This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet. I have an urgent communique for General Hugs

This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet. I have an urgent communique for General Hugs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yaygic0OBSg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes, this is General FIRE AT WILL ON THAT X-WING

Get off my board faggot

>communicating with your enemy
This is how is should have been.

>hugs and holdos
What did they mean by this?

YOU'RE MOM

THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME? YOU LIL SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ILL FUCKIN BLAST YOU BACK TO SPACE MEXICO

>Went from fanatical Spehs Nazi to comic relief baddy in one movie

JUST

Delete this Holonet message IMMEDIATELY

*falls over as Kylo pushes past*

YES, THIS IS GENERAL HUX! CAN YOU HEAR ME?! I LIKE TO GO ON A RANT ON HOW I PLAN TO DESTROY THE REPUBLIC. THANKS.

Go to bed kylo or are you too busy force skyping that jakku whore? The supreme leader will hear about this.

SCRAMBLE FIGHTERS
LOCK ON TURBOLASTER BATTERIES
DO NOT RESPOND TO HIS COMMUNICATION
BLOW HIS FIGHTER OUT OF THE SKY
FIRE PROTON TORPEDOES
DO IT
BUT WHATEVER YOU DO
DO NOT
I REPEAT
DO NOT
RESPOND TO HIS COMMUNICATION

This from the guy who got blindsided from a 30 year old Bird of Prey
>pic related
plasma coils

>star trek characters have better trained soldiers
STAR WARS BTFO

So while he's attacking the dreadnought, at one point Poe looks like he's 'drifting' like they do in Initial D, but in an X-Wing. Is that even possible in space? He literally goes through a perfect circle with his ship and comes up behind the TIE fighters on his tail. How did he do that?

youtube.com/watch?v=Yaygic0OBSg

Generations is the TLJ of TNG movies, anyway.

skillz

well that depends on the design of the ship. With dampeners/boosters, theoretically (i.e. in video games) you would use the opposite force along with engines to guide your path, being in space, with zero resistance, you would just float about until your engines said otherwise, and would effectively get a drift. But the X Wings (to my knowledge) only have the back engines, so I doubt it would be very good at it.

What's First Contact?

Not a movie with a member of the cast of the original iteration of the franchise

>This is Grand Admiral Thrawn of the Imperial Navy. I have an urgent communique for General Bel Iblis.

So Unification (Parts I and II) are The Force Awakens?

The unaired episode bridging Relics and Encounter at Farpoint is TFA

someone keeps saying this, but if you are in space and you blast only one of your "back engines", as long as they're offset laterally from your centre of mass, you will start spinning around like a drift

It looks like he's shifting gears in a car when he does it is my main gripe, it just looks out of place in a starfighter scene in Star Wars compared to what happens in other films. He's really trigger happy and gung ho about war. It's offputting. He looks like he's having too much fun.

What about all those gung-ho happy Naboo fighter jocks?

Which ones? The ones that realized the battles was over?

yeah I'm not saying it wasn't gross. The nuwars space ships dynamics is so unconstrained it's like a kid waving a toy around in the air maybe they did that on purpose

This scene was so awful I was cringing in the theatre.

First think how Xwings are able to barrel roll in space.

So theres 8 way thrusters at the end of each X-Foil.

Up, down, left, front-right, and of course the yuge back ones.

Ties on the other hand have front back up down. You never noticed how they always had shit manueverability compared to the X wings?

So for poe's drift sequence he rolls right out of frame, pumps his front right thrusters to swing around then stops the "drift" with the front left and side thrusters creating the sliding effect with the front thrusters being the inertia anchors

bump

He was hard to take seriously in the first one too.

>It looks like he's shifting gears in a car when he does it is my main gripe, it just looks out of place in a starfighter scene in Star War

I'm not totally able to say offhand, but I'm pretty sure the OT had plenty of this aesthetic. Lucas did do a movie about 50's greasers and SW tech has always been pretty grungy.

Will the First Order ever have an officer that is actually competent?

Yeah but they look like they're serious about what they're doing almost all the time. Poe never looks serious and doesn't seem to value human life.

How would he have reacted?

Order vader to make a tin can out of the x-wing in vicinty

Captain Kannedy seemed like he knew what he was doing, it was Hux's fault he got killed.
He wouldn't have been alerted to it because there's no reason the Empire would respond to that sort of thing. They would probably lose, but it wouldn't be because Tarkin was distracted by banter.

>I'm gonna tear up your fucking dreadnaut dude check it out

Very amusing, young man
[to side]Commander, prepare laser batteries and link them to the source of the signal

I'm holding for general manlet, general manlet are you there?

Those engines are only for accelerating, they have maneuvering thrusters. It's not shown in Star Wars but on the BSG remake the Viper fighters have gas vents or something.

Not with comic relief and quips
thank you marvel/disney for ruining every action movie ever

kek
star wars fangirls just got raped