It

So I finally got around to seeing this. Easy 7/10, and if I hadn't read the book I'd have given it a 9. I knew I'd watch it (kek) eventually so I stayed away from threads about it, but I intuited enough from what I did see that it wasn't very well received around here.

So my question is basically this: what the fuck is wrong with you homos? Yeah, Fukachingchong would have made a better movie, Hockstetter being the scariest guy in the book was seriously underplayed, the movie may have been a touch too reliant on jump scares, etc. but overall this movie was way above average and as a horror film, it was awesome.

Congratulations. You're a pleb AND a faggot OP.

It was fucking boring and neither the story nor the characters were engaging in the least

>expecting Sup Forums to have good taste
Have you seen the hate for The Last Jedi on here?

>BOOO
>AGHHHHH
>I said a swear which means I'm a really accurate portrayal of a kid
>let's all act like we wanna fuck but not actually fuck so all the implied hivemind turtle power setup makes no sense and we should have probably dropped the weird tsundere shit

FUCKING. PIECE. OF. SHIT.

I liked it, dont read the book. We need more non-superhero and non-mouse movies to be huge successes

Totally bro lets go watch some more capeshit and circle jerk the next sjwars until the end of time, no need for any other type of movie to be successful

Have you seen your prolapsed anus user after disney pulls out and deposits 5 cream shekels into your mouth.

You sound like someone who only watches tentpoll focus tested shit and thinks It was some arthouse indie movie. You sound like a fucking pleb.

It has the cutest ship in the universe

>DUDE WHATS WRONG WITH YOU IF YOU IGNORE EVERYTHING THAT MADE THE MOVIE SHIT ITS AWESOME

I felt like it was well received here

oh my FUCKIN god those people are fucked in the head. Just disturbing.

*dances menacingly in your direction*

Steven King is a hack

Please. The book is a masterpiece compared to this shit.

What was the point of Mike in this? He's supposed to be the Derry history buff, not Ben. Ben is just part of the Bill/B-Bev love triangle.

>Totally bro lets go watch some more capeshit

I would instead bunch this movie -with- capeshit etc, thank you

lol

>horror film
It wasn't. Hence why it is trash

COME ON GET DOWN WITH THE SICKNESS

>getting triggered by a drawing

The first It is trash too, though

WHEN YOU'RE RIIIIIIIIIIIIPE, YOU'LL BLEED OUT OF CONTROL, YOU'LL BLEED OUT OF CONTROL

I don't know if Sup Forums is conditioning me, but it's one of my favourite books, read it 4 times in my life (could even be 5) and the movie just didn't do it for me.

Are you still my girl, Sup Forums?

>so all the implied hivemind turtle power setup makes no sense

I don't know whether you use turtle power as a joke or if you mean it in the sense of the book

Yeah it's a great book and a trash movie user

Wow...just wow. Seven out of 10? The movie is only like 30% of the novel. The narrative from when they're kids is just an interwoven series of flashbacks as the adults get together to go kill the demon responsible for Pennywise.

They literally dumbed down one of the great horror novels and turned it into a straight-ahead coming of age (boring) flick.

That said, Pennywise was awesome

Have you read the tie-in novel? Can you tell me what happens to the minions in the book? I thought it real weird that he try to merge with Witch Minion and Zombie Minion in the end and then they disappear?
Also what will sequel movie be about? Will Pennywise and Witch Minion and Zombie Minion go to a new town? New kids? The movie ended very abruptly.

IT was my fav movie of the year.

I just mean theres all this sexual tension in the book that culminates in "becoming adults" moment but in the movie it serves no purpose and just seems creepily tsundere like they're just trying to get the cunny audience. At least within the logic of the book that whole storyline makes sense. And please dont parrot some "dude he was on coke, dude self insert" blah at me you read from some "enlightened" slut on normiebook. Kids have sex, and it's hardly tasteless within the context of It.

>Are you still my girl, Sup Forums?

Another thing

they changed major lines/catchphrases from the book

one user said in a thread "sometimes I worry user. I worry a lot" and it shook my memory, so I thought that the movie had it and got hyped.

Also, the introduction to Georgie in the sours...your damn tagline is "You 'll float too" and there is no mention of it at all in the establishing scene.

Also, they didn't delve into Its nature too much. Not to mention the superficiality of them understanding that It's about their fears; the movie , I think, showed them simply understanding that. I don't know.

The sequel will probably be what they left out of the book. There's another half of the story, all of the kids go back to Derry as adults when murders start happening again. They all track down Pennywise's source to a giant spider demon living in a mine.

>Have you read the tie-in novel?

wut

That's a major tag line from the book.

THIS. Approx 600 pages paired down to 2 hrs. And I still would have preferred Will Poulter.

>it's hardly tasteless within the context of It.

I agree

>Kids have sex

I wish I had sex as a kid

no user I was just asking how you meant it, because I think I agree with you

And the minions, do they return?

Tie-in novel to the movie Pennywise?

4/10

Yeah, but I think they didn't give much context to it. And the floating part wasn't about all the bodies twirling around.

Have you watched the new series Dark? This is how they should portray the discovery of It's lair.

Maybe I am too picky because I read it.

Nah I'm the same way. The only thing I liked about the remake was Pennywise. Much more interesting and legitimately creepy with his child voice.

"Floating" is just a metaphor for death I think. In that context, Pennywise can say "you'll float too" all he wants. It's like balloons floating up to heaven.

>In that context, Pennywise can say "you'll float too" all he wants

the phrase is used extensively in the book, but it isn't given any weight during the movie.

Well, that's cuz the movie fuckin sucks, how many times do i have to say it

MANY

just wanted to clarify

haha well it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks

btw pun definitely intended

IT stinks

My bad, I get riled in regards to the praise for this movie

>Yeah, Fukachingchong would have made a better movie

His script had Richie and Eddie being gay for each other, of course it would be the superior film.

This means Mike will be extremely op in the next movie

What's disturbing about true love?

one of the worst movies I saw this year.

>movie set in 1988
>all the kids except Bowers have early 2000s clothes and haircuts

Fucking seriouysly, King?

Speaking of Bowers, people were saying he died but that was one of the most basic inconclusive movie deaths possible. He's clearly alive and will be reveaedl in an OMG moment next movie.

At this point the 90s miniseries is a masterpiece compared with this trash.

Yeah, Ben, Bill, and Bev all look and dress way too modern. Eddie's clothing and hairstyle was totally on point for the '80s though.

What if they are both kind of bad?

True, Eddie and Bowers then.

They are both kind of bad.

Stephen King if a hack who cant write shit

But the new one was good.

>being shipping fag from dumblr

it was

Reddie is real

>what the fuck is wrong with you homos?
Too many jump scares, pacing isn't good as it goes from horror scene to comedy scene in 5 seconds, if you took out the swearing it could easily be a PG 13 movie. Does not feel R Rated at all (calling it R Rated means this is along the same level as a film like Predator 2 which it is not).

>CREEPY INFECTED ZOMBIFIED GUY
That was PG 13 tier

>IT screaming like an idiot in basement
That was fucking awful. Original version of Georgie on his back as he is walking like the Exorcist would have been way more terrifying.

Here is some advice: go and watch a show called Channel Zero because THAT is how you do horror well. Not like this.

>kill off the bully when he is supposed to be put into prison in the sequel and then It helps break him out to kill the kids now grown up
How can you butcher a character?

>R Rated movie
>"WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A SCENE WHERE IT SAYS THE WORD "BLOW JOB" NOR ARE WE ALLOWED TO SHOW THE BULLIES MASTURBATING OR AT LEAST MAKING A REFERENCE TO MASTURBATION
Face it, they purposely made it feel like a PG 13 movie cos they knew lots of kids would go see it.

If the original director had made this, then it would have actually felt like an adult film.

Didn't see a body so I assume he will be back somehow.

*ahem* drider

Fukunaga isn't that great and his version would probably be a mess with one or two interesting parts.

I thought that was a rainbow flag on his shorts at first. I was gonna get really excited.

They're still rainbow stripes though. The symbolism works.

Richie was very funny and made me laugh everytime
I like Finn he was very underrated in ST but he shone in IT

well, there's still victor and belch, i think.
but i still believe that part 2 they'll focus on IT's origin and that gay turtle.

Are they friends in real life?

I think it was confirmed Henry is somehow still alive.

Yeah, all the cast members are friends irl.

I agree, people are viewing it as a straight up horror film when it’s more of a fantasy. Loved it, reminded me of why people like going to the movies, felt like an earlier Spielberg movie or something.

Yeah, all but cutting hockstetter was a mistake, but they also kept out some lame shit like the Paul Bunyan coming to life. Also liked that they made all the adults more sinister and alien than the book did

Fuck off back to Tumblr.

>he doesn't know

Makes more sense that Ben is the history geek anyway given his affinity for he library. Kid mike is a non event in the book anyway. So is Stan, and I feel Eddie was actually done better in the movie

>liking South Park: the horror movie
How

It's more like Sophia, Wyatt, and Jeaden are friends, Finn and Jack are friends, and the fat is all alone. The black one sometimes gets to join in on the S/W/J friendship threesome, while Finn and Jack are exclusive.

They're filming the next part next summer

I watched after eating a pot brownie. Not the least bit scary, and my wife had to keep shushing me because I kept laughing at all the dumb shit in it.

I also thought it was good. Just too jump scary. Needed a few more actual creepy scenes

Wyatt and finn are friends too

Nah, the chapters that focused on kid Mike were pretty great because so much intense shit happened in them, namely stuff involving Henry. Literally all I remember about Stan is that he likes birds and kills himself, he's a non-character in both the book and movie.

All the adult stuff sucks shit anyway. The only way to make a good sequel is to interweave the tragedies in Derrys history

Finn's gonna be 6ft tall by then.

Wyatt is closer with Jack, Finn doesn't have much to do with any of them anymore, the only person he ever replies to is Jack.

THEY'RE SO GAY

IT was a good movie as far as horror films go.
Fuckheads here are just contrarian, except when it comes to Pissney/Marlel then they go full soyboy mode.

Let's be honest here. Even if IT wasn't an insta-classic 10/10 kino, it was still very entertaining.
I had fun watching it and that's what matters to me.
Also it wasn't riddled with forced SJW bullcrap and it felt like watching a normal movie for once like way back when Hollywood haven't gone full retard.
Movies like that are so fucking rare these days. Movies that are trying to be an entertaining movie and not a piece of shit politically correct that panders to degenerates and minorities and shits upon the majority or normal people.
Maybe that's why Sup Forums hates it, who knows.

Friends who've touched weiners, yes

That’s true, the bullying element works well through mike. Otherwise he’s basically an excuse for the black spot and a fucked up bird to show up. They could have effectively had Mike replace Stan. I like the aspect of Stan being a little more mature and less able to handle the unreal nature of everything but they could have transposed that onto anyone

Yeah, Stan as a character suffers A LOT from being doomed from the start. For almost all the adult losers we get to know them as kids and as adults shaped by their past, but the first we see of Stan is his suicide.

I love Mike though. The interludes told from his POV made me wish we could get a miniseries adaptation with an actual budget.

Good on Finn for ditching the balding Jew for the superior sexually aggressive shota.