'Last Jedi' Grosses Are Collapsing With The Worst Daily Holds Of All 9 Star Wars Movies

OH NO NO NO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a846335/disney-star-wars-movies-make-back-4-billion-lucasfilm-cost/
vulture.com/2017/12/why-star-wars-the-last-jedi-isnt-a-box-office-failure.html
twitter.com/BORReport/status/946789407159238656
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

WHAT HAVE I BECOME MY DISNEY FRIENDS
ALL MY PROFITS GO AWAY IN THE END

more like The Last Movie lmfao

I like how RoS bumped up on day 3, the sign of a true kinograph.

Dubs decides what the Mouse-shills blame next for this shit tanking.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
thank god

Have they blamed Trump himself?

here goes 2 billion...

digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a846335/disney-star-wars-movies-make-back-4-billion-lucasfilm-cost/

Nice try, alt-rightists. The Mouse never loses.

wypipo

they already blamed: Sup Forums, russia, alt-right, neo-nazis

Antisemitism

dont forget the weather and christmas

>No spamming or flooding of any kind. No intentionally evading spam or post filters.

I bet a big reason why TFA made so much was because people went to 2nd or even 3rd showings. Even if you thought the plot was meh there still was enough visual action and nostalgia going on that you might go again.

With TLJ there's nothing to bring people back.

They have even blamed the prequels

AYO DEY POPPED SHEEV

This is outdated. It's now poised to pass a billion this weekend at 16 days compared to TFA' 12

Remember when Disney forced theaters to keep it screening for 4 weeks.

Not only that, but the main narrative now is that the movie was trying to let go off the past, with several people saying that the movie simply wasn't for actual fans who disliked it.
Good luck trying to get those fans that have kept the brand alive to go re watch it

not spamming or flooding.
maybe there should just be a /starwars/ general if you are whining about me posting it more than once.

I evaded no spam or post filters either, if I get banned I either appeal it or wait out the 3 days.

>not spamming
lol

LucasFilm likely got hundreds of millions of dollars if not over a billion to give EA a contract

Merchandise and home video is selling good

There is also money they can make from their themeparks when they build Star Wars sections in two parks and a star wars hotel

Disney also got Indiana Jones, ILM, and Skywalker Sound which all make money as well.

Then there is money they'll likely make from star wars and Indiana Jones on one of their streaming services

And Disney won't be done making and licensing movies, games, comic books, novels etc. about this stuff for a long time

Man imagine if WB could actually make use of all of the familiarity people have built up over time with DC characters through comic books and SuperFriends and Justice League tv shows and actually make good movies and games that aren't about Batman that lots of people want to see, enjoy, and play like Marvel and LucasFilm does.

netflix people don't want to go to the cinema anymore. americlaps ruining e erything

don't think you know what spam means.
your definition would classify 90% of this board as spam, and if you're a janitor you sure are not doing your job

So you're saying it's doing 33% worse. Got it.

This. Episode IX will sell even more merchandise Yassssss

That's 25% worse..

4 is one third of 12. 12+4=16.

Based Revenge of the Sith

how are the toy sales?

The worst part is they'll blame everyone but themselves. Mark will probably be on the worst end of it.

Excellent

op article is a week old

Bitcoin.

It already made a billion.

Yeah it's also 1/4 of 16. 16÷12 = .75
It's doing 25% worse than TFA

Ageism

Whatever helps you sleep at night mouse shill.

Mexico

No beaners allowed in the House of Mouse!

Coco 2 cancelled forever!

vulture.com/2017/12/why-star-wars-the-last-jedi-isnt-a-box-office-failure.html

The fact that this article has to exist speaks volumes.

Groyper Twitter

Lol, but trips don't count.

It saddens me how much I read and post in TLJ threads despite not seeing it.

They'll take responsibility for their mistakes and rightfully blame themselves.

Those are trips not dubs.

themselves

They will double down on Mark Hamil.

Sup Forums.
They will name us specifically. Screencap this.

i haven't seen it either tbqh

Mark's been threatened for what I assume was a defamation suit once the numbers plummeted.
Hence the whole #humbledhamill tweet.

The only good thing about this movie was those cute little things and that's because they have a team who's job is just to make up characters like this that are engineered to be likeable.

They'll blame Kathleen and replace her with somebody with a modicum of sense in his brain.

fuck porgs

Star Wars is finished nobody likes it anymore!

space niggers

At least Rogue One respected the source material.

TFA and TLJ just shit all over 4 decades of world building and characterization.

JJ

We have a winner

It's recovered its earnings. It got screwed by the day Christmas fell on. It's still too early to tell how this movie shakes out.

twitter.com/BORReport/status/946789407159238656

Jar Jar it is then

I hope this movie shows other studios Star Wars isn't invincible so they don't cede the holidays to them anymore.
These numbers continue to be inflated by the lack of competition and the theaters they are forced into.

Fitting.

Current FBI.

the chad return of the sith vs the virgin nuwars

climate change

Male Feminists

I don't like this so I'm rerolling for them to BLAME George Lucas

Cis white males.

SEETHING

>tfw a friend and I went and we were the only people in the theater

Jeff Jarrett it is!

People paying that cunt are as delusional and hateful as her.
They will blame Sup Forums.

Ironic

>contexy and expectations mean nothing

RO is actually a pretty decent movie, the only thing that really offended me was the 'hammerhead' cruiser ramming the star destroyers into each other. That was some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

And no matter how bad that shit was, it doesn't destroy the internal logic of SW movies like magic hyperspace cutter blast.

>all the news in google feed claims the movie is making money, etc
>4chins say it's a huge failure
>rlm pees on it, mocking it gently
>adam savage and his soiboi crew likes it
>angry joe hates it
What's going on, whon ti believe ??

Vader personally taking out an entire hallway of rebels was stupid. It's projecting later Jedi power creep into the old series. If he could do that, why didn't he do that in the original film?

Power-creep Jedi are some of the worst. They got powerful because they were popular. There's nothing in the original two films that Light sabers are viable at combat at all, and Jedi are seen as hokey, and old fashioned. Light sabers are just ancient weapons Jedi use to hash out their differences since they're traditionalists.

They all went and saw Coco again instead.

Daily reminder only the OT is canon/good.

maybe you should try forming your own opinion!

Is it going to make $1.3 billion? It pretty much has to, right? That's the bare minimum, right?

Return of the jedi is first when we see a bunch of shit that is later blamed on the Prequels. Jedi being powerful frontline soldiers, light sabers being viable weapons, cute kiddy characters that distract from the story to sell toys, Jedi wearing Tatoine clothing (Vader's ghost wears it). It was still a good movie, so we didn't notice at first. But the prequels absolutely took that and ramped up those issues by 100 times. And now even if people say they hate the pequels, they got these ideas stuck in their heads that Jedi should be flipping around taking on 30 soldiers at once.

I think the Jedi as depicted in the first two films works better.

>tanking

It's almost at a billion after 2 weeks.

average every day movie theater employees (aka DUMB GOYS)

I'm waiting for it go on the dollar theaters 4 months from now, I enjoy the cinematic experience, but hate paying full price ( I'm a jew, lol) or sitting in a crowded theater.

>It was still a good movie
Stopped reading there, it's worse than all the prequels.

But didn't TLJ open in more places simultaneously than TFA did? I think the movie is open in a lot more places at this point than TFA was at this point in its life. That means a bigger gross at an earlier point, but that also means it doesn't have much more room to grow.

>There's nothing in the original two films that Light sabers are viable at combat at all, and Jedi are seen as hokey, and old fashioned

Except it's stated they guarded the Republic for generations.

If this were Jumanji, that would be good. That’s pretty bad for a Star Wars movie

>day 1: oh it's a prequel, nobody going to watch that shit after episode 1 and 2 flopped
>day 2: word gets out from the few who watched it "HEY GUYS I WATCHED REVENGE OF THE SITH AND GUESS WHAT IT WAS ACTUALLY FUCKING AWESOME"
>day 3: everyone goes to watch it
indeed

Yes, it wasn't their leadership role as advisors and diplomats in the age of space battleships, but twirling lazer swords and baddies.

AND U CAN TRIGGER IT ALL
MY FEMPIRE OF SHIT

ASS TO ASS

KATHLEEN AND THAT NIGGER WRITER

>Except it's stated they guarded the Republic for generations.

Yeah, in the past. Long time ago. Technology has moved on, and light sabers are the equivalent of actual swords. Blasters are the main weapons now. Now their weapons, and beliefs, are hokey, and ancient and out of place.

Nothing in the original films indicate the Jedi were a major force like 20-30 years ago either. All prequel nonsense.

NOTHING of any god damn significance happens in Eps 1-2. Nothing. Everything could have been handled in the opening crawl. Ep III is when all the significant information happens.

>but muh backstory

Does anyone give a shit what planet Palpatine and whatsherface are from? Does it matter?