thoughts on when you saw this scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t3dI-ghYimg
youtu.be/pUbXyd-fK8Q?t=165
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Dash
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CLOSE THE BLAST DOORS!

Why isn't his hand burning?

But seriously, this scene was pretty exciting, it had me hyped.

roger roger

>not drawing a cock on the blast door
missed opportunity right there

Don't give Disney any ideas

Droideka > Jedi

Too late.

Those fuckers were tough in LEGO Star Wars

I was 11 and I thought, "FUCK YEAH"

I thought it was awesome to see the Jedi in their prime. The damage done to the door was a practical effect btw

If the door had been an inch thicker they would have died

The first ten minutes or so of TPM are pretty great. It was exciting to see a master jedi and his apprentice working together for the first time.

pretty realistic to what a lightsaber would do if you just shoved it into something

no my light saber can't go through doors.

I thought it was cool

While Quigon was great, the prequels would have been better if this was Anakin/Obiwan.

Why?

While we would lose out on Obi-wan discovering Anakin as a young, prescient pilot and realizing he is force sensitive, this would work better and get us to the good brotherly friendship we saw in RotS faster.

We'd also lose pod racing which, while cool to look at, was mostly a useless narrative detour.

Episode 1 should have been half what we got, the last half being Obi wan initially taking him in.

Episode 2 should have had them be more friendly
Episode 3 is fine

Force run away YET reactor chamber in naboo no force speed run still bothers me to this day

The problem with the prequels is they don't exactly make sense with what Obiwan tells Luke -- regarding details he has no reason to lie about.

They needed less child Anakin and more time for Anakin and Obiwan to adventure around the galaxy -- kinda like what the Clone Wars series did, but as films. I understand the clone wars fills a lot of gaps, but that honestly could have been movie material.

Maul would have been a good trilogy villain, too, even if duel of the fates is really good.

I was 12. I thought I was going to see the most amazing film ever created. The first five minutes was awesome, but the rest was terrible.

youtu.be/t3dI-ghYimg

It should. It's a dumb inconsistency. Besides, force running looks kinda dumb.

My thoughts exactly user. Ive literally lost sleep trying to justify it in my head.

they were insane in the phantom menace game too

In the OT when they said his father was an amazing pilot I thought obiwan met him when he was an adult fighter pilot. They mentioned clone wars. I pictured grotesque orcs and sieges like the lotr films. Instead I got 40's pulp future bullshit with hidden powers, senate meetings, and trade negotiations.

I'm actually fine with the Senate stuff. The fall of the republic and turn to empire was cool. Even if Sheev's fighting looked gay.

But I agree with you. I figured they met when he was a pilot and he decided to train him even though he was too old because he realized the force was strong with him.

I know, we really lucked out

Why would the clones be orcs?

They were all using Force Speed already, the footage is slown down for the viewer. Think Dragon Ball.

Was it rape?
Was it political harassment?
How can you think killing diplomats on an official mission was a good idea? That's Putin-tier chess game.
HOW COULD JEDIS THIS INFLUENT AND BARELY REMEMBERED TWENTY YEARS LATER?

This, almost impossible to fight head on, but grenades worked

Dumbass bait.

Yea, noooooo

>How can you think killing diplomats on an official mission was a good idea?
Because the diplomats weren't on an official mission, they were on a secret mission. Valorum's hands are tied, but he tried intervening in secret. If they kill the Jedi, they can claim plausible deniability if Valorum looks for them. All of this is indicated in dialogue.

Underrated

I was so young i had no idea what the fuck was happening

it was cool as fuck

(and it still is)

how did people react to the force dash?
youtu.be/pUbXyd-fK8Q?t=165

yes it's canon
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Dash

Cool as fuck, you can almost feel how frightened Nute Gunray and basically everyone is of Jedi since they have the power to cut through blast doors like that.

Back in 1999 I was just happy to see the force powers from a Star Wars video game acknowledged in the new movie

no one noticed or we pretended not to notice, but it was a cool power in Jedi Knight Outcast and Academy

I get it was a cool power but it looks terrible on film.

I agree, but when people complained about the prequels that scene never really came up. Most people had no problems buying the force letting people go fast.

It was fun as fuck in the 2005 BF2. Charging into stormtroopers as Luke was my favorite part of that game.

my nigga
I love the slaughter on Mustafar as a lightsaber user in those small and tight hallways

That was such a great game. Star Wars has been game, comic and book franchise since original trilogy. Kino side has failed.

On related note, James Bond books are great even when James Bond is kino. Or was until Brosnan.

I was so happy to see jedi again

HAHAHA! I saw it coming, but it still got me.

Clones of George lucas

Why not just use the force to flip the switch that opens the door? SMDH star wars had so many plot holes.

I still can't believe that Disney just threw away the EU because a story group led by a retarded negress said so

cool music

If you clean all the panels with Clorox Spray it kills 99.9% of midichlorians making it impossible to transfer Force units to objects

If a jedi gave blood to someone, would their midichlorians transfer over?

I was too blown away by how shiny the protocol droid looked after starring at grungy 3PO for my entire childhood

Disney's mistake wasn't throwing away the EU. Disney's mistake was trying to replace it with a new EU.

Every Star Wars fan with a shred of self-reflection knew the EU wasn't REALLY canon. All that was truly canon were the movies, and then the cartoons. Lucas' own seal of approval was what determined if something was "canon." And when Lucas did something in the movies that contradicted the EU, it was the EU that had to change, not the other way around. And some writers were super creative about fitting the EU around the movies.

But now Disney wants a "unified" EU. And it's just fucking awful. It starts with the fact that most of the new EU is trash. But beyond that, now we're expected to know stuff from the new EU relative to the films. I heard that the little sharing moment between Leia and Holdo in The Last Jedi refers to something they both went through in the EU. That's horseshit. The movies are the movies and the EU is the EU. The old fans knew the score. We never pretended they worked together, or at least the most rational people among us didn't. Now Disney wants to do something... unnatural.

I always thought it was a contrived situation. What did they intend to do, crawl through a small hole of red hot metal? especially after they closed the blast doors and the lightsaber couldn't even go all the way through, so they couldn't make a nice round cartoon hole.

smart nigga

On the one had Geroge was a cunt that saw EU as monetize fan fiction on the other hand, he let others to play with his world, and have it matter to the fans of Star Wars. I mean he was mostly going for the former, but the latter was there too.