BRAVO RIAN DIALOG OF THE CENTURY

Poe Dameron: This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet, I have an urgent communique for General Hugs.

General Hux: This is General Hux of the First Order. The Republic is no more. Your fleet are Rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms, there will be no surrender...

Poe Dameron: Hi, I'm holding for General Hux.

General Hux: This is Hux. You and your friends are doomed. We will wipe your filth from the galaxy.

Poe Dameron: Okay. I'll hold.

General Hux: Hello?

Poe Dameron: Hello? Yup, I'm still here.

General Hux: Can he hear me?

Poe Dameron: Hux?

Com Officer: He can.

Poe Dameron: With an 'H'? Skinny guy. Kinda pasty.

General Hux: I can hear you. Can you hear me?

Poe Dameron: Look, I can't hold forever. If you reach him, tell him Leia has an urgent message for him...

Com Officer: I believe he's tooling with you, sir.

Poe Dameron: ...about his mother.

LOL

For those of you who have seen this in theatres; did people actually laugh at this part?

That's completely in character though.

>That's completely in character though.

yup

Now these are the high quality quips I expect from Disney. Bravo.

Why?
Where's the joke?
All he did was say 'your mom' at the end.
Or is that the fucking joke?

It was funny. Poe made a fool out of Hux, which is the joke

This is unacceptable. I can't believe anyone at Disney actually approved this. This is beyond amateur.

>It was funny

You think it's not funny? Why not?

>ur mom
>hehehoho

This is one of the first things that happens in Star Wars: Marvel Has Ruined Everything. Its got dozens of these little quips and joke moments.

Just you wait and see. All the bullshitting about Solo being reshot to be serious is not true. Its gonna be Guardians of the Galaxy 3 because everybody is chasing Marvelbux.

All the excutives and test audiences say, "Where's the jokes? Where's the quips? Why can't this be funny like a Marvel movie?" and the fucking studios cave to it every time.

This is proof that Sup Forums will whine about anything to make them feel like they have a "superior" taste

I don't think that was the joke though user

>herro
>ur mom
>hehehehehehhehe

>Poe Dameron: This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet, I have an urgent communique for General Hugs.
>General Hux: This is General Hux of the First Order. The Republic is no more. Your fleet are Rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms, there will be no surrender...
>Poe Dameron: Hi, I'm holding for General Hux.
>General Hux: This is Hux. You and your friends are doomed. We will wipe your filth from the galaxy.
>Poe Dameron: Okay. I'll hold.
>General Hux: Hello?
>Poe Dameron: Hello? Yup, I'm still here.
>General Hux: Can he hear me?
>Poe Dameron: Hux?
>Com Officer: He can.
>Poe Dameron: With an 'H'? Skinny guy. Kinda pasty.
>General Hux: I can hear you. Can you hear me?
>Poe Dameron: Look, I can't hold forever. If you reach him, tell him Leia has an urgent message for him...
>Com Officer: I believe he's tooling with you, sir.
>Poe Dameron: ...about his mother.

hahaha!

Itd smarbest stah wers moobie ebar

>General Hux: I can hear you. Can you hear me?
>Poe Dameron: Look, I can't hold forever. If you reach him, tell him Leia has an urgent message for him...
>Com Officer: I believe he's tooling with you, sir.
>Poe Dameron: ...about his mother.

Man I laughed so much at this scene in the theater. I was so hyped and having already a hard time breathing over all the space lasers action and all the ships shooting and then this dialogue was the cherry on top. One of the funniest dialogues I have ever seen. And it was so random!! I literally spit a few of the doritos I was munching as I bursted laughing and then, with tears in my eyes, I slapped the leg of the dude next to me and screamed "DID YOU HEAR THAT? AHHAAH OH GOD" I think I got some doritos on him but it was so funny I'm sure he didn't mind.

Did anyone else read this in Robert Downey Jr.'s voice?

I hate how these pointless threads exist yet I get some excellent recommendations for my sex toy purchases and the thread instantly 404's.
fuck this literally gay website.

If they were star wars themed it probably would've gotten a sticky

This is not a false flagger fishing for (you)s. This is either a shill or a battered housewife.

I honestly can't believe this is real

How did they get away with this, Super Leia, saber over the shoulder, and the milk scene all within the first hour?

These movies are made by people who have never interacted with any human being who doesn't have anything lower than a 7 figure salary.

People laughed at a screener. I honestly enjoy watching shitty cams because they create an illusion of a company.

Nope. No groans or anything. Just silence. I think it was mostly shock that a movie that's supposed to be part of of a sci-fi drama series immediately flatlined into Disney quip formula in exchange for dialogue.