Was it really that bad?

Was it really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Pj9UcKj7Dxo?t=131
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's worth seeing it honestly. I liked the worm riding scene.

I love it but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

nah, for a lynch film yes

I'd recommend it to someone who was getting into Lynch. It's the only big budget blockbuster movie Lynch will ever do after all.

it's a bit of a mess but it's not awful

It is outstanding in visuals, art and overall concept. But it gets boring after midpart and deviates too much from the book.

Heart plugs were a fascinating concept to me and were stuck in my mind for days after watching it the first time.

Nah, for that I'd go Elephant Man. Dune's not really Lynch enough to be a good introduction to the rest of his work but it's just Lynch enough to put off anyone who's going to be drawn in by "it's a big blockbuster sci-fi film".

Dune's just too fucking weird and yet not the right kind of weird.

I understand that it's not for everyone but I really like the charm of its absurdity.

>but it's just Lynch enough to put off anyone who's going to be drawn in by "it's a big blockbuster sci-fi film".
That's all the Lynch it needs to be. I suppose it is important to prep any new watchers by telling them about the problems the production went through and Lynch's battle for creative control.

youtu.be/Pj9UcKj7Dxo?t=131
/thread

Nope. It's brilliant.

I like the soundtrack.

I watched it before I read the books. The idea of a respiratory suit that recycles the water in your breath is just so damn cool. So is a planet with a very rare and powerful drug, competing empires for control of this drug, and a hostile alien force that inhabits the planet. I'm the type of person that can forgive a movie for its flaws if the premise is interesting enough and this movie absolutely enchanted me. The idea that a "name" can be a killing word is so damn powerful and unique.

needs a reboot

Anyone who'd not watch the rest of his works on the strength of one film shouldn't be watching them anyway

I watched lynch movie years ago and only now reading the first book. It's so good, almost unbelievably. The dialogues, the worldbuilding, the political game, the cultures. I see why this book is such a cult and an inspiration.

I don't generally like to share films with my friends that I have to preface with an explanation; it's like telling a joke. I do appreciate your obvious love for the film though.

Have a good one user.

I love it
I consider it a classic
It's fantastic on lsd
-Captain Picard first appearance

- the version with the male voice doing the intro with the artwork is the kino version, not the female one

>so damn powerful and unique.

The true name of god as a killing word is a very old concept.

It feels unique in this day and age.

I liked it except for expository narration. Maybe they had to do it that way, but it was terrible.

>shadow of the horned rat soundtrack

It's not bad at all. It's just unusual, and the theatrical cut was convoluted.
Watch the Spicediver fan edit.