The virgin CTO

>the virgin CTO

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He did nothing wrong

tfw 3 eps in and this season is shit

He did everything wrong - instead of making NPC characters only resembling his peers for a powertrip/wish fullfillment type scenario, he recreates the human within the simulation fully with consciousness agency etc. to sadistically use them as toys. It's probably also very heavy on the hardware.

Two episodes in, I really like it so far.

They deserved it for bullying him, CTO and Polytechnique shooter =heroes

The kid didnt do anything to him
And Nanettes only crime was saying that she wasnt sexually attracted to him

>couldn't even lose his virginity in space skyrim

Matt Damon had a hard life

The kid was collateral

Does he stay in the simulation forever as an AI or just until he dies IRL?

Innocent collateral that he murdered just to fuck with the father

Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would clone a kid, before throwing him out of a spaceship?

He didn’t kill the real kid dumb ass

>when you hear she likes white guys

The father said that he saw his son freeze this is not what would happen if you went into space naked not st all.

No
He just created a perfect copy with the exact same mind of the child, that was perfectly capable of feeling emotions and pain, then murdered it
Then told the father he would do it an infinite number of times if he didn't LARP for him

It's a videogame.

>top left pic

Such a feel good ending.

So if he turns his computer off he can be arrested for murder? No it’s simulated,

He's just locked so they'll probably find him when he doesn't show up to work.
...10 days from the end of the episode as they have Christmas break.

Its not about the legality of the situation, but the ethics of it

Why do they make this face?

>he recreates the human within the simulation fully with consciousness agency etc.
Thought experiment for you:
The word "computer" used to refer to a person who carries out computations. Now, if whatever computations are involved in this simulation of consciousness were written down and carried out by a staff of secretaries, would that activity generate consciousness?

He's an evil man, especially because he could've had his cake and ate it too by just not being a hugely sadistic prick.

this

isn't it the same thing in Black Christmas episode?

White Christmas, and yes

what show is this

I have a feeling that the guys who wrote this were inspired by the TNG Barclay Computer thread
>computer, disengage safety protocols

The AI is not real, it has no soul it is simulated it is programmed to react in a certain way.

Jason Bourne

Black mirror

who is this tranny looking bitch

Yeah, that's why they were able to hijack the whole operation.

Breaking Bad

The show portrayed them as being fully conscious copies of the real people
They where far more than the standard AI we know in the real world

Star Trek Diversifications

I don't watch Black Mirror, I just think the computational theory of mind is idiotic. I'd be the guy petitioning to disassemble Data to deploy it across the entirety of Starfleet, or resetting the Emergency Medical Ham when it gets uppity, or whatever other crimes against computers science fiction writers get up their butts about.

How long do you think they survived in the online game before being blown to bits by a 12yo who paid for a DLC weapon kit?

They were interacting without and against the player.

wait, how can she have her own memories if he just swabbed her DNA?
Also isn't this the exact same tech as the white christmas episode ? the girl also looks exactly the same

Are computer viruses sentient?

Doesn’t matter how complex AI is it feels no real pain it’s not sad it’s below the lowest impulses of a chicken flapping about after being beheaded far lower than that.

No it's not the same.

This.
Just because a program can respond with simulations of pain and hurt and emotions doesn't make it real.

What Daly did is the equivalent of fantasizing. To think that he deserved death or did anything wrong at all because of whatever fantasies he had about his coworkers is ridiculous.

Aliens in spaceships are far more plausible than modern renditions of "AI"... This show is pure trash for idiots.

White Christmas was smarter and used brain scans instead of DNA, and portrayed the confusion and subsequent mental breakage of the clone in a far better way.
nuBlack Mirror sucks.

The pain was perfectly real to them, which is where the "ethics" subject comes in
The question of If you could create perfect AI people that felt emotion and pain that was real to them, is it still OK to torture them?

No it wasn’t because they have no real nervous system they have nothing physically you’re not very smart are you?

Yes. Going by your logic you should go to jail for genocide if you walk on a lawn. Every time you wash your hands you are murdering those microbes. How do you live with yourself!

And we dont have Perfect VR like in this show
What you aren't understanding is context
In the CONTEXT of this episode, these perfect AI where feeling pain that was very real to them
Even if that doesnt make sense in the real world that doesnt matter, because the show is set in a sci-fi world not like our own

Holy shit you retard what does AI mean? Think about that.

>real is only biological

You're not even willing to discuss the entire ethics point here.
If you can simulate every carbon-based lifeform on a silicon lifeform, it wouldn't be real?

So you wake up one day, not realizing what happened. They're torturing you, but it's okay, because people tell you you're only a simulation? You feel and know everything, like a normal human.

>if you're shy and timid everyone will be a dick to you even though you created the company

I'd be more inclined to believe he was insane if he DIDN'T use it for a power fantasy. His co workers were cunts and it was only a simulation, nothing about it was real.

Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to watch science fiction.

I have come to the conclusion that you are autistic
You cannot look at the context of a fictional show, you can only look at it literally
Im not even meming, autism causes people to be unable to comprehend these things and I think thats your problem

If I program a 2d 8 bit monkey on my pc to scream when I click on its face and then program it to believe that it is really in pain and tell people that it really truly feels that it is in pain IS IT REALLY IN FUCKING PAIN?

Look, what part of 'kill all white males because they're all evil' don't you understand? Stop asking stupid questions

a normalfag would say that

No you are a moron. You describe things in a way that answers your own question but you don't see that fact due to your minimal comprehension of the basic and minimally descriptive words you use as you contradict yourself attempting to explain how things that are virtual or artificial are real because of the CONTEXT of bad science fiction writing.

There is nothing to discuss it’s pleb tier science fiction there is nothing ethical as no harm is being done, there is no pain as already explained, an AI can be superbly coded to appear realistic and even tell you it’s alive, it’s still as unfeeling as a rock in reality

I was simply using AI for shorthand for what the characters where user, they are never in the episode actually referred to as AI
You see this is the autism I was talking about, seeing everything literally

You are literally retarded.

So there is nothing ethically wrong with calling a child a retarded nigger that should die?
After all, theres no physical real physical pain happening

>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE A MORON

>it's still as unfeeling as a rock in reality

No it isn't, if pain is defined in it's contained universe, then it's real.

Take the Elon Musk theory, he said that we could be living in a simulation.
What if everything we know and feel isn't real? Every nerve we think we have is in fact just a line of code. We just can't see it, because we cannot see outside of the system.

So if we get tortured tomorrow by a bunch of alien kids who just run our universe as a simulation for fun, it would be justified? Because we're not "real"?

>but elon musk said

>ignoring the guys point entirely because you cant refute it
Nice logic bruh

HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.

>tfw IHNMAIMS kino adaptation never ever

>what if we are fake and real at the same time!

You are so stupid it's hilarious. Keep going.

>getting caught up with a meme name and not doing the thought experiment for yourself.
scientificamerican.com/article/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/

I'm so disappointed with the average IQ on this board

>stealing my pussy is a red fucking line
what did she mean by this?

it reminded me of this too
>I have no genital and I must shit

The episode is basically insinuating that quiet, smart people are sick and sadistic inside. And that normalfags will always win! Especially the women, as they are smarter than men....

Why are you refusing to answer the question?

Lets say the entire world we live in is fake, everything is a simulation except for myself. Im the one that made this simulation and am controlling an avatar within it
It is ethical for me to torture you, because you are not "real"?
Please answer yes or no

people do this when they want to fake excitement/joy. Ignore the mouth and focus on the eyes, and you'll notice that none of them are actually cheerful.

It's a personality disorder giveaway. Every single of of these people are insufferable if you get to know them personally, since their personality a one-dimensional facade.

Elon Musk fanboys lmfao

where's the chad CEO?

>elon musk came up with simulation theory
jesus christ the state of redditors

He was in the episode too

>Take the Elon Musk theory
WHAT? LMFAO
look here guys, this is what an Elon Musk fanboy looks like hahahahah

what show is this?

You are asking if it's okay for you to kill farmers in a custom Skyrim mod? Yes it is.

>the company is located on THE THIRTEENTH FLOOR
nice reference bro

Look at this board and tell me they are wrong.

>inventing your own question and answering that instead of the one actually asked of you
A true intellectual

Not him btw,
>being this much of a brainlet, you sound retarded
A true pseduo-intellectual

sarah banks

>Not him
Then you answer the question in his stead
I dont understand why you are all refusing to answer, is it because you know this question defeats your logic?

Because the farmer is a simple avatar.

What if that farmer had every complexity of you. It wasn't rendered when you came into the game. It's been there from the start. It has built that farm, worked there for years. It has started a family. It genuinely loves his wife and children.
If you would kill them, he would feel everything you feel when someone killed your family.

When do you start feeling guilty for killing that character.

What if the goal posts kept moving and never stopped?

Still refusing to answer the question
interesting

oh shit this is actually well woven

Why would he keep the actual DNA samples instead of just backing up the results?

I'll answer this stupid question.
>because you are not "real"?
Yes, it's not unethical to torture something that isn't real.
Its not real.
Fucking moron holy shit

>Netflix's portrayal of chad

chad was picrelated tho

You answered yes, this proves you are stupid
Thank you for your time

>this proves you are stupid
>doesn't explain why
LOL, someone is mad because they think SCIENCE FICTION can apply to real life.
Genuinely retarded lmfao.
I bet you watch Rick and Morty too and are a fan of Elon Musk, right?

litterally the same ending as White Christmas

I have already explained it to you and so have others
If you cant understand it then it means you are too stupid, or have a disability like autism which would be a shame

not trying to troll you, but seriously this question:
How do you know that you are real right now?
You would be ok with being tortured if I told you right now you are not real.

>Reminder that everyone inside the simulator didn't know they weren't real until they were told.

Someone could theoretically tell you tomorrow that you are not real, and start torturing you day in, day out. You would have no refute.