These planets are really really close together

These planets are really really close together.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7zRmElyvmfc
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hosnian_system
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_scream
lmgtfy.com/?q=Last Jedi reactionary
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>planets
>not moons
US educated has defeated you

No, no. Those were all planets. I made the same mistake.

even for moons they're very close

>Did I ever tell you about the man who blew up the Starkiller Base? He was demoted to captain by a lady who was addicted to coke.

Its star wars dude i dont have to explain shit

Rian pls go

Hosnian system. Relative to what's shown on screen, but I'm sure they are not that close.

Are we sure they weren't moons

>Hyperspace ramming breaks the settin-
Sup Forums fuck off. even George threw it in, once
youtube.com/watch?v=7zRmElyvmfc

no they where all planets starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hosnian_system

What were the chances out of the millions of worlds in the known galaxy that Han would take them to a world within eyesight of the capital of the galactic republic?

DUDE LMAO EFFECTS AND CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN PLOT

JUST TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN, YOU FUCKING RACIST TRUMPTARD

uh well uh han was force sensitive there that explains it

Luke, did I ever tell you about the Force Scream?
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_scream

A Force scream was an involuntary Force exertion manifested by those whose alignment was with the dark side of the Force. It was a scream, of strong frustration, rage, or grief, emitted through the Force.

Contents[show]
DescriptionEdit
UlicForceScream
Ulic Qel-Droma screaming through the Force

"Nooooooooooooooo!"
―Darth Vader, upon learning of Padmé Amidala's death[src]
If a Dark Jedi or Sith Lord was being beaten and frustrated by his foe, he might let out an enraged scream (amplified through the Force) that triggered shock waves that rippled through the Force. This caused devastation to any that were unfortunate enough to be in proximity. Like many dark side Force powers, it allowed the user to use powerful negative emotions as a weapon, albeit involuntarily in this case.

The Force scream had been called "a wave of hatred, amplified and fueled by the dark side, that is capable of smashing through mental and physical defenses with ease." A number of references to Dark Jedi in Old Republic archives often mentioned the Dark Jedi violently losing control in the final moments of battle.

TURN OFF YOUR BRAIN RIGHT FUCKING NOW YOU COLONIALIST SUPPORTING MISOGYNIST OR I WILL ACCUSE YOU OF RAPE

>She was a good friend

And why did they build a planet sized deathstar to kill them? The first deathstar could of taken out one and the others would quickly of died due to the debris and tectonic disruptions due to gravity and orbital changes.

t. Star Wars dragon shout.

Nice digits

this flick just crammed everything into one scene
they couldnt possibly pan it out a bit further and include more than 1 scene to show this

Explain this meme to me or is this just some obese neckbeard /r9k/ poster jumbling a bunch of memes together into one big boogeyman.

The problem is DisneyWars is implying hyperspace ramming does work, when you, me, and everyone else knows it won't. Admiral Tumblr's ship would have just exploded on the big ship's shields.

you have got to be trucking sithing me

checked

Oh it does work. You just wouldn't be able to use it to 1HKO the Death Star with an X-Wing

>If we destroy several planets people will care
Was this their thought process?
It just looks comical how they tried so hard to one up A New Hope

well yeah you clearly would

a several tonn mass hitting the earth at lightspeed would vaporise the entire plannet

Not according to SW science

There is at least two articles in every single cultural commentary publication saying that anyone who didn't like TLJ is a reactionary shitbag.

Here's one sampling from Vanity Fair:
>First of all, it should be noted that the audience members most likely to register their opinions on Rotten Tomatoes are a very specific, very reactionary kind of fan.
>Yes, there is a ticked-off splinter of the Star Wars fandom angered by The Last Jedi. These MAGA–esque fanboys—the same that called Rey a “Mary Sue”
>s you might imagine, those “fans”—who seem to take their cues from First Order supremacists Hux and Kylo rather than Resistance heroes

lmgtfy.com/?q=Last Jedi reactionary

Actually in that point, if Holdo can ram while ramping up to hyper space then why didn't the falcon go kerpsplat on the death star's shield in TFA when it was slowing down?

In TFA it assumes you can pass through objects in hyperspace but TLJ assumes you can't.

What point were you trying to make here?

Sorry, but how is that Disney?... Nevermind. You've sufficiently justified your post given the level of quality I would expect from Sup Forums. It doesn't matter if it is Disney or not. Good luck and good night.

Because hyperspace jumps involving phasing into and out of real space, and objects within a short distance can be gone underneath if you're lucky... or some bullshit I just made up along those lines.

Not that guy but I will because of digits. Lurk more.

The theory goes that Disney and the Jewish overlords are pushing an agenda to eradicate the white race by empowering women and people of colour. They are simultaneously destroying male role models and more traditional values. Whilst I don't agree with this view personally a lot of the arguments could be said to feature heavily in this film particularly.

So use 10 asteroids.

lmao you autist

So Poe's Law?

those are no moons

Thank you, I'll be here all night. Try the veal.

What about people like me, who thought TFA was too much of a rehash, and rey definitely a Mary Sue, and who think the writing in TLJ is terrible, but has never had anything to do with RT other than seeing its scores posted on other sites sometimes?

Death Star would just laser them out of the sky. Its defenses were to impenetrable for anything bigger than a snub fighter to get close, and the Rebellion didn't have like 1000 spare X-Wings to hyperspace throw at it, nor would they have gotten the opportunity to do so before TIEs swarmed the hyperspace conga line and wrecked them all.

sensible chuckle

how is this even remotely as ridiculous as a planet eating a star

that was the moment at which starwars became irredeemable

good numbers

death star 1 was not accurate enough to hit ships you fucking retard

also how the fuck can you react to something moving at above light speed

just fuck off entirely you retard

Blame JJ Abrams. He pulled the same shit in Star Trek 09 where Spock could just look up and see Vulcan implode from the ice planet he was on

It could hit a big fucking asteroid like what you said, retard.
>also how the fuck can you hit a thing moving at lightspeed
you hit the 100 things not moving at lightspeed that are just standing still waiting their turn to move at lightspeed to keep ramming the damn thing over and over again

retard

It's fucking dubs, not trips. It happens like 10% of the time. You new or bad at math?

I don't know, is that law in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion?

zoom lens

But I thought that he was on Vulcan's moon?

You can't convince me that JJ doesn't hold movies in general with disdain. He has no respect for movies or the people who pay to watch them.

those aren't any old dubs

Fuck off the Malevolance wasn’t using its hyperdrive. The droids literally said it was broken in the clip you utter idiot

No, they literally say that it was auto-aiming at the moon instead of where they wanted to go, and was activating

>
>.

It's hyperspace lasers.

It didn’t jump to hyperspace. It hit the moon at a normal speed

Is there anything that hyperspace CAN'T do?

If that were true than there would be no point whatsoever in specifying that it was the hyperdrive that was being aimed at the moon, as opposed to just hijacked engines or something. You're grasping at straws so thin you'd need a microscope to see them.

Nobody said a big asteroid, and you can fire them from another fucking system, or at least further out than your fighters and other ships. Give up, you admitted ramming works already.

But apparently you can't auto-aim when hyperspace ramming, the targeting computers won't let you or some shit. You have to do it manually and therefore it's only possible for absolute point-blank attacks.

nobody on fucking earth knows what would happen if you drive a ship at hyperspeed into another ship

shut the fuck up

Anakin broke the hyperdrive so that it aimed towards the moon when it was activated you dumb mutt

you'd crack the earth in half like an egg is what you'd do, but SW doesn't into physics as a franchise

It's only possible with hyperactive hyperdrives with astro...turf

Both C3PO and the droid pilots said that the hypedrive was engaging. They are unambiguously telling you that the thing hyperspace boosted straight into the moon and got btfo

I know what happened in TLJ wouldn't happen by the fact that it isn't a common tactic against stupidly big imperial ships.

Except we saw it an hero into the moon at a normal speed

We saw it initiate the jump and immediately explode on the surface.

>Disney's TFA is criticized for being shit but still rides nostalgia to make good money
here's the starting point: Disney expected this to happen again, i.e. fans would point out Hosnian system/hyperspace ramming but most people would still go see it
Now:
>Disney rewards/punishes reviewers
fact
>critics gave inflated reviews to film
fact
>fans watched film, were disappointed by bad writing and incoherent plot, gave bad reviews
fact
>Disney runs PR campaign to boost positive reviews
fact
>second round of "critical" reviews come out, ignoring bad plot and writing and praising "philosophy" and "politics"
fact
>racist dipshit memelords get mad about film
fact
>film commentary society rapidly jumps on second-round criticism to claim most people who didn't like it are just MAGA chuds
fact
>Disney is desperate enough to force actors to issue apologies and retractions for any criticisms
fact
>actors and producers start bringing up the social issues in every interview in days after bad opening numbers
fact

Knowing that, it should be very obvious that this whole meme is being in no small part directed from the top.

And ask yourself this: how big is the market for critical political reviews about fan reviews of a film? Is it naturally such a click-bait topic that even small, niche cultural magazines would publish articles about it? Can you name another film that generated a two week long counter-response to public criticism? Is it such a hot topic that financial reporting websites are still today publishing new articles about how racist TLJ critics are?

Or could it possibly be, just maybe, that a billion dollar company known for demanding good reviews is purchasing these counter-reviews in order to defend their largest franchise?

Okay.

"Never attribute to malice what could equally be explained by stupidity" ~Ho Chin "the Chinese Einstein" Min

He's the failson of a Hollywood family who only has a job because his grandad's cock was one that so many people had to suck.

He probably is just an idiot with nice toys.

You're a sexist a bigot and probably a rapist too.

supposedly they're all planets in the Hosin system. which is where the nu-republic's capital was.

It was a planet in another star system.

No we saw it explode. We never saw the jump initiate. And going by TLJ logic the moon should have shattered on impact

>Using "educated" where you should have used "education".

Displays of stupidity always seem to happen when attempting to call out anothers stupidity.

Nice one, silly.

This.

>manifested by those whose alignment was with the dark side of the Force.
Bullshit, that based Ithorian jedi in the last episode of the clone wars had that badass double throated force roar that spooked grevious.

except that it wasn't until the New Republic that Womyn finally got control of ships so they could make fatal driving errors

film is a visual medium you fucktarded idiot. you're allowed to sacrifice some realism for the sake of the composition.

Thanks

less mass means less gravitational pull, they are clearly made of a special low density material

>And going by TLJ logic the moon should have shattered on impact
No, because according to Pablo (the head loreman in Disney) in these tweets , once the target mass gets sufficiently greater than the ramming mass, it simply can't OHKO it anymore. So the Malevolence wouldn't have been able to shatter the moon. At most it would have made a really really big/deep crater in it. Hence why you can't reasonably hyperspace kamikaze the Death Star with X-Wings. The X-Wings are too tiny relative to the Death Star to make much of an impact.

You're an idiot and probably a fag.

are you allowed to sacrifice focus for "the sake of composition", you fucking hack?

>She told him to get his head out of his cockpit. He was a good friend.

It's not malice, it's just that he doesn't respect what movies are. All he cares about is money. If asked about plot holes and ooc moments he would his most honest response would probably be "it's just a movie".

the lense flare has nothing to do with the composition here but yeah you're allowed to forego removing it for the sake of the visual language you're trying to express. there's plenty of examples of visually manipulating things that wouldn't really look like they would IRL if you're going for a certain style. but go on bitching about autistic shit like "hrmm well actually da planets look too close, I know because I've been in space"

If thats a planet those are some fucking huge ships

>tfw no more stories about Commander Fordo

>1488
whew

> George threw it in, once
> in cartoon
lol you're one of those fags that think George wrote the scripts and watch the cartoon? and probably thought that the EU was canon?
LMAO

>when all you have is a hammer

>a film school kid defends rich Hollywood dynastic directors who don't care or understand "visual language"

They will never let you join their club, user. You will never get your script adapted, they will never give you a chance.

Don't carry water for these hacks who can't tell a story to save their life and have to rely on expensive computer effects to earn their praise.

Yfw an actual good movie like BR2049 gets panned because normies don't like the idea of having to think while watching a slow detective movie

I have no interest in pursuing film as a career this is just basic common sense. it applies the same way to painting. you can manipulate the figures in a painting because people see objects and distances and shapes, they don't look immediately at a picture and notice whether something is in perfect perspective or not. and we're talking about star wars where planets blow up like confetti, it's not exactly hard science.