We live in a universe were a Wonder Woman film might lose to Captain Underpants at the box office

>we live in a universe were a Wonder Woman film might lose to Captain Underpants at the box office

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uvtq3AqVZaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

one thing though, WW is a wordlwide franchise.
Captain juvenile potty humour isn't and only has the US domestic market to make bank.

It's hard to believe how poorly DC handles their movies. Dozens of people get paid millions of dollars a year to oversee things like BvS, look at the finished product and say "yeah this is good".

I'm pretty sure they have scholastic book fairs in a bunch of different countries.

Not denying it's the truth, just pointing out that youtube views mean absolutely nothing.

>might

Good.

name 10

To be fair, GITS could have been a huge hit if it wasn't a pile of shit made by a retard that only had a superficial understanding of the source material.

glad.
didn't even grow up with him but i prefer this universe times a million.

So. Who cares? We also live in a world where King Kong lost to all the capeshit released by Marvel and DC in years. Hollywood is fucking dead

Hollywood has been dead since the 80s.

kids are the main demo for YT, of course a video about a movie aimed at them will have more views

Not him, but as of 2016, the series had been translated into over 20 languages

>kids are the main demo for YT
What?

capeshit is cancer and it deserves to die.

good. fuck capeshit.

Was Shirow even on board with the movie?

>comparing clip to tv spot

Okay now compare it to the earlier wonder woman trailers.

The ads were also terrible. If you didn't already know the basics of what GITS is, you didn't know what the movie was about. They waited until the last trailer to reveal that the movie was mostly a revenge plot.

Shirow just wants to fucking chill and draw sexy oiled girls, he never cared

The final trailer for WW got like 3 million views while the last ones for BvS and Suicide Squad got over 20 million views.

It's made by Dreamworks tho. It will propably get some exposure. I predict that it will do extremly good on the Anglo market. And in Germany, as it will be advertised aggresivly around here.

>dat fucking green screen

Captain Underpants has better CG too.

>Woman

This. Remember that Boss Baby did very well in Europe which is why it's like the 7th highest grossing film so far this year

Kids are more likely to watch vids all day, watch the same video over and over, and watch without adblock. Hence YouTube encouraging Spider-Man Elsa pantomine shit and YT not being afraid to over punish channels with slightly controversial content (since it won't hurt their money makers).

she's not my Wonder Woman

Most of the ads didn't know the basis of the movie either. I remember seeing one saying Scarlet Johanson is the Ghost.

i don't get it

actually fucking this
we live in a timeline where the academy values diversity and female empowerment be it in the movie or in the team hehind it way above any other ACTUAL sign of quality

it's dead, it's all fucking dead.

So capeshit losing to ironic capeshit?

>Only has the US domestic market
youtube.com/watch?v=Uvtq3AqVZaE

>>we live in a universe where mousedrones cannot even spell "where"
Fucking summer jobs.

>Doesn't know about the fastest growing side of youtube where people earn millions of dollars just by making shitty videos for kids

You ready to cry again on June 2?

Not even close.

>A SECOND FRESH REVIEW

>WW is a worldwide franchise

not really though, in most of the world people have heard of her but that's about it, they know very little details.

>Can you believe there are people being paid money out there that have a different opinion than me?

Whoa, crazy user.

Except the movie IS good

Why do you think the most popular YouTube channels are the ones where grown men pretend to scream and rage at video games?

>Embargoed until 2 days before release just like BvS
Yeah it MUST be good

I just don't see WW making much impact. Much like Green Lantern.

Plus I don't think Gal Gadot is right for the role.

And what? The 'source material' is a huge steaming pile of. So I don't think that would have helped.

Children use YouTube more than adults, user. Tween pop songs are the highest viewed videos on the internet.

>he hasn't at least watched the movie

Is it some weird cathartic release that Japanese culture is so restrictive and rigid, yet their media almost always revolves around everyone involved making a fool of themselves?

Sadly, they only hold them in 8 countries besides the US.

>92% of all moviegoers
What a crock of shit. I doubt you could get 92% of all moviegoers to agree on anything, ever.

Isn't WW actually popular in Asia? I know in the 40's an author in the Phillipines made a rip off that eventually become it's own iconic character. Darna has had more than a dozen movies, half a dozen tv shows, and I don't think the character has ever been out of publication.

>"the one"

of course it'll be "the one" when it's been championed through all the years of capeshit

the damage control will be staggering

>This is the second time this was a thread
Fucking mods

We already live in a universe where a LIVE ACTION movie staring Batman AND Superman lost financially to a children's cartoon about lego Joker being gay for lego Batman.
I hate living.

Honestly it'd help if threads got at least one reply whether it be a kys or helpful piece of advice.

Wonder Woman inspired Sailor Moon.

we live in a universe where the superman vs batman movie was so terrible the lego batman animated movie was legitimately better

>Be me
>About 6 or 7 years old
>Very reserved
>Don't talk to other kids during our "indoor recess"
>Instead I go to our mini library and read books that look interesting
>Lots of "Calvin and Hobbes" and "Big Nate" collections
>Notice a book I haven't seen before
>Captain Underpants
>Open it up
>A lot of pictures, so I had already taken a liking to it
>Read through about half of it
>InLove.jpg
>Interested to know if there are more
>Scour the library for the next installment and find nothing

>Three weeks later
>We're having a book fair
>Teachers walks us down to the fair and I look through piles of books to try and find the one thing I was looking for
>"What are you looking for, user?"
>"Captain Underpants" i say worried
>"I think I saw some of those over here"
>Grab book
>Buy book
>Read immediately
>Like how the main characters drew up their own comics so I decide to pick up drawing

>10 years old
>Constantly reminded by my bitch of an older sister that she's a better artist than me
>Draws dumb weebshit, but I was too young to realize it was bad
>Still reading Captain Underpants
>Feeling unenthused and tired of trying to do art
>Finish latest book
>Notice an extra message at the end
>Long paragraph
>In essence it said, Don't get too hung up on the flaws in your art and just keep going forward with the goal of improvement and don't be afraid of having flaws in your art
>Start to tear up
>Felt like he was talking to me
>Promise myself to keep going just like he said

TFW Captain Underpants is the only reason I still do art
TFW I'm actually good at art and am noticing my shortcoming and moving past them
TFW a grown man in his underwear shaped what I've become

But WW is a movie for children and a character created for children.

i
That's fucking bullshit cause they also sold them in South America and Spain

Three strikes, you're out.

No more DCEU.