God I miss it

God I miss it

Remember when you were dumb

What went wrong?

The shattered remains of it will be releasing in theatres on October 6. It's full-on zombie now so there's no point of going to see it.

they cancelled Aquabats

they relied way to heavily on the tiny horse show. Then after LPS ended and with the new Transformers cartoon airing on Cartoon Network instead of The Hub they just lost a lot of the other stuff people liked about the channel.

So basically I'm imagining an alternate Nickelodeon where Spongebob only got semi-popular, but they milked it to the ground and went bankrupt as a result.

sort of. They got bought back by Discovery and changed their name to Discovery Family now the only cartoon airing new episodes on it is MLP and everything else either ended or canceled.

Hasbro just decided to not renew the deal since Discovery always complained they got shortened on the agreement. So when it cam time to renew, they didn't.

>MLP is the only cartoon airing new episodes

Is it really even a channel anymore? What the fuck else could they possibly be airing? MLP marathons?

Will it ever come back?

Trust me, things are gonna get much worse after the movie. They always do.

Hah you couldn't BE more dumb

Transformers and LPS

Movies sometimes also become cult classics, MLP was never as shit of a show as Spongebob since it has you know, a plot other than "annoying asshole is an annoying asshole now laugh"

>Barneyfags are this delusional
Yeah, maybe if you're mentally stunted and still find that re-learning basic skills you should've learned when you were four is entertaining to you.

The MLP Network still lives on with its flagship show.

Where do I even fucking begin?

Never forget

>had The Haunting Hour
>reruns of BTAS
>old sitcoms like Mork and Mindy plus some really interesting choices like Lois and Clark and Hercules
>fun events and program blocks
>seemed to have a passion for kids media

It's really sad to look at Discovery Family now and how creatively bankrupt and joyless it is. I don't know much about what went on behind the scenes or if the Hub handled their business terribly, but in its prime it was god tier and we really need another channel like it.

The thing is it started out as just an alright kids show, nothing too good yet nothing too bad. As it progressed they started pulling more "drama" and "life-changing events" out of their asses, and the people working on the series now aren't the same who were working on it 7 years ago, so even they don't know what the fuck they're writing anymore.

>As it progressed they started pulling more "drama" and "life-changing events" out of their asses
How the fuck does that work tonally with the show being about brightly colored horses?

Not well

About as well as it does for comics about men in brightly colored spandex.

We all do

By all meas, grace us with your encyclopedic knowledge of marshmallow horses!

This

The HUB was just a fun network.

TFW u find out they had their characters cross over like Cartoon Network used to do

>TFW there will never be a season 2 of Gi Joe Renegades
All those secondary characters that help them throughout season 1 will never join the unit.

There's only one barneyfag and you'll know when he gets here. Though you may have to check the archive for all his deleted posts.

Their actual coverage area was abysmal. It was never offered anywhere near me. Hell, I wouldn't have even known it existed, probably, without Sup Forums. I can't say whether the weird popularity of My Little Pony should have driven them into new markets by sheer demand from parents and this is evidence that Hasbro mismanaged the property. Frankly I have no idea how their coverage spread and no real desire to look it up. It's ancient history now anyway. Though if memory serves a lot of shows would end up on itunes shortly after air so that's probably how parents were feeding their kids' fix for friendship magic pony fuckery.

It especially didn't matter at the time thanks to livetoons. Without him I'd have never been able to enjoy Dan, Aquabats, Muh Transformers Come to think of it I'm probably more nostalgic over livetoons than the Hub. Saturday morning livestreams and talkbacks. Young Justice, Beware the Bat, Clone Wars, Green Lantern, etc. Shit was so cash.

Yea that's because it was a discovery premium channel and they are all trash. They complained about shit while Hub was actually growing at a steady pace. Had way more viewers than Discovery Kids ever did.

Typically networks spread by demand which can give that network leverage in negotiating with Comcast or whoever, but yeah they could still sabotage themselves if they demanded they be treated as premium. Stupid thing to do to a fledgling network.

The iTunes thing may have been worse for them in the long run making the actual channel superfluous.

That image legit made me tear up a bit.

God, I'm such a faggot.
I miss it. Every day, I miss it, and sometimes I don't even realize how much I miss it.

I'm surprised it doesn't trigger barneydude. Maybe he's busy in church this morning praying unto The Lord to please send another comet to destroy the purple dinosaurs that He missed last time.

Do you think The Hub died before it was able to burn out?

As much as I miss it, I don't really see how it could have avoided becoming as souless as Discovery Family, given that shows like Dan Vs or LPS were getting cancelled or ending, and MLP getting worse and worse and worse especially with it not being available outside of cable.

Mlp was the only good show in it anyway

>wuhhh I want muh comfy S1 back!!!
holy fuck you niggers. I thought I thought at least here on Sup Forums I could be safe from you, but you bring your shilling here, too?

I miss the Laverne and Shirley reruns.
Incidentally, don't search Laverne and Shirely on DA.

I dont know why people say S1 was the best, It didnt provide anything interesting or plot threatening, I was starting to get my interest in the show back in S4-S5

>Defending it's episodes after S3's finale.
>Calls others a shill.
You don't do irony, do you, Hasdrone?