If LoK was retconed and they decided to make a new series what should they do differently?

If LoK was retconed and they decided to make a new series what should they do differently?

They'd need to retcon the ATLA Book 2 finale and all of Book 3 first, otherwise it would still suck.
Actually fuck it, just start from scratch so it would be animated in HD instead of worse than SD.

Make it about a time before Roku, but far after the "first Avatar" that way no fanservice or horrible lore decisions are made.

>korrafags don't like the crossroads of destiny
That's just sad.

How the fuck am I remotely a "Korrafag"? I literally despise the show and agree it should be scrapped.

Doesn't mean I don't see ATLA's own glaring flaws.

>korrafag panics when she gets called out and tries to pretend she's something else
baka

He is most likely a Zukofag.

Those are the ones who complain about the third season the most.

I'm a goodwritingfag, and ATLA Book 3 was shit, because of the Book 2 finale for the most part.
I don't even care for Zutara really, prefer Kataang but if it means an amazing Book 3 and likely Books 4 and 5 per the original plans, so be it.

>I'm a goodwritingfag
proof

>I don't even care for Zutara really
Nobody even said that.

Not have a technology skip.

Have it happen in a similar-looking era and not disclose whether it's the past or the future, and have the characters stand on their own and explore the already pretty complex world a bit more. Have air nomads still/again and don't mention anything about it, for example.

LoK was basically midichlorians all over again and it fucking sucked for it.

>Not have a technology skip.
I don't know what you mean. Don't have technological progress?

Yeah.

I mean, I didn't hate the steampunk vibe, but it felt very abrupt and closed the world down a lot.

I like the vastness of ATLA a lot more. Makes it feel grander and more mysterious and intemporal, not unlike shadow of the colossus.

Having steampunk is okay, except your setting yourself to something definite and very much unmagical. Which I guess was a point of LoK, but it set the course into something they couldn't turn back on, had they continued.

here
No, but you sure implied it.

Honestly dude, even if I'm starting to somewhat agree with you, this was quite literally the least of LOK's problems.

Oh, I agree completely that it was the least of its problems. But it was what stuck out to me from the get go. I can't just go "write a good show".

I didn't like that they kept returning to old team avatar characters. It felt very prequel-ish to me, and they butchered Zuko, for example.

After a lot of worse problems, when Korra asks Zuko what to do and he just says "lol, I dunno, ask Iroh, kek" undermined so much both Zuko and Iroh's develop in the previous show for the sake of yet another cameo.

Zuko should've become more Iroh-like (although not 100% Iroh) to show that he did eventually mature and became a better man like Iroh wanted him to. Why the fuck wasn't Zuko ever drinking tea?

This is something pretty minor, but to me it tells everything wrong about Korra and their lack of understanding of their own characters and world. Shouldn't have fired all the good writers.

>No, but you sure implied it.
You're seeing too much into it.

They forgot the steampunk vibe almost immediately, and advanced to giant robots.

I'd be fine with LoK sticking with that original pitched motif.

>it felt very abrupt
Only to idiots who don't realize seventy years is a long time.
>closed the world down a lot
The world was closed down because the first series was a journey across the world while the second series spent most of it's time in one location, it had fuck all to do with technology.
>your setting yourself to something definite and very much unmagical
Bending isn't magic. The most magical part of Avatar was the spirit world and there was more of that in Korra than there ever was in Airbender. Your main problem seems to be that in the first series bending was king with technology in second place but in the second series bending got nerfed and tech got a major boost. The answer to this is not to forever keep tech stagnant but just don't nerf bending.
Zuko isn't Iroh and he shouldn't act like Iroh. Maturing doesn't mean you turn into a stereotype of someone you respect, it means you turn into a calmer and wiser version of yourself and a mature Zuko is still Zuko not Iroh.

I'd be fine with Avatar getting rebooted into a scifi setting like was originally pitched.

Just do a prequel with Roku

We've seen Roku's life. I'd rather see a series about Kyoshi or Yangchen or Kuruk. Even a miniseries about Chin the Conqueror.

Like a miniseries? I'd like that but I really think Nick has something against Avatar. They most likely won't do anything with the franchise anymore.

Also how would Korra even be retconned. I'd argue the prequels were way worse and those are acknowledged.