting everything she wanted, even if it was in a different universe. In fact, in Rose, her ditching Mickey was portrayed as a whimsical thing.

Clara's comeuppance was having Danny actually die and Clara having to face the consequences of the fact that she didn't spend enough time with him.

> Clara was pretty cunty to Danny.
The only cunty thing Clara did to Danny was lie to him.
Rose straight up ditched him in the first episode and didn't want him to join the tardis in S2.

No, if she was then Ten wouldn't be obessed with her and wouldn't have gotten her own doctor clone and tardis.

...still pretty cunty. Too me ultimately unlikable.
Fair enough. Though Rory seemed to welcome it, Amy was especially cunty too. Clala less so...I mean her keeping her travels through time and space secret would almost seem, prudent.
A litty doctor? Nah.

Yet we were somehow still supposed to like the characters. I seriously hope Chinballs is capable of writing strong, smart and capable women that aren't bitches.

Not until his second term as US President ends in 2028.

>Yet we were somehow still supposed to like the characters.
Not necessarily. Clara wasn't supposed to be a perfect, likeable character; she was intentionally flawed (despite this, people STILL call her a Mary Sue) and that's the crux of her and the Doctor's relationship becoming unsustainable.

I think Clara is a good character, even if she's not a good person.

Moar Benis :D

>still supposed to like the characters
were we? good tv doesn't have to have likeable characters. half the episodes of black mirror are just a bunch of assholes screwing eachother over

Time for a new thread.

DW is different in that regard as the companion is supposedly the audience's surrogate. You're supposed to want to root for them and become emotionally invested in the character, find something redeeming about them, worthy to be witness to the universe. You aren't supposed to be relieved or glad whenever they meet their eventual demise.

>Adric

>the companion is supposedly the audience's surrogate
And that's why NuHu is shit.

...and with some colour

>NuHu
Stop trying to force this meme.

Was that really the intent though? I mean there are small communities the still actively seethe about Clala's lack of death. I was pretty disappointed at the end of doomsday when the opening monologue hyped me for rose's death and didn't deliver.
Shut up grandpa.

Tbh I would respect RTD's "flawed protagonists" (Rose and 10 mainly) if the narrative wasn't so in love with them that it was willing to elide the idea of them having moral responsibility. The fact that 10's sabotaging Harriet Jones ended up leading to Mr Saxon would have been a brilliant antidote to this, except of course that never even got brought up! We're ultimately invited to sympathise with Mickey and see him as a good, valuable person, but any attack of self-awareness Rose might have over how she treated him doesn't last longer than about 5 seconds.
9 generally fared better here, because being a new and unfamiliar presence meant that he could sometimes be portrayed as an asshole or needing to learn to be better.
As soon as 10 pops up he's just 'wonderful wonderful wonderful' and anything resembling a real study of his flaws only turns up in glimmers, where it's either washed over as just being something to expect of the Doctor (Family of Blood), subtly apologised for with the real blame placed on the 'awfulness of humans' (Midnight), or basically made up as a one-off (Waters of Mars) with those last two examples being very late on in his era. The absurdity of 'A MAN WHO NEVER WOULD!' moralising isn't even contemplated, right down to his climactic moments in EoT where we're acting like consigning two people to die in the Time War rather than shooting either one is some morally pure third option just because it doesn't involve firing a bullet through a person.

It encapsulates my whole discomfort with RTD and Gardner's run, which is that the show expects you to love it automatically - and most people did - but not to stop and ponder on the various holes in its soul.

Death is dramatic and a fitting end. In a way it will always come to us.

Honestly, I don't wish death on all companions, but lack of commitment becomes annoying. If you tease death, please deliver.