Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jexqDCBCUMY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the male

Jean Grey

for still being alive

That dye job.

Morrison

So did Scott actually think it was Jean? Because I don't see the point of having an affair with a woman who's roleplaying as your wife.

I mean I get he married Madelyn Pryor but that's when Jean was "dead".

Both.

Scott was struggling after The Twelve and pulled away from Jean.
This coincided with Scott going off on an overnight mission with Emma. Jean got jealous and insecure, suspecting that he cheated on her.
Jean, looking to make herself feel better, went off and shoved her tongue down Wolverine's throat. Wolverine (in an uncharacteristic show of restraint) told her to straighten up and sort out her issues with Scott.
Unfortunately for Jean, Scott saw the kiss. This led him to actually start up something with Emma under the pretense of relationship counseling.

They both fucked up and all of their issues could have been resolved by just talking to each other.

Logan had long since moved on at that point and taken the yellow pill

Why didn't Jean just read his mind when Scott told her too?

Logan always had yellow fever, that panel just shows that he also likes ladyboys

Because that would have turned him gay.

So Jean was in the wrong.

And that was what, the tenth time Jean and Logan kissed while she was married to Scott? Bitch is worse than Gwen Stacy.

Grant Morrison

I'm sure some guy out there has cheated on his wife with her twin sister

come on, senpai

>Because I don't see the point of having an affair with a woman who's roleplaying as your wife.

Emma isn't a bitch like Jean so she let Scott stick it in her pooper

The idea was that Scott was most heavily into Jean when she was Dark Phoenix. That's when they had sex for the first time. She was letting him relive his honeymoon phase.

>So Jean was in the wrong.

Well yes but that doesn't mean Scott was right either.

>scott
>not right

Mentally cheating on your wife instead of working out your issues is wrong.

Scott was recovering from a shit story and had to do a mission with Emma, how was he wrong? Jean jumped to the wrongest conclusion and hopped on Logan's cock because of her own imagination.

>Mentally cheating on your wife
you mean, thinking at all about other women?

Fantasies and thoughts - even "darker" ones - are fine, as long as they stay like that. Having a "mental affair" with a Telepath doesn't really count in my book.

Quick call the thought police

So basically Scott developed a femdom fetish?

Scott probably should have properly separated from her first, but it's hard to hold anything against anyone here.

Emma especially did nothing wrong, of course.

Jean for not joining the threesome.

>Jean loved Cyclops so much she proposed to him

When is this going to get retconned completely? Also was this the last time Jean was a great character?

What he did was no different from having phone or cybersex or having an emotional affair. He was unfaithful with another woman.

because it's hot.

Thought police

it's not thoughts when it's real and experienced by both parties

Jim Lee.

They are literally in his thoughts. If you start policing that you are the thought police

They were using telepathy as a form of communication.

I've been reading this run of X-Men again. I'm actually coming up on the part where Jean catches them. I never noticed how sexually frustrated Morrison was writing Jean until reading it this time around. She was even throwing herself at Fantomex when they first meet. I'm starting to think it's part of the reason why the Phoenix manifested in her again. Notice how elated she is after the first time it manifests when she fights off the U-Men, it's like she's reveling in the release of just having had an orgasm.
He also does a good job of conveying how Scott is only still with Jean at this point because that's what's expected of him.

he was hooking up with Domino at the time too

>your honor my husband cheated on me by thinking really hard at this woman in another part of the mansion

And cybersex is words on a screen.

>She was even throwing herself at Fantomex when they first meet.
Oh man.

I'm imagining a new wave of cucking threads with Jean instead of Medusa.

Scott had taken a dumb vow of physical celibacy. Even Wolverine was telling him he needed to fuck his wife.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Scott thought Jean would judge him for his thoughts and would be disappointed at him, so he gradually pulled away from her. Then there's Emma, who's seen and done so much shit in her life that she doesn't judge him, has zero expectations and inspires more trust than Jean.

One has to wonder: had Scott and Jean talked like two adults and sorted their stuff out, would their marriage survive? I guess we'll never know and they'll keep pushing the "Jean and Cyke being together would never work for long because their marriage would eventually lead to disaster and we'll never approach the fact that they could avoid it by acting like two rational beings" but with Tyke and Jeen.

Despite all of that, Emma is the best girl and will always be.

Cybersex is a direct descendant of writing letters to someone. There is no precedent for thinking about cheating being cheating.

Nah, Jean got what she deserved too soon after. Based "Xorn"

Someone needs to tell that to young Jean.

>Oh, that one time when Scott didn't fuck you and you got so horny that corrupted a cosmic force.

>One has to wonder: had Scott and Jean talked like two adults and sorted their stuff out, would their marriage survive?
Well it's Morrison-canon that Scott was so distraught over Jean's death that he retired and never remarried. Future Jean altered his mind to push him into dating Emma. That's love. It also makes Jean a willing cuck.
Communication is communication regardless of the medium.

that isn't Jim Lee, it's Phil Jimenez

He literally had yellow fever since before uncanny was called uncanny. Like he is a weeb right from the get go.

Also Scott like that sideways pussy too, see Psyloc and Colene Wing

Why is Scott so slim in this?

I am more muscular than this Scott.

>Why is Slim Summers so slim
oh gee I don't know

Anyone got that Young Jeen peeking into Scott's mind to find dirty stuff?

>Communication is communication regardless of the medium.

There is no precedent for thoughts being against the rules.

It's the typical shit art that always accompanies Morrison

>had Scott and Jean talked like two adults and sorted their stuff out, would their marriage survive?
i doubt it. it was pretty obvious Scott loved her, but wasn't in love with her anymore. had they discussed things, they most likely would've agreed to end the marriage on good terms.

emma did make it worse though, with her whole desire for suicide by cop thing. made worse by the fact she helped mind rape the phoenix before.

I'm not talking about the art.

There's not a spouse alive who would say "Oh you were only mentally having an affair with this other person, that's all right then."
Phil Jiminez was also one of the better artists on this run.

this is my take on the Jean-Scott-Emma thing

Jean had become too unrelatable for Scott.
They used to be equals, but because of her being an Omega level mutant + Phoenix host, they werent equal anymore
Having sex with Jean Grey was like having sex with Galactus, an almost omnipotent godlike being
If two factory workers marry, and one ends up becoming CEO of Microsoft + USA president, a divorce is likely because the equality that existed when the relationship was created was completely destroyed and replaced by an extreme unequality. They would be separated by an abyss.

Also, the status of Jean as Phoenix Host, made any relationship with a threesome. It could never be Scott and Jean, it would always be Scott and Jean and the Phoenix.

Emma was what he needed, a kind of Jean Grey, but far less powerful, on an equal level with Scott, and very "experienced" and lacking in innocence, so she wouldnt judge him harshly for whatever fucked up thing he was feeling.

Scott became a man with Emma, with Jean he was a boy scout.

>There's not a spouse alive who would say "Oh you were only mentally having an affair with this other person, that's all right then."

Even if we accept that what happened was wrong, can you actually blame Scott? He is being manipulated by a person capable of accessing his mind, rewriting his memories or straight up controlling him. At best you can say Scott was raped

She wanted a genuine seduction and never removed his ability to choose.

it was willing

they even had a conversation like:
-Emma, I dont want to betray my wife
-Oh, come on Scott, its not that bad, it is just a shared thought

iirc, and while saying that Emma was mentally shapeshifting into Phoenix Jean Grey

Wait, wait, wait.

Scott didn't want to be with Jean because he was ashamed oh his lewd thoughts?

He had been merged with Apocalypse who messed with him by revealing unpleasant truths about himself.

Unpleasant truths like? I never read the immediately pre-Morrison stuff

i see. how was jim lee in the wrong?

No, I'm fairly sure that's exactly what that means.
I'm not even in Scott's fanclub and I can see here that Jean assumed Scott did something wrong and then decided to go actually do something wrong.

Like "I like futa"

Good gosh how can Scott just keep getting more and more RIGHT?

He had his mind twisted by Apocalypse and didn't wanted to be near Jean or share his thoughts with her because he was constantly thinking dark shit he wasn't proud of. He felt guilty and a freak.

That's why Emma started seducing him with the bogus talk of mental therapy. That therapy lead to psych sex where he could pretty much open himself and use and abuse Emma, and that started the whole mess.

Details, man, we want details. "Dark shit" is too vague. Was is sexual stuff?

It's not like he found out he liked killing dogs or anything.
Scott's character to that point was one about rigid self-control, doing the 'right' thing even if he had misgivings, trying to be the good guy and trying to live up to the expectations of Xavier, Jean and his own conception of what the leader of the X-Men should be.

When he got merged with Apoc, his internal barriers were shattered and he realised he didn't actually like all that about himself or believe in it fully. He basically had extreme confrontation therapy and realised he was living a self-constructed lie that he was trapped in.
As how do you get out of the fact that not only do you not feel like you are the man you pretend to be, you actively don't want to be that guy, and that guy is is the guy you think your wife wants you to be, as well as all the other authority and dependent figures in your life.
Plus a little bit of genuine self-esteem issues about your wife being an omega level force of nature also committed to The Cause who seems to have all that shit under way better control than you.

Basically he was confrotned with the knowledge that he didn't like himself and his life, with the main problem being that he could no longer relate to his wife and kind of (fairly or unfairly) tagged her as a living representation of his problems. So their relationship went down the drain as he pulled away from her and she - because of her own character traits - didn't understand what he needed to fix things and instead tried to 'solve' the problem with manipulation and confrontation, as well as shoring up her own self-esteem by kissing The Other Guy. Which just drove Scott further away.

Then the dangerous new girl who seemed to know what Scott's issues were came on to him and made it quite plain that the things she liked about him were the things he was beginning to think were the true things about himself.
So Scott got sucked into quite a classic 'potential affair' situation.

It was definitely sexual, since his "dark thoughts" was what drove him into Emma's psychic arms where he could enact all the twisted shit he wanted without judgment.

it's implied yes, but not like illegal deviancy. The idea is that Scott was a living figure of self-inflicted repression, including in the sex life with his wife.
That's why his fantasies were of fucking Dark Phoenix, just going at it hammer and tongs like unleashed animals; Emma when rp-ing invites him to fuck her anyway he wants and tries to get him to be dominant and be rough and go for hate fucking.
So the implication is that his full scale repression was not who he really was or wanted to be and had no idea how to deal with that in his actual relationship with his wife.
I mean Jean is obviously kind of staid, it's why her bad boy fantasy is letting Wolverine fuck her.

Whedon actually followed up on this repression shit with Scott and tied it into his powers. Scott's development in those years was quite organic and felt like he was a real person.

bump

anyone have that panel with him in a kimono?

Scott is a kinky fucker who acts like a repressed Puritan because that's what he thinks leaders act like. And Scott had just dealt with kinda/sorta psychic rape.
Emma was actually just manipulating him in the beginning iirc, she later fell in love with him.
I believe that it was both Emma and Jean's fault, Jean didn't talk shit out and Emma admitted that she knew full well that was she knew that she was ruining a relationship.

Bump

He's probably vaguely alluding to the dumb love triangle Lee set up between Scott, Jean, and his Asiafied waifu Psylocke back in the early 90's.

Bump

>all of their issues could have been resolved by just talking to each other
Literally the answer to every romance story.

Wasn't she was acting as his councilor at the time? At the very least she was being shady if not completely unethical.

Man this puts how awkward their relationship is in New X-men under such a new light. You fuckers told me I didn't need to read what came directlt before Morrison's run and I missed out on this? Fuck rec lists.

She explains to kitty later that she was just toying with him iirc

desu all this characterization was Morrison. After Scott was freed from Apocalypse, his immediate reaction was to become more of a life-loving care-free guy, but Grant dismissed that as a temporary manic phase before the depression sank in.

This one?

mang, scott just wanted to fix his marriage

Jean, for not initiating a threesome.

Those women undoubtedly have penises.

Was he forced to ejaculate inside !!??

checked

>tfw I am a conservative catholic with a homewrecker divorce fetish

also, Emma is my favorite comic book character

Don't worry. We all know that conservative catholics are all sexual weirdos.

>tfw they made Emma into Emmagneto

All that development... gone...
I can understand her going through some shit after Cyclops dying. I can understand her wanting revenge on the Inhumans for killing Cyclops. But making her into wanting Inhuman genocide? Come on, Marvel...

Actually, has she shown up in the relaunch yet?

You don't need to. the previous stuff adds context, but it's not really needed. You can still read New X-Men just fine without it.

Thank you!

No. I can't remember if she was mentioned in the Secret Empire panel that talked about the mutant sovereign nation or not, though.

we all want inhuman genocide at this point

Cyclops and Jean. Their marriage was always on the rocks. In the 90s Psylocke tried seducing Cyclops.

I don't know a more toxic pairing/marriage than Cyclops and Jean Grey-Summers.

All they do is cause the death and pain for the X-Men.

Emma is without blame.

youtu.be/jexqDCBCUMY

Phil Jimenez draws Cyclops skinny because of his nickname "Slim."

Jimenez got another crack at largely the same team in Warren Ellis' Astonishing X-Men.

and?