Fuck this film was great. Star Wars needed a good deconstruction and it even manages to redeem the Force Awakens...

Fuck this film was great. Star Wars needed a good deconstruction and it even manages to redeem the Force Awakens. Lets hope IX carries on the trend.

It was fucking great. Amazing how many muh-starwars fanboys got triggered because it went against their headcannon which makes it even better desu

It was good

Yeah I’m also retarded and I thought it was greort!

the nepalese disney shills are awake now

Personally, I loved this film. It was bold, and it took risks. Most importantly, it broke new ground. These are the reasons and more why I love the film. See More

$100 to anyone who can tell me the point of this film.

Breaking down expectations established in The Force Awakens.

To acquire currency

it was really about family

Sorry we can't produce anything of value, so here's what you liked, deconstructed!

That'll be $20 thanks!

So it was a movie about another movie?

The point is Disney needs to recover losses

Holy shit. That is ridiculously accurate.

>disney pays people to argue with spergs on Sup Forums about how star wars was actually good

Why not? Anything to avoid spending money on making the films not-shit.

Actually it's a trilogy of films that are all interconnected to a larger series.

I really hope this board doesn't reverse course and start praising it in the same vein as BvS to be contrarian fag-niggers.

My favorite part was win the First Order tracks them through lightspeed and everyone, INCLUDING FINN, is surprised by this new technology. And then a few scenes later Finn knows everything there is to know about the hyperspace tracker even though it's very existence was new to him a few scenes prior.

It was about the friends we made along the way

But that's not what they're about. You wouldn't say that The Empire Strikes Back is about A New Hope.

I have no issue with deconstructions, only when they're done poorly. Luke should have had his idealism fail him, perhaps he could have trusted Kylo to help him a la Vader in ROTJ for max pottery and been betrayed and weakened, choosing then to flee to the refuge of ancient Jedi knowledge to help him come to terms with where he failed in his teachings and how he could improve in the future. Finding no comfort in his books, he then feels that he is unfit to continue the Jedi Order.

There, I just created a character arc for Luke Skywalker that deconstructs his beliefs while staying true to his character without a large portion of the fans calling it character assassination. No need to thank me Disney, just be sure to retcon this and credit Anonymous.

It was designed for ix to have everything but hint at very little, there will be many twists and revalations that will make everyone go, oh thats what they were doing this, but not many people can see that.

Im JJ Abrams.

Star Wars had good deconstruction with KOTOR 2; a rushed, unfinished, buggy video game with less than a fraction of TLJ budget.

>THEY KILLED THE BAD GUY WHO NO ONE CARED FOR BECAUSE NOTHING ABOUT HIM WAS ESTABLISHED
>THERE WASNT A LIGHTSABER FIGHT
>THE WOMEN WERE THE HEROES
>IT WAS HIP AND MODERN
>NOTHING HAPPENS
Yeah sure subverted my expectation by making it shit on purpose.

I think this is accurate. A lot of plot threads were severed but can be picked up at any time, which will generate hype for the movie. It'll be some ESB Vader is Luke's father type shit, just wait, and make sure to attend the theater to find out!

It was about knowing who and who not to trust in power. What ideas you should hold on to and let go of. Its supposed to be a slap in the face to anyone who has expectations about the things they don't control.

Star Wars doesn't need a fucking deconstruction. And if you're going to do that, actually go fucking nuts and make it ultraviolent and horrific.

it was fuckin horrible.

>this thread

Doing things you didn't expect without changing the status quo too much in case nobody likes it so they can go back to playing it safe next time.

Rey - trying to find a place in a world/story that was supposed be created by a specific kind of people (big heroes, Skywalkers).
Kylo Ren - trying to stop living in a shadow of the better past (Vader) and trying to create something unique, accepting and being yourself.
Luke - confronting and deconstructing the "legend" myth that grew around his persona. We expect him to success beacuse he's Luke Skywalker? That's it? Literally similar line in the movie. That's why you as an audience and Luke as a character thought he couldn't possibly fail because he was a famous Luke Skywalker. A legend. But he was a simple man.
All those character traits work on meta level.
Movie is ultimately about stopping living in the past and trying tonfind your own voice and the place in the world.
100$ please.

obvious bait

It was okay, not great. Call me a Disney Shill if you like Sup Forums, but at least the mouse hated Jews

I don't blame Rian Johnson for the shit things that was on this movie, I pin this on Disney for their executive meddling.

>It was bold, and it took risks

What were those "risks" exactly?

You have to click on See More