Non troll/ Dicksucking Samurai Jack thread

This is a thread for SJ fans that have had legit gripes with the series so far. If you have nothing but good things to say and think Season 5 has been 10/10 throughout, then keep on walking. This thread isn't for you.

Otherwise, post your criticisms of the season so far and discuss your expectations(if you still have any) of the final episode of this embarrassment.

>You have to be a troll or dicksucker to enjoy the new season

You are THIS mad.

That's not even what he said.

thats not what I meant at all.

How the fuck can they solve the plot with one episode left??

She ruined everything.

Easy.
They rush everything out and resolve the conflict with an ass pul no doubt.

it's literally gonna be this
>ashi overcomes aku's control
>uses her powers to beat aku
>sends jack back in time using her new powers
>scotsman shows up last minutes as a joke because he'll want jack's help to beat aku even though aku has been beaten.

Fuck, I forgot about Scottsman.

I was expecting him and Jack to reunite 2 episodes ago.

Seriously, how is the finale gonna get wrapped up without being rushed as fuck? The Guardian got killed off-screen, the cult still exists and barely explained, Jack's sword is in Aku's grasp, Jack is imprisoned or chained up, and the Scotsman hasn't made his appearance yet.

The finale WILL suck because Genndy had to force Ashi in, if that baboon-headed mary-sue had died with her sisters then we wouldn't have such an unsatisfying ending, and that sucks a lot because the first three episodes were so goddamn good.

Genndy Dick-Sucking Patrol out in full force again.

It wouldn't have been so bad if she had been a character since the earlier seasons, then the build up of all of this would have felt more meaningful rather than just some romantic sub-plot cooked up in the final ten episodes just to end the series.

>What is the thread title

I'm liking season 5. I don't mind Ashi (aside from that weird design choice with her mouth srsly wtf) and I think she could've been inplemented very well, but

Pacing and wuick shifts in tone. Seriously why the fuck did Genndy decide on only 10 fucking episodes.

No where does it say you are a troll/dicksucer if you enjoy the series. You just have low expectations. Like a baby giggling at keys being dangled in his face.

Threads lately have been plagued by retards, like you that immediately jump to the defense of the show and dismiss anyone's criticism as them being "mad" or "virgins" is what I meant.

The number of episodes isn't the problem. Gennedy's writing is.

Well atleast last night's episode explained where her retard strength came from.

I guess the only problem I have with the show is the realization after the luster of the first three episodes that Samurai Jack never was and never will be as great of a show narratively as it is in it's techniques telling it. It's always been a basic show that made great on it's premise because of it's good direction. Season 5 ain't the best thing ever but for what it is it's been great and it's been fun.

I do think Ashi hate is a little overblown. If you're going to establish a love interest for Jack it's hard to imagine a character better suited for him than her, and the latest episode actually gave their romance a narrative purpose, even if you could've seen it coming from a mile away (but again, I can't call that a bad thing - you could see Jack killing one of the sisters in the second episode coming from a mile away as well and that was fantastic). It's going to have to be someone not established because despite Jack's connections none of them did anything to make his years of suffering easier, and Ashi is just the similar kind of "fucked up" to pull Jack out of his slump - though I will say if the argument is "does Jack even need a love interest" then yeah that's a fair thing to discuss.

Showrunners rarely get to decide on the amount of episodes a season gets. It's the channels/companies that pay for the syndication. I'm sure Genndy would've taken 20 episodes if he could but had to make due. If nothing else I think the smaller format avoids bloat and doesn't make it outstay it's welcome, even if it feels like it could've used one or two more episodes considering where we are in the story.

REEEEEE THE SHOW ISN'T DOING THE THINGS I WANT IT TOO WORST SEASON EVER GENDY A HACK

I can't wait for a Gravity Falls-tier disappointing finale that will make everyone hate the show forever

REEEEEEE PEOPLE ARE CRITICIZING MY FAVORIT SHOW GENDDY IS A GOD NO DIFFERENT OPINIONS ALLOWED

I gave up last week.

When I first heard about the Ashi stuff in the leaks after ep. 3 I thought, "that could be interesting." But oh my god how fucking wrong I was. No wonder the first 3 episodes were so good, they completely burnt out.

I thought the Gravity Falls finale was great. But if anything I guess that show and this one reinforces how I guess I expect too little out of shows like this and am not sure what a "satisfying" ending would be - especially after it's been over a decade since this show existed.

All I wanted was to see a conclusion to the Guardian's fight. Just a fair fight before Aku showed up to get the portal.

But Genndy just had to pull the "I destroyed all portals lmao" bullshit and now Jack is stuck fighting Ashi.

Would Sup Forums have liked the episode more if half of it was dedicated to Jack fighting and then defeating the guardian only to have Aku show up at the last second and destroy the portal?
>Whew, that was a close one! Looks like I missed one. Now THAT was the last portal in existence!

People came down way too hard on the end of GF. it had some cool and surprising shit going for it, not Avatar tier.

Season 5 has been 10/10 throughout.

I feel like everyone complaining about ashi's introduction and the guardian not being around either didn't watch much of the original or has trouble grasping themes and consequence in storytelling.

>Why didn't Jack fight Aku by jumping good last fight?? Jump good was an entire episode and it even ended on a cliffhanger!! I'm dropping this show because they didn't mention jump good!!

That's how it sounds. The guardian would've added nothing tonally to the series except for five minutes of cool fight scenes, and if you included him and his portal you'd have to either write the entire fucking ending around it or have aku crush it at the last second, making even more filler. The story in season 5 is about Jack's continued loss while on his journey as a man out of time, and his development as a person.

Yeah, it would've been EPIC to see guardian and jack face off. It also would've been EPIC to see the haunted house be mentioned, or for jack to fight demongo, or for da samoorai to save jack, or for the scotsman's wheelchair to turn into a fucking mech. None of that shit happened because it adds nothing to the overarching story or theme, and it only distracts from the rest. There's only 10 episodes.

>b-b-b-buh ashi is bad and we could've removed her.

The point of Ashi isn't for shipping and anyone that thinks so after this episode is a fucking gibbering retard. The entire point of Ashi as a concept is to give Jack another thing to lose, and raise actual stakes on him going back to the past. It gives the ending CONSEQUENCE. Now Jack has to choose between staying in the future (and abandoning his family in the past), or going back to kill aku (thereby erasing Ashi and everyone else he knows). It not only adds a way back to the past through Ashi's powers, but also fucking choice in the matter. It's opening up for a more interesting ending.

Then fuck off, no one cares. Its not like you have anything to add to the discussion other than "its good because I like it"

t. tumblr

You know, having nothing bad to say about something is just as constructive as having nothing good to say. You people that "like everything" are what's wrong with western animation.

You don't need to be anywhere close to a god to be much, much better at writing than random Sup Forums autists are. I don't know why you think you're good enough at storytelling to deserve to criticize it because you're definitely not.

t. asshurt manbaby

It's good because I like it.

>A'ight then... so... the pajama wearing knight guy isn't doin' so well 'gainst his enemy, General T'sao.

>an' just like when it feels that all hope is lost, an' he's ready to lose it all, suddenly he's rescued by the one thing he never expected.

>Little monkey lady fellow

Be a little less obvious next time.
Thanks for bumping the thread though

You know i could accept that bu;;shit excuses to get rid of his inner demons hell or that the gods could randomly give jack sword back serology wtf y didn't they help jack in earlier seasons

No when ashi did complete 180 became bullshit romance.No one wanted or the fact she killed her mother with 0 build no pay off and never brought up again no flash backs no explanation how her mother found jack in first place>And if she could jack y didn't she kill him her self years ago.There just few glaring problems you can see after episode 5

p.s dear Jesus the Scotsman death gonna be completely meaningless i know it

>wtf y didn't they help jack in earlier seasons

Why doesn't God help people in real life?

Because he's an asshole and doesn't care about our problems?

Unironically this.
The moment she became a main character there was a clear drop in quality.

The gods are busy dealing with the rest of the thing aku split off from, they cant be fucked wasting any more effort than they have to on like 0.1% of the problem

see

I THINK IT'S A MONKEY WEARING LEDERHOSEN

Theres a reason nobody replied to your post user.

That's literally what the thread title is.

That wasn't me, but why

What the fuck are you talking about?

What the fuck do you know about what I like dipshit. I'm fucking disinterested in pretty much every fuckinn cartoon that is out today. I just loke the animation medium.

Except its not....
Seriously you people have trouble understanding what OP meant

He's saying that this THREAD is not for trolling or dicksucking the season and throwing nothing but praise at it. You can still enjoy it but criticize some aspects that just were plain bad.

It all feels a bit rushed, like they wanted to hit too many plot points without enough episodes to do it in.
If they had gotten two seasons, it might have felt more natural.
>Have season 5 be episodes 1 through 8, padded out a bit more to be told across 10 episodes, with Scaramouch reaching Aku bumped in.
>Season 6 is more of a half-season, first four episodes spent fleshing out Jack and Ashi's relationship more, sprinkling hints of her latent Aku blood, and Scotsman and his daughters rallying forces, up to today's episode, and then the finale.

You have to be a troll or dicksucker to genuinely think this season is 10/10.

There's tons of flaws. It's a 9/10 at best

Calm down bro its just a prank.

I like to think that Ashi is the last portal. Between her legs lies a vagina-sized portal to the past.
Imagine the epic battle:
>Aku and Jack fight in the past
>Aku tears open portal and hurls Jack into the future
>Suddenly a small portal slit opens on the past battle field
>Jack's dick starts thrusting in and out of the past
>Ashi's pussy portal is tied to the same point of time, so every time they fuck another portal slit appears on the past battlefield and Jack's cock starts thrusting in and out
>Aku in the past is left in the fetal position, sobbing as countless samurai cocks start appearing out of thin air and thrust in and out of reality
>It only ends one Aku is covered in a heavy layer of the Jack's salty leavings
>Bukkaku
>WHATCHA!

Yeah I do think his writing is passable -mediocre but I didn't watch the original show just for writing. I liked the visuals, slow-pace, blah blah blah people have said it before.
I think he and his crew could've made the story work. Change certain things and have better thought in pacing.

Season 5 has a bunch of issues in my eyes.

>Being limited to 10 episodes already put a strain on what could be shown in the air time they had
>10 episodes however could of easily done a Jack redemption vs Aku story
>Instead we get 3 episodes which built it up really well before then trailing off to a character we barely knew.
>Aku taking a back seat was a terrible choice
>Ashi wasnt a terrible choice, however there was no way to develop her outside of her taking up Jacks or Aku's screen time, a choice which many fans hate.
>As a whole, the story feels rushed and lacking
>Animation wise is a mixed bag.
>Some scenes look stunning while others lack the depth and style of the orignal 4 seasons.
>The action in season 5 is a step down compared to the pervious 4 seasons, still good however.
>Character design is still good
>The way they draw some characters are a little off, Jack looks alot more bland in Season 5 once he was redeemed looking slightly off from his old self.
>Ashi looks like a goddamn monkey when drawn profile

>The biggest problem is pacing
>Alot of elements you'd expect to be fleshed out are abruptly ended and alot of elements you'd expect to end just seem to keep going on.

Even with all these issues, I still like season 5 even if it was lacking in areas.

>It's a "The Protagonist suddenly abandons the point of their entire quest because of the newly established literally-who/mary-sue/love-interest character" plot twist

This and Sym-bionic Titan show that for all that he's good at, Genndy is not good at sequential long form storytelling. The Ashi shit should've played out over two seasons for instance and been a slower burn.

>could of

god damnit, don't respond to it

you're literally proving the point faggot

>doing the jashi episode RIGHT before the episode where aku manipulates jashi to win
as a daughterfag i don't really care that jashi exists but i wish it were developed before the LOL INNUENDOS episode. i probably would've preferred if that episode was scrapped and the romance was developed naturally throughout a series of episodes + more time would've been given to smooth things out a little more. i kind of get why the writers would go for this kind of thing but with the way it is it feels shallow and arbitrary. i dunno.

>good points in that post
>IT'S TROLLING YOU CAN'T LIKE ASHI

That's also not what he says nor is that what happened in the show

>Why didn't Jack fight Aku by jumping good last fight??

I find this complaint funny because he never jumped good in the original series, except once to beat the Scotsman at a challenge.

Part of the problem was doing that retarded 50 year time skip. Make it 5 years and that works just as fine. Jack's not too old now and it still gives you the opportunity to meaningfully use previous characters. That princess from the episode with the mercenary group would've been much better in Ashi's role as a female partner for Jack and would've been a lot more believable as a romantic partner.

Nah.
Take your bait somewhere else. There's dozens of threads where you can be an epik troll and pretend to be retarded

WEB-DL FUCKING WHEN?

You implying thats what we got?

He had it just be Jack and Aku with Jack believing in himself in order to stand up to The Omen by himself, Without the Daughters of Aku clogging up the episodes, there would be more than enough time for other stuff to be fleshed out.

Genndy himself said he only wanted 10 episodes.

no user, he's merely pointing out your grammatical mistake

It literally did happen though. He dropped his sword and refused to fight back against Ashi/Aku for a character that has only been his ally for 5 out of 62 episodes.

Ah, sure sucks english not being my native tongue. How is it meant to be spelt?

That was my point, user. There's numerous things in old jack like the guardian that were never mentioned again because it was an episodic series. If you're pissed off because "the guardian should've returned!!" then why aren't you pissed off about the dozen other plot threads that might be relevant and won't return either? The Guardian wasn't a special episode. It was just the one a lot people decided to hype up because it had a cool ending.

it's "could have". as a contraction it's "could've" which sounds like "could of" but the latter is just wrong. it's a common mistake.

What the fuck were you expecting? Samurai Jack the 70 year old virgin noblebright murdering the girl he likes? That would've been completely out of character.

>suffers massive breakdown from losing the sword
>hope is lost
>meets a girl who helps him
>finally recovers
>oh shit she's aku
>AGAIN

what did you expect?

This

We don't always get what we want

If Jack doesnt get a happy ending I will hunt Genny down by myself.

It's a catalyst for everything else, user. Why the hell did you think there was an entire journey montage of them revisiting all the people he helped find peace in the series? If he kills aku in the past all of those people get erased from time, too, but you can't just pull that moral dilemma out from thin air at the end.

So you go: Ashi is part of aku > Killing Aku in the past will cause Ashi to never exist > Jack feels like that's tantamount to killing > Killing Aku in the past will kill everyone he's ever known and saved for the past 50 years

It adds interesting conflict to the ending. Making a moralistic and redeemed Jack choose between what's essentially a 4th dimensional trolley problem is a lot more interesting than just killing aku and right into the happy ending.

ashi dies user
happy endings are for faggots

I dont care about Ashi

I just want Jack to be happy one way or another

>I read this in their voices
GET OUT OF MY HEAD

or bring back dan vs

good part is that jack gets back to the past

It's the funniest place to take bait, seeing how infantile your responses are

>N-n-no one disagree with me, I want my hugbox intact REEEEEEEE

>durr, you're not as good as the chef, you have no right to criticize he burnt your food!

You're a retard, please give yourself a vasectomy so you can't pass your stupidity into your offsprings.

This season has been a legit 10/10 though. What is this place where you don't want to see opposing views now, Reddit?

No, it's objectively not, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself.

>saying anything is a 10/10
Idiot.

>WHATCHA!
Okay, that one got me

But it's true.

>anyone who doesn't like the same things I do is a dumblr bogeyman!!!

It's good, but it's got too many issues pacing-wise to be a real 10/10. I'd give it a 7 (using 5 as the average score).

Holy shit, my sides

This exists with our without ashi. Spending 4 episodes on her, when they could have spent 2 fleshing out the world 50 years later, showing jack the fruits of his work would create the same dilemma.

So you believe this has been nothing but perfect story telling and animation.

Naw dude, it's hot garbage. Genndy should do everybody a favor and take his fat ass back to Russia. This whole season was a rushed hack job mess.

Missed last night's episode, can someone give me a quick rundown?

I miss when trolls actually put effort into their shitposts instead of deliberately acting retarded.

Why would a good chef burn your food? Wouldn't he at least notice it before it got to you?

I don't hate Ashi but did Jack really have to go full retard over a chick he just met like 2 episodes ago.

I can get he's not into killing innocents but it's basically his life purpose. Get your shit together.

Also after thinking Episode 8 was a pile of shit I thought Episode 9 was quite good. The Guardian got retconned but that was sort of inevitable. It started off really slow, with more of that hehe girls humour but then it picked up since Jack actually met Aku and something happened with Ashi.

Did you guys dislike Episode 9? Why? I thought it was fine, and though there are a lot of loose ends I sort of think it can be tied together. If the Guardian can be killed off in a scene then other things can be quickly wrapped up too.

I will say the since Episode 4 the fight scenes have been shit. I thought we'd get the Guardian this episode and get something cool but nope. Also, who was that little black figure that told Ashi where Jack was on her search for him a few episodes ago? Irrelevant?