I'm 32 and just saw Blade Runner for the 1st time

... And holy fucking shit, if it was 1982 and I was 16 I would be on my knees right now praising the glory of this motherfucking god damn brilliant piece of a movie. No explanation. No exposition. Nothing that would make it in any way approachable for normies. This movie was made for fuckers like us and nevrr to be understood by anyone else. Thanks. Glad I've finally seen it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JO3nveNaSo8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

And bombed at the box office too.

whats great is it bombed with a cut that had harrison ford delivering voice-over every second of the movie.

>No explanation. No exposition
kek so you didn't watch the theatrical version. Still I love the movie as well user

Nicely put. I agree, it blew my mind when I was 19. Took an immediate spot in my top 5. And I have no interest in even seeing the remake.

Yeah, I hate voice over in any movie other that comedy purposes

What remake?

what? prove that exists.

>32
>posting on Sup Forums

lmao @ ur life

>remake
based retard

Aw fuck, please don't tell me the theatrical version is 20mins of "well replicants are bleh bleh bleh and of this happened because of bleh bleh bleh and Rachel is bleh bleh"...

but what about 2043, good adaptation no?

Now you can be part of the secret club enjoy

either
>t. is in his 20s and thinks he won't be here forever
>t. is also in his 30s and wants someone else to feel as bad as he does

decker has an inner monologue

Theatrical cut, friend. Find it.

>No explanation. No exposition

If you'd seen the original release...be glad you saw it now.

Fuck off buddy, we've got mature shitposting to do here.

pretty much ever contemplative scene now has a terribly bored Ford talking over it explaining things for the audience. Ford hated the idea so much that he intentionally fucked up the reading and they still put it in. They also put in a happy ending of two people (supposed to be Deckard and Rachel) driving a car in a sunny green countryside using cut footage from the Shining.

I don't completely agree with Ridley on Deckard being a Replicant but the Director/Final Cuts are so much fucking better

If I remember one post from like 11years ago on Sup Forums it was
>you are here forever

no

Harrison even absolutely hated the idea of the steady exposition voiceover and hammed it up as much as possible, hoping they'd cut it.

So? Older than you, had more sex than you'll likely ever have.

Indeed, there truly is something very magical about Blade Runner. It's not perfect, but there's nothing else quite like it.

it shipped with the final cut bluray iirc

was me

Good for you, OP. Ah to be young again and experiencing BR for the first time.

You will continue to get more out of it over time, like an actual work of art.

I think I was 15 or 16 when I saw it first..my initial takeaways:
>Wow the city looks amazing
>I love the gangs of midgets and neon umbrellas

What I get from it now:
>Tyrell is the Demiurge (blind god).
>His eyes are gouged out by Lucifer (Tyrell calls him prodigal son).
>Deckard is a schlubby nobody stuck on Earth with a sharp wit and a drinking problem. Throughout the movie, he doesn't understand what's happening around him. Deckard is just a normie...he isn't red pilled.
>Ending is like a "second baptism" where Deckard is literally saved by Lucifer.
>Nail through Batty's (Lucifer's) hand reveals classical Gnostic dualism.
>Best soundtrack of all time and will never be beaten

The entire point of the book/movie is replicants were just as, if not more human than humans. So deckard being or not being human doesn't really affect that narrative.

Never understood what made people upset about it.

Ahh, now.I get it.

Just found out I watched the Final Cut, kind of by accident.

Seems I got lucky. And seems I won't ever watch any other cut.

Really sad to hear there is a version were all this beautiful weirdness is getting fucked up by a fucking inner monologue.. god how I hate those..

What are some movies where first person narration works? I can only think of Goodfellas, Taxi Driver and a Clockwork Orange. All others (and this includes personal favourites like City of God) feel cheesy and that would be better without it.

It never really works.

Wow blade runner is a piece of trash

it's a very intelligent film user. what if there were a book just like it but even more deep?

The theatrical version added a narrator that explained everything as it was going along.

Scott fought for years to get his original vision out to the public and finally got to when dvds became a thing. Blade Runner is a big part of the reason we get Director's Cuts available for a lot of movies now.

Get off this board with that bookposting, douche

wow. good to know. glad i watched it the way it was intended. and cheers to scott for fighting for this release.

Well, it mostly happens today because it means selling the same movie multiple times.

Yeah, but it is a Philip K. Dick book, so it's probably a convoluted mess of psychobabble and amphetamine-addled hallucinations.

probably true. the last movie I watched were the director's cut meant something was - ironically - Donnie Darko.

Every good idea eventually gets whored out.

Depending on the director, director's cuts can be a thing of beauty or a shameless cash grab.

It worked for Fight Club, but that first person narration was integral to the book as well.

Your mother is a piece of trash.

Ok since I won't ever watch it; What's the worst the fucking inner monologue does "reveal" ? Give me your worst please.

It won't change my opinion. Holy fuck, if people saw the final cut back then without our knowledge of AI, clones and the real nature of the web.. Mindfuck 2000.

i'm 36. you are here forever.

When is the remake coming out ?

I saw it when I was a kid and didn't enjoy it. Saw the Final Cut late night on tv as an adult and fucking loved it.

That's pretty much because the inner monologue there doesn't "help" but makes everything even more fucked up like in American Psycho (which is another favorite of mine btw.)

Woah you told him bro!

Ridley Scott wanted to do narration before they started the movie, Harrison convinced him not to. Then the studio made him do it anyway after the movie was finished.

This. I'm 32.

So many juniors on this board think that they're hot shit, that they'll 'grow out of it' and be cool or something. That will happen only if they were normies to begin with.

Dude, it's the only version there was for like 20 years

YOU THINK YOU'RE HOT SHIT DON'T CHA?

The videogame Snatcher is better than Blade Runner even though its a direct inspiration.

Just a reminder that the international version of Legend has a classical soundtrack that makes it an infinitely better movie.

>32
>talks like that
wow

that's how I write at 5am after some bloody maries.
have you forgotten how to have fun?

wew.. the weird truths about how the business works..

Yeah it's a great film don't get me wrong I watched it at what 18? I'm 22 now. It's had a massive effect on me as well. Just a really REALLY great film and just visually pleasing plus everything else that goes with the senses.

Some pluses are like the memes we make, the plot is decent and CUKC KEK FUCK YOU
N I G G E R LOL

enough internet for you today. get some sleep.

It's not even that good

I saw it at 25 and thought it was the most overhyped pretentious bullshit I've ever seen. Edwards James Olmos is the only redeeming thing about it.

It's not a fucking enlightenment but it is certainly one of the best movies made in the 80s.

>what? prove that exists.
please tell me you're joking

Ford says nigger in it

I can't resist to ask which music you listen to.

Theres like 10 different versions, the original cut had a different ending as well as the voiceover I think

Kiss kiss bang bang
fear and loathing

.. and like in American Psycho it works because there is zero to none exposition.

>Hating on Tangerine Dream

He didn't say nigger, it was something more obscure like spook or coon or some shit like that.

>remake

You high son?

I'm a complete moron but I love the movie. Why does Batty save Deckard? Did he want someone to remember his life?

it has a lot of very serious problems

people always get caught up in how good it looks and sounds and ignore the rest of it

I've been browsing for over a decade lad

youtube.com/watch?v=JO3nveNaSo8

it's a sign. a much bigger fuck you than killing him while also granting him the chance to understand more about the world he is living in, and while also letting him suffer from this world he supports.

>he thinks hes leaving at some point

40+ here going on 9 years

based

Have You Passed Through This Night - Explosions In The Sky

and yet you post like a 15 year old. act your age dipshit

another reason for me to dislike Explosions In The Sky

Which cut is the GOAT?

Final Cut

I'm 96, sonny. This site moves at a pace that only chat rooms can match. Trying to go to other parts of the internet becomes boring.

Batty saving Deckard meaning:
>Means the replicants are capable of empathy
>Metaphor for Lucifer redeeming man

>Metaphor for Lucifer redeeming man

Nah, he said nigger.

>Ford hated the idea so much that he intentionally fucked up the reading and they still put it in.

Will a more alpha male ever exist?

DUDE.......EYES.......LMAO the movie.

It's a sequel.

It genuinely finds a point to expand upon the original and build on the themes in new directions. I thought it was gonna be terrible but it looks like Sony handed the keys over to Villeneuve completely

Remembering his life is part of it. Also for a human to truly understand the life of a replicant; to know what true fear is like.

But wanting to be remembered and special is what drives Batty.

Based Harrison Ford shitposting in his voice-over in an effort to sabotage a shit decision by the suits.

It's already out, they added a subtitle to it. BR 2050 or something like that.

Literally the worst fucking tryhard narration I've ever heard in my life:

>Deckard: Give me four. No, two, two, four. And noodles.
>Deckard (voice over): Sushi, that's what my ex-wife called me. Cold fish.

Harrison Ford had EVERY right to deliver the narration the way he did. He may have burned some bridges but he saved his acting career.

T.shill

Nice try. I'm not watching 80s rehashed garbage. Its unoriginal, shameless plagiarizm, and not up to standards of the originals(no cgi , no actual extras or props) its basic pandering to parents and their kids, so they can like the same things.

>remake
Should we tell him?

>Deckard (voice over): Sushi, that's what my ex-wife called me. Cold fish.

Batty comes to appreciate that Deckard is just doing the same thing he is, trying to survive, and achieves empathy with humans, wrecking the need for revenge/a cure for death that had been his motivation up til then. He achieves full humanity by showing mercy to Deckard, instead of just being a copy of person like he'd been before.

I'm 107 young whipper snappe and that is simply no way to speak to an adult like that! You'll be here too at my age, but with better shoes I hope haha!

He doesn't "achieve humanity". I think the point is that he is better than humanity in every way, except for his neutered life span.

The other thing I really like about the original Blade Runner is that none of the replicants are actually bad. They're just trying to live their lives and trying to escape the evil corporation. In BR49 they actually have "bad" replicants such as Luv.

>tfa is suppose to be sequal
>rehash of the first star wars

Nice try mouse.

space airs it every new years. They'll do it again this year so you'll get to see it in all its glory. It's pretty interesting to see how much removing Harrison Ford's dialogue changes the film.