/who/ - doctor who general

led /who/ die, this is the last thread. pay your respects edition

died before regeneration

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/04/doctor-who-review-thin-ice-season-10-episode-3-recap-spoilers-1201810880/
youtube.com/watch?v=QblSqNmbdWs
youtube.com/watch?v=gXLxxZPcu5Q
solarmoviez.ru/movie/doctor-who-season-10-18574/1161819-14/watching.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GOATest classic companion? I vote Brig

someone write a shit trip about Rory, Prisoner Zero and Ten

>david tennant
>arthur darvill
>david bradley
>jodie whittaker
>chris chibnall
>eve myles

how does this even happen

UK has 14 actors

well, 14 and a half, including warwick davis

so what did chibbers actually do for the entirety of the capaldi era?

And James Corden accounts for roughly a quarter of those.

he wrote and produced 3 seasons of broadchurch, have you been absent lately

Let's assume that Chinball shits the bed with Series 11 and he's forced to end the season with a new regeneration. Now you've been appointed with taking charge of Series 12. Also assume that during this time you're short a team of writers and instead it's up to you to pen 13 episodes. Post the tiles to your thirteen episodes as well as anything else you'd like to include.

>Every episode could be a standalone (although there will be an overarching arc throughout). I would want to do a better Series 7 with every episode having a different companion contingent on circumstances
>While I'm not sure what kind of Doctor I want, I think 7 would be a perfect fit for these episodes

1. Planted Skulls Pt. 1 (possibly change)
2. Orchard of Bones Pt. 2
3. Faithless
4. The Soul Machine
5. Creep
6. Dying Light Pt. 1
7. Burning Bright Pt. 2
8. Citizen Macra
9. Sermon of Steel
10. Face Off Pt. 1
11. All New You Pt. 2
12. Don't Fear the Reaper Pt. 1
13. No One Lives Forever Pt. 2

indiewire.com/2017/04/doctor-who-review-thin-ice-season-10-episode-3-recap-spoilers-1201810880/

powerful stuff

>Moffat writes your episode

>It's a two parter

>Moffat

James Corden is a fat cunt.

please tell me Pearl's not gay irl I NEED to breed her

reminder

Not to mention about as funny as brain cancer.

Rank Doctor Incarnations.
>I have limited experience to OldWho but I tried my best.

1. 9th Doctor
>A doctor born of the time war. Scarred and trying to hold it in to the best of his ability. Since the war's end he now calls himself Doctor which is a departure from his prior incarnation.

2. 12th Doctor
>A Doctor born in battle having to defend Trenzalore for centuries. Initially off putting but caring to a point of infinite sacrifice. This Doctor is one of my favorites.

3. 8th Doctor
>His Big Finish titles have cemented that this incarnation of the Doctor is amazing. His stories in the Time War portray a Doctor out of his comfort zone and trying his best to mitigate the loss of life in an impossible Situation.

4. War Doctor
>John Hurt brought to life an incarnation of the Doctor shunned by his future regenerations. While he wasn’t as horrible as he makes him out to be, he’s forced to make difficult choices because no one else will.

5. 6th Doctor
>Big Finish has expanded this Doctor to be significantly more complex than anticipated. Leaps and bounds more caring than his itial TV appearance.

6. 7th Doctor
>The definition of masterful manipulator. He incorporated centuries of personable experience to achieve his goals. One of the scarier versions.

7. 1st Doctor
>The epitome of a crotchety old man going on sci fi adventures. He's like a less douchey Rick from Rick and Morty

8. 3rd Doctor
>The James Bond of Doctor Incarnations.

9. 4th Doctor
>The definition of cosmic space hobo. Absolutely extraordinary.

10. 11th Doctor
>Described as an old man in a young man's body. Significantly more manipulative than his appearance suggest.

11. 10th Doctor
>A weird combination of brilliant, cheeky, and selfish. Nice to see a flawed Doctor that gradually gets worse and worse.

12. 2nd Doctor
>Best descrived as "The Clown" I feel like 11 wouldn't exist without this version.

13. 5th Doctor
>I need to listen to more big Finish because he seems the most elusive to me.

Why would I want to listen to Marigold's shite when I could be listening to some Keff McCulloch, some Malcolm Clarke or even a nice bit of Carey Blyton?
youtube.com/watch?v=QblSqNmbdWs
Unironically one of my all time favourite classic Who scores.

get some tastes man

I fucking loved the scene where the Captain salutes at Twelve through the perception filter and turns around in doubt. Fucked if that variation of 'A Good Man?' isn't titled 'The Good Man.'

MUH

replacing the "?" with a "." would be kino

>a good man?
>a good man.

I know you're memeing, but I unironically love the Death to the Daleks score. Both Blyton's scores are incredibly cool and distinctive.

youtube.com/watch?v=gXLxxZPcu5Q

Where can I watch the 2017 christmas special?

Every god damn site I go to has no working video.

>I know you're memeing
Seriously I'm not. I love Death to the Daleks. The music is one of its best parts.

He planned an amazing sequel to his masterpiece Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

solarmoviez.ru/movie/doctor-who-season-10-18574/1161819-14/watching.html

Thank god, I thought I was basically alone in that opinion. I know Death to the Daleks is a meme, but I love it too.

>Spaceships in a Dinosaur

Is it true Marigold is leaving after S11?

>tfw no fantastic voyage style episode inside a dinosaur

classic who music is literally shite

at least murray gold actually makes songs

It was the only Who video I had for years. I played until it wore out.

Reminder that Doctor Who lied to you all and real police boxes were made of concrete, not wood

The Radiophonic Workshop went to shit around the time Tom Baker became the Doctor.

I know. We had one in our village when I were a lad.

New TARDIS design revealed

Death to the Daleks is fucking hilarious. "Stop, don't move" is a classic, of course, but an underrated moment is when we see that the Daleks keep little models of the TARDIS on their ship for target practice. How do those things even get made?

(nice meme)

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2.5
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the third /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction, because following the success of Shit Trips 1 and 2, /who/ has started another anthology of wondrous tales. God help us.

This time, the rules will be a tad different, as in we actually have rules now. The stories must be about:

> alternate Doctors (original Doctors, fanmade Doctors, Unbound Doctors, Doctors of wild divergence from canon)

> spinoff characters from audios, books, comics, etc (Torchwood, Erimem, Faction Paradox, Vienna, Sarah Jane Adventures, Iris Wildthyme, etc)

>companion focused stories (stories with the companion facing a threat, or dealing with life, WITHOUT the Doctor)

Besides that, no limits (and your story can be in more than one category above).

>Can still be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".

>the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck

Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.

Rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin or google drive works well.) And remember to mention, preferably in your work post, what you want your author moniker to be, which doesn't have to be your real name. Also, if you write in Shit Trips 2.5, you get a billion dollaroos.

Remember, it doesn’t matter if it’s shit, just have fun! Deadline is April 2nd.

Sir I think your TARDIS has autism

what the fuck is that.

>the Daleks keep little models of the TARDIS on their ship for target practice.
If you don't find this cute as fuck then you have no soul.

This makes me uncomfortable.
I'm a little hazy on the subject, but is the City of Death score made under the Radiophonic Workshop? Because it's GOAT.

IT LOOKS LIKE A FUCKING BURN VICTIM

TARDIS graveyard.

Where are they? Are they up for rescue and adoption?

o.0

Dudley Simpson was a freelancer. Radiophonic Workshop did nearly all the scores between 1980 and 1985, as well as The Wheel in Space and The Seas Devils earlier.

delete this please

>it's a two parter
>the second part has a time skip and is set in a different location and you never see the resolution to the first part's cliffhanger
>Moffat

I see. The scores of 80s Who are extremely hit and miss imo. Mostly miss. I like most of Peter Howell's work, and the Earthshock soundtrack is really strong. Same with Caves of Androzani. The McCoy era's music is pretty tragic, what with all the Keffcore. Mark Ayers was obviously an improvement, but his music never particularly jumped out at me.

That one City of Death theme in Paris is the only remarkable thing he did. I watched the DVD interview with him and he said he got hired to do background music than doesn't get in the way and I guess that's what he made. The Paris one is the only time it rises to your attention.

I just saw the guy died last month, that sucks. :/

I am going to write something lewd and I won't reveal any more than that

Salvage.

If I were to start Doctor Who from the beginning starting with The Unearthly Child going until Twice Upon a Time (with Torchwood included at certain parts), what exactly am I in for?
>I know it's going to take a while, but I'm interested in seeing Doctor Who from start to current.

I am too, based on a certain mini-episode.

Haven't seen the christmas special yet. Is it "fucking kill me now"-tier or merely "I wish to die but in a more general less-immediate sense"-tier?

Alright, that's also fine.

Yeah, a lot of his earlier work encompassing "background music" is still really strong though imo. I just rewatched Spearhead from Space, the score in that is really nice.

Have any of the new companion actors made anything worth seeing in the past?

All three seem to hail from soap operas and game shows which makes me feel worried.

The vines growing on it are aesthetic as fuck.

can I include illlustrations in my lewd fic?

Back, from beyond the grave.

It's an awesome experience. t. someone who's seen it it all
Watching new ideas of how to tell Doctor Who stories develop right in front of your eyes is fascinating and when you're through you'll feel like you have some actual authority to talk about Doctor Who as a whole.

I don't know how familiar you are with the 60s stuff, but some of it is really slow if you're not used to it, and large chunks are missing to boot. But it's a GOAT era if you're willing to absorb yourself into it.

Including Torchwood is a strange choice. Any particular reason you'd choose that and not, say, The Sarah Jane Adventures?

haven't most nuwho companions been from soap operas first?

Karen, no. Billie, no. Catherine Tate, don't think so. Jenna, yes. Can't speak for the others.

Illustrations are encouraged

Is this someone's mockup? Looks like a decent attempt.

yep

Concerning some of the 60s stuff, I'm not too turned off by slow paced stories as long as either the character development or story payoff is worth it. It will be an ordeal, but it's one I look forward to undertaking.

>Any particular reason you'd choose that and not, say, The Sarah Jane Adventures?
I don't have The Sara Jane Adventures but I'll look into snagging it.

Mandip did some good acting in some showreel I saw.

Yes.

Would've been kino if the Moff era TARDIS exterior had deliberately been made incrementally more weathered each year.

Tbh I've always wanted to design my own TARDIS exterior but I'm afraid I'd be criticised by the likes of Clayton Hickman because of muh accuracy

Pearl Mackie must bear my children!

It's Clayton Hickman, who cares what he thinks.

Considering how utterly nonuniform policeboxes are (or at least have become), I wouldn't give a rats ass what Hickman has to say. I'm interested in seeing your take.

>the paint periodically gets refreshed, only to dull for a few seasons, before being repainted again
Shit's fucking kino

Just go and do it. Who cares what Hickman thinks?

Obviously I don't literally mean Hickman! But some people get very anal about that stuff.

I wanna research police boxes more too, it seems like a very interesting topic (in the same way I love seeing the variations in Capaldi's costumes!).

Time for a new thread,

First they came for Star Wars, and I did not speak out, because I was not a Star Wars fan.

Then they came for Ghostbusters, and I did not speak out, because I did not like Ghostbusters.

Then they came for Star Trek, and I did not speak out, because I was not a Trekkie.

Then they came for Doctor Who, and there was no one left to speak for us.

such beautiful poetry

>not the first post from this IP
I don't like the idea that you were sat here watching this thread progress in a perfectly nice fashion and THEN decided to try and ruin it with autism. At least have the courtesy of being a drive-by.

>Neo: Moffat
>McGanon: Eight
>Edge: Ten
>Lym: Jess
>Cloister: Clara
>Cats: Missy
>Guy: Amy
>Kinda: War Master
>Wanderer: Rose
>FNA: Ianto
>Chantho: Chantho
>Judy: Simm!Master
>Immigrant: Sally Sparrow

wtf atleast give me foxes

I've had academic writing published.

The Jubilee entry is absolutely fantastic.

The quote gets memed because it's funny Simon Pegg of all people said it (although it makes sense for him to, on reflection), but there's a lot of truth to it.

Something I find very appealing about Claudia is that she usually doesn't just write off other people's positions, she falls into some thought-terminating stuff but tends to make an effort instead of going full groupthink all the time.

Just TV? Doable, although you may want to take breaks from it now and again. You'll get a lot out of it. Including other media is when it becomes unfeasible for the majority of people.

I am a big fan of Moffat, although there are a few Doctor Who writers I like better.

its weird how Moffat can still sometimes put together something great half the time with the other half being utter shit

>Guy: Amy

>there are a few Doctor Who writers I like better.
Shearman, for sure. Who else? Paul Cornell?

He did some writing for Broadchurch which is a boring procedural and that is where he got whittaker cunt from.

>>Wanderer: Rose
>implying I want to be cucked like Mickey

>boring procedural
Actually agree with this desu