Do any other Canadafags on this board ever think about old YTV?

Do any other Canadafags on this board ever think about old YTV?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rII-TRBPy7M
youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA
youtube.com/watch?v=bNV1yVcm3uI
youtube.com/watch?v=gt4E_7KyIFg
youtube.com/watch?v=dCZDWOLQtNY&list=PL155E5F54D6B39671
twitter.com/pjfreshphil
youtube.com/watch?v=EBqDyAvv-_M
youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4
youtube.com/watch?v=zNw53pBa970
youtube.com/watch?v=FF38gMdGhYM
youtube.com/watch?v=aJGlnYqYe3c
youtube.com/watch?v=vn7FudWY8Ow
youtube.com/watch?v=nPwgyIsPZVY
youtube.com/watch?v=U3PWT53_hdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vQQu9wesJT8
youtube.com/watch?v=fVtN74SBOjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wJwS1mfj6j4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sometimes
I dont even remember who was hosting before sugar

Not really. I'm more of a teletoon man

youtube.com/watch?v=rII-TRBPy7M

Not really. Even as a kid I didn't find their shtick funny or entertaining. Except for Uh-Oh

yeah i and i also think about reboot

I only watched it for Pokemon and Prozzak music videos.

Suger was so fucking hot

I still see Phil from time to time. He looks so old and sad now.

Does he buy weed from you?

She aged pretty well.

As an Irish person, this logo is familiar to me but long forgotten.

youtube.com/watch?v=NBfi8OEz0rA

While on the subject of Canadian TV

>Oh would you look at that, Murdoch Mysteries is on every channel right now
>Immediately know who the bad guy is as soon as he's introduced

i watched it not too long ago cause some guy i went to school with is on sime garbage on ytv. carlos is still there and that made me feel secure

I remember when it was a brand new channel and all it showed was reruns of 70s Doctor Who and You Can't Do That On Television. Good times.

whats with canadian tv and old timey crime shows? Why do we need franky drake?

I think I actually watched that countdown before the channel started live. This, The Comedy Network, and a few others started at the same time. Channels 50 and 58 here. A great day in Canadian television. I loved that channel.

Yeah, I remember Phil and Snit, Video & Arcade Top 10 (it's letter time), ReBoot, Uh-Oh, Are You Afraid of the Dark? and desperately trying to watch Dragon Ball Z only to find out YTV restarted back at episode 1 again (I didn't realize it's because Funimation wasn't dubbing it fast enough).

I also remember late night YTV which turned into a Britcom channel for some reason. I watched it anyway. I remember watching Are You Being Served? on it.

>All of the "cartoon" channels are either Teen Titans GO reruns or filled with real actor "comedy" shit
I'm glad I don't pay for cable anymore

>She'll never make fun of your tiny penis while wearing a school girl uniform...
>tfw you'll never strain against your chastity device while she laughs at you with her angel voice...
Why even live, bros?

>its a cold autumn evening, you got home from school, ate dinner and the sun is setting as you get settled in for the night watching some tv
youtube.com/watch?v=bNV1yVcm3uI

Today is Friday. I hope you put your sneakers on, Sup Forums.

ITS LETTER TIME ITS LETTER TIME

It went to shit after it was bought out by Shaw Cable jews.

Video & Arcade used to make me legit angry. Watching those kids suck at easy games and then pick the wrong prize. And then I would get jealous when someone would write in and get a free game.

did YTV do radioactive?

>Spent Friday night watching the Anime line-up on Bionix
>Spent Saturday morning watching kino cartoons on Vortex

Those were truly better times

I liked the zone with Phil.

The other cool show was that videogame one they did at pladium ( back when it was a huge arcade) in Toronto.

Had that sexy girl who wore wigs and stuff. That video and arcade top 10 was horrible just made me mad as a kid watching those people play like shit then get even shittier prizes - like damn you were on tv looking retarded and you won something < $30. ( Maybe they got a copy.of the game too but wtf)

Still remember seeing the n64 for the first time on the zone. Phil was blown away.

From time to time. Not as much these days because I don't really casually flip past it to see what's changed and get a nostalgia wave. It was a pretty integral part of growing up for me though. Lived through most of its iterations.

On the topic of old TV, does anyone remember TVO's kids stuff also? It was never as wacky as YTV, but it was all I watched before my parents got cable and we only got whatever the antenna picked up.

Teletoon for the first few years was something magical. I'll never forget those bumpers as the day changed and they got creepier. Lots of shows never got more than 1-2 seasons back then and have been lost to time.

That one episode where the PM made a cameo to boost his image with the public was weird. It feels like this show's been around forever now.

Thanks. That'll be stuck in my head for a week at least now.

Pretty sure that was the Family Channel. That show with high schoolers who run a pirate radio channel after school?

>Still remember seeing the n64 for the first time on the zone. Phil was blown away.

I remember this. I think he compared the three-pronged controller to a spaceship

I spent a lot of time watching Phil when I was a kid. Do you remember that show The Anti-Gravity Room? It was a comic book/video game/movie/nerd interest show hosted by Phil and some others. I liked that too, I was really into that stuff then.

Canadian television is simply hands down superior to AmeriFUCK tv

The fat asses that pollute this board seem to have convinced themselves otherwise.

>tfw Canadian
>tfw feels amazing living in best country in the world

Being American. Now that's a real curse right there.

All of you fat fucks are mentally ill and have diseases. Nothing about you people is redeemable.

You're all fat.

Stupid.

Lazy.

Weak.

Undisciplined.

Fat. Fat. Fat.

And ugly.

Oh yeah, and FAT, you miserable disgusting pieces of shit.

YOU ARE ALL WORTHLESS, SO FOUL AND VACUOUS IS YOUR PITIFUL EXISTENCES, THAT NOT EVEN THE WORMS WOULD FEAST UPON YOUR FAT DISGUSTING AMERICAN BODIES AFTER SUICIDE.

Nobody would miss you, Amerifats. Least of all, Canadians, for unlike you, WE come from a 1st world nation of decent people, and scoff at you.

What pitiful creatures you are.

Yet you fat fucks are always saying "Canada is irrelevant" Lol fuck off.

If any of you came up to Canada, I'd beat the fucking piss out of you.

I'd ram my BIG CANADIAN FISTS against your skulls as I force you admit to war crimes and atrocities that your corrupt failing government has committed.

All before taking a big fat SHIT on your crying faces. Fuck America, and fuck every American reading this comment

Canada is better than your disgusting 3rd world country. We are everything you wish you were, and more

Fuck America for all of the wars that they have caused

Fuck you for putting estrogen in the water

Fuck you for the refugee crisis

Fuck you for making civilized and sane Canadians feel unsafe and threatened just by being around your presence

Fuck you for Donald trump

Fuck you for killing minorities and promoting shitty music

Fuck you for forcing your shitty culture down everyone's throats

And most of all; fuck you for robbing my country of a culture.

Honestly Americans? Just kill yourselves. It's the only way to redeem yourself.

Hahah fat fucking Americans.

youtube.com/watch?v=gt4E_7KyIFg

>TVO's kids stuff

I only remember Pingu on TVO. I liked it but I don't remember anything else TVO had.

was it peak leafkino?

That arcade was actually in Mississauga beside Square One. It's still around, but I don't know how much it's changed inside. One of the last arcades left in the country. I still have an episode on VHS when I used to record 6 hour blocks of TV for archives and it definitely had one of the more interesting takes on the genre of video game shows.

Yeah wtf why did people writting in win a game and the kids on the show got shit? The letters were cringy as fuck too.

Fuck ytv and that dbz reset. Made me salty as fuck as a kid.

Late night ytv was solid, they had all those mtv cartoons - downtown, mission hill, the odd ones ( was that the name? Main character was like a hotdog looking guy or something?) Stressed Eric, spicy city.

There was some good adult cartoons back in the 90s. Mtv did some cool shit.

No, peak leaf was The Royal Canadian Air Farce.

She was great on the new season of The Flash.

who /familychannel/ here

Yeah the anti gravity room was okay came on before or after the videogame show. I wasn't that into comics so it was less interesting but cool they we're sorta ahead of the curve with that.

From what I understand they moved it out there or at least severely downsized - it's more of a ticket redemption kind of arcade from what I saw online. They do sell arcade cabs and parts however. I think I bought buttons or something from them at some point because I get their auction newsletters once in a while.

On the topic of Phil, I think he started some YouTube channel/tv show that didn't really go anywhere.

Ohhh shit. Mixing up shows. Now that's a blast from the past. YTV definitely did that one and every time I see someone from that show in some modern show/movie it feels so out of place.

Reminds me of that show Ryan Gossling and others started on, that cruise ship/high school thing that no one outside Canada heard of.

Not enough poor kids on Sup Forums to remember I guess. Had a lot of weird stuff. Although not sure how much I remember actually being from that channel anymore.

The new animated series is going to ruin the legacy.

You could flip between YTV and Teletoon late at night and catch some great stuff. I think I saw Ninja Scroll for the first time on Teletoon one Friday. I genuinely did not know you could put bare titties in a cartoon, blew my mind. And then if you got bored of that, you just turn the channel to the Friday Showcase Revue, where you were guaranteed to see some European tits, ass, and bush. I watched untold amounts of foreign movies with my dick in my hand waiting for them to appear.

Always assumed it was kind of a one off place, but maybe they had one downtown Toronto too. Back when arcades were still big money it wouldn't be too weird to be a chain. I know the one in Mississauga's been there for decades. Same big building since forever.

>On the topic of Phil, I think he started some YouTube channel/tv show that didn't really go anywhere.
Wouldn't happen to have a link? Of all the old TV hosts I remember he always seemed cool, but never really went anywhere unlike everyone else.

Playdium? I was just by there the other day and remembered friends talking about it in the 90s. Surprised it's survived.

I think he was trying to start some streaming service. It seemed like an idea that would go nowhere with the level of competition out there.

Youre thinking of Radio Free Roscoe or something, and yeah I think it was Family

no, he sells it

It's got a really good location. If it wasn't right beside all kinds of important businesses and civic centres where people constantly run into it then it probably would have died off long ago. Really hits home that old saying. "Location, location, location."

Right, that's the show I was confusing things with. So many youth shows to keep track of back then.

T H I C C

youtube.com/watch?v=dCZDWOLQtNY&list=PL155E5F54D6B39671

It's funny because Phil really isn't that famous - I mean dude only has 2k twitter followers.
twitter.com/pjfreshphil seems like a rad down to earth kinda guy though.

There was a Pladium in the West Edmonton mall so it definitely was a franchise. Pretty sure it's closed down now though.

SCTV faggot

Does anyone remember watching Gundam Wing back in 90's?

Looking back it wasn't terrible

yup, that and the other mech show where they like got inside of the robots and it was like swords and shit.

I remember gundam wings intro always got me hype then the show was mad boring

youtube.com/watch?v=EBqDyAvv-_M

Is that Snit too? Damn that brings me back.

I was there a few years back and don't remember seeing one in the mall. Makes sense why they'd sponsor a YTV show now if they were country-wide. Shame it's fallen so far.

Lucy is top waifu, the cop lady showed her tits in one of the wish master movies.

Yep, there was a Playdium in Vancouver. I don't know what its status is now. I'm gonna go with shut down.

I like the theme song. After new girl is over I always stick around for it.

Does anyone remember Carlos aswell? He works at Entertainment Tonight Canada

the punisher in uh oh always spooked me

>It's an "Uh-Oh selects a contestant from Ontario" episode
>that's fucking every episode

Doesn't he still do YTV hosting? Or did he finally move on the last couple of years? The guy basically became an institution once he started hosting.

youtube.com/watch?v=GpxrsEAIMT4

yeah. and Escaflowne

same for Teknoman. the intro was the tits.
youtube.com/watch?v=zNw53pBa970

they used kids going to summer camps around the toronto area during the summer to film the shows

such a good show, shame it didnt last long.

All leaf shows set in Western Canada are kino. The exception being Trailer Park Boys

TPB is eastern canada goof

And Puppets Who Kill

What was that show where the kid sniffs his own farts and rates them?

Did someone say camps?

youtube.com/watch?v=FF38gMdGhYM

youtube.com/watch?v=aJGlnYqYe3c

Found this too. "SessionsX The Velvet Ropeline" that's from 2017.

-----

while this wasn't YTV (much music) but anyone remember "The electric circus" ? youtube.com/watch?v=vn7FudWY8Ow

youtube.com/watch?v=nPwgyIsPZVY

youtube.com/watch?v=U3PWT53_hdQ

When I was a kid I thought that shit was cool and how clubs were - I later heard you had to try out to be on the show and that's not how clubs really are unless you're on a lot of drugs.

was it this?

He's really busy at ET he always interviews high profile actors now, this is him at Victoria Secret backstage it's hard to believe this is guy who worked at Y-TV

youtube.com/watch?v=vQQu9wesJT8

That was a mirror, user...

I honestly thought after 15+ years on YTV he was never going to move on. It's great to see he's actually moving up in the world.

No, it was live action. A sketch show, I think
Probably why I thought it was funny, it was literally me

think that might have been his point

I wanted to go to this camp so bad. Fucking lucky assholes in Ontario.

>Caillou

Cinar, the company that makes it, has a really interesting history. They basically stole the concept of one of their cartoons wholesale from an independent creator (Robinson Sucroe) then went all the way to the Supreme Court over it. Probably the second or third most important canadian copyright case.

Then the directors embezzled all the money and it got sold into Cookie Jar.

>Escaflowne

yeah that's the other mech show I remember.

---

another good YTV show was Radio active.

Stuff I remember from TVO: Mr. Dressup, Polka Dot Door and Bookmice.

Also breakerhigh. People remember Ryan Gosling but I always liked the red head she was mad sexy

anyone else remember that tennis show?

post times when it was time to change the channel
youtube.com/watch?v=fVtN74SBOjQ

>Camp Carriboo and Tell-A-Tale Town were on back on YTV for years ever day.

Did I just imagine this?

Mona The Vampire is comfy canadian kino

Did anyone outside the two joker idiots, Ryan and his friend (guy above him in pic), actually have a career after this show? I know Ryan's big in Hollywood, and the other guy's pretty big in Canadian film.

I had forgotten this was even a thing. Glam rock for kids. I liked that shit.

>No one has mentioned The Big Comfy Couch yet

Did none of you have a childhood?

youtube.com/watch?v=wJwS1mfj6j4

The French do that. Hell, the concept of a bald kid that you despise already existed with Charlie Brown

>Canadian tv now
>Frankie Draoe is super progressive and wacky detective woman in 1920s Toronto defeating male stereotypes one dumb white male at a time
>Kim's Convenience is literally the same three ching chong jokes that some how isn't classified as racist.

These guys were a real thing? I though they were just a fever dream of mine back in the day.

>posts Big Comfy Couch
>It's not a clock scene

Carlos is the man