Holy fucking shit

Holy fucking shit.
I just realized something obvious. I know why Ackbar died.
You want to know why? Because he is a fucking Admiral and JJ put him in TFA.
Think about it. If Leia is unconscious, who does the audience expect take over leadership? Yea, Admiral Ackbar.
But if Admiral Ackbar takes command, than Admiral Holdo, Kennedy's self insert, can't take command. He was in the wrong place and had to die to make room for Holdo.

That's right. They killed Ackbar for the sole reason to fucking shoehorn Admiral Purple Hair. A fucking self-insert Mary Sue OC character that is best friends with Leia and loves astrology but is also a super duper Admiral that belittles a main character just so she can nobly sacrifices herself and save everyone. The entire fucking narrative is twisted just so she can take a prominent role in the story.

Everyday I find a new way to hate this movie.

Fuck. I didn't notice that either til now. Goddamn commie bitch.

It subverted expectations!

we need another Holocaust
there I said it

Obviously. He was a fan favorite and unceremoniously offing him was clearly a "fuck you" to fans of the OT.

another one?
when was the first one?

DISNEY WARS IS NOT CANON REEEE

Kathleen Kennedy must be stopped.

The Voice Actor for ackbar died before filming finished

YOUR COCK IS NOT CANON

She is racist!! Se hates what the fuch admiral Ackbar is!!!! BITCH IS A WITCH!!

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you hate KK?

1 being spit on her feet

10 being jacking off to her burning alive

That's a great observation, user. He had to go to make room for Admiral Women's Studies.

i kind of like seeing something i once loved crash and burn

and in the end, it's a film about family

They couldn’t have gotten another voice actor? They didn’t have a problem with getting a replacement voice actor for cgi tarkin in rogue one

Holy shit, Mel Gibson browses Sup Forums!

And yeah I'm getting there, too.

Like a 7. Extreme dislike with everything she’s done to the series but I didn’t exactly have high hopes for good new Star Wars considering the last good Star Wars movie was in 1983.

I would operate the flammenwerfer myself if I could

>women are in control now, time to prove ourselves and show em what we can do!
>catastrophically fuck up literally everything specifically in ways that make it look like misogynist satire of women
Id say a 9

Did Ackbar get an offscreen death in the Yuuzhan vong war too though?
Not defending this by the way but I read he basically died of nothing offscreen in the EU and want to check.

Also OP they couldn't give him the hyperspace scene because his name is Ackbar and blowing himself up would be um like really problematic.

5, because she is doing this on purpose, she's just incompetent as fuck

>when you turn psychological pain into a fetish to save your mind

its because his voice actor died they literally could have just made her second in command to leia without killing him if they wanted

That's why they killed off Leia too, right?

>another

>It subverted expectations!

We expected it to be good!

> They killed Ackbar for the sole reason to fucking shoehorn Admiral Purple Hair.
fucking Jew Jew Abrams and disney jews, no wonder people say Jews ruin everything. Must be how inbred they are that makes them think this kind of shit is normal, let alone purple fucking hair, why not throw in a nose piercing and a tramp stamp while their at it.

like wtf bro?

Enough of this shit excuse.
Voice actors, pitch editing, costume. Done.
Carrie Fisher? Just Marypoppins her shit up, we will just CGI her in so 9.

Wtf?
I'm not seeing the logic here.

RIP Ackbar

Maybe, JJ had such creative control while making TFA that Kennedy didn't like it and couldn't do jackshit about it because he was selected by Spielberg himself. So, "killing the old" and inserting her as Holdo, was a leadership's middle finger to JJ. She most be really desperate to accept him back. Also, JJ didn't know about the force awakens until it was released, it doesn't matter if he continues to say otherwise, he is in big trouble now.

This time we kill all women.

>return of the Jedi
>good

stop breathing

Good point.

Top fucking lel

>Did Ackbar get an offscreen death in the Yuuzhan vong war too though?
>Not defending this by the way but I read he basically died of nothing offscreen in the EU and want to check.
>Also OP they couldn't give him the hyperspace scene because his name is Ackbar and blowing himself up would be um like really problematic.

Ackbar died of old age in the lucasart EU. Which turns out to be not that far in how old Erik Bauersfeld died

I felt like I was the only one who noticed this until now. Ackbar taking Holdo’s role would have been way better.

like disney gives a fuck

They did it because they didn't want a character named "ackbar" to suicide bomb themselves.

TURN IT UP TO 100 FRIENDO

no one actually cares about ackbar, he was never ever a character, he was the narrator for the Battle of Endor

you pretend he's a character because you place undue importance on him based on memes and EU shit

the entire resistance would have no problem following Ackbar's order without question.

Holdo lack the confidence of those she lead.

Oh god that makes perfect sense. I loved Admiral Ackbar so much, just when I thought it wasn't possible to dislike this movie any further...

the subplot needed someone whom the audience doesn't know or trust so Poe can have conflict with them, people wouldn't doubt Ackbar's intentions

The subplot that went exactly nowhere other than getting a load of resistance fighters killed?

>kill greatest "alien" officer in the series to make room for another boring hooman girl

pathetic

>kill off Luke and Han even though their actors are still alive
>Carrie Fisher is dead but Leia is the only to live due to lol force bs
Granted Harrison Ford hasn't given a shit since 1983 but wew does NuWars get more retarded the more I think about it.

hurr why does the movie that's explicitly about growing from failure feature a failed plan as one of its central plots?

Fuck this movie and fuck Disney.

I taste salt

That is not what the movie was about and you know it.

What was the movie about?

feminists killed ackbar

>people have loyalty to a literal throwaway fish alien character

Noone gives a shit about ackbar aside from his catchphrase. Killing him off was smart because the audience wpuld never be able to take him seriously as a plot important character. Another reminder that most of tv has no idea how to craft a story.

The subplot that tied to one of the central themes of the movie plus completed poes arc yes. Cmon brainlet step it up

>Central theme of the movie is failure
>Movie is a complete failure on every level
>Makes half as much as TFA at the box office

That really subverted my expectations...

Family

it broke new ground!

IT'S A TRAP (male)

I've come to the conclusion that the entire direction of this new trilogy has turned out to be a gigantic mistake. The first trilogy (4-6) was, in broad strokes, about the weak but hopeful forces of light rebelling against the odds against the dark and powerful empire. The second trilogy (1-3) was essentially the same story in reverse---a story of subterfuge and subversion by the forces of darkness against the just but complacent forces of good.

This new trilogy hasn't provided a coherent plot to answer for this essential theme of good vs. evil. So we're essentially back to where we were in '4' with regard to the relative balance of power between light and dark? And what the hell is the RESISTANCE and the FIRST ORDER? It's like JJ could't figure out how it all fit together relative to the theme of good versus evil.

seriously, why are there so few major alien characters in these movies besides Yoda and maybe Chewie?

Oh no, they killed off the "It's a trap" meme guy. Woe is me.

>That's right. They killed Ackbar for the sole reason to fucking shoehorn Admiral Purple Hair.
i think that was obvious to everyone with a functioning pulse user

wow are u nu?
its a trap was gr8

>audience wpuld never be able to take him seriously as a plot important character

which speak to the limitation of your and disney's capability.

Rian only cares about Kylo Ren. His OCs and the bastardized versions of every established characters (from OT and ST) are empty shells whose sole purpose is give us 90 mins of filler between two Reylo Force skypes.

R O A S T I E S
S H A L L
I N H E R I T
T H E
E A R T H

What they should've done was have Holdo step down and let Ackbar take command. He tells her to escape in one of the smaller ships but she stands by him (slightly redeeming her character) and they hyperspace ram the First Order together.

Yoda literally spells it out for you, you fucking retard

how the FUCK is this movie too complicated for Sup Forumsautists?

>Off hand mention of only 400 survivors of the resistance
I'm sorry, that that fucking bullshit in a conflict that is supposedly galactic sized. Even if you are going to have that, should be the other fucking way around with the First Order being the small but powerful army against the Republic.

Is it unironically worth seeing this a second time ?

not at all man

you're a lost cause

Fag

The Resistance was always framed as smaller offshoot of the Republic's military, and Holdo throws out that number after they've already taken heavy casualties from the First Order's attacks.

What's left of the Republic is probably busy fighting the First Order's assault (they're like the "allies in the Outer Rim" mentioned throughout the movie) we just don't see them because that's not what the movie is about.

>maybe if i give more money to disney it will make them like me more

400 people is still a bullshit number for a conflict on this scale.

>self insert characters
>in a major blockbuster film

is this amateur hour?

>on this scale

Where is it said that the Resistance is fighting a galactic scale war? They aren't. They're a small but elite private military funded out of Leia's own pockets.

They are fighting against a group that made the fucking Starkiller base that blew up core worlds of the republic. That's galactic scale warfare.

haha wew

and how many X-wings did they deploy against Starkiller Base? A dozen, fifteen at most. They're a smaller force launching tactical strikes against the First Order because the Republic wasn't doing anything to fight against them.

You just have this idea in your head that the Resistance is the size of the Grand Army of the Republic or the Rebel Alliance when it clearly isn't

I've heard she's already filmed some episode IX shit before she died so obviously she completed all her scenes from this one.

I've got the idea that something that small in galactic warfare is nothing.

okay, you're autistic and not worth arguing with

A force that small should be nothing compared to something that can make Starkiller base. The reason why the original rebellion worked is because it was actually larger in numbers compared to the Empire. Weapon AND number disadvantage should mean the resistance is dead.

The Force(d character) is Female

>Weapon AND number disadvantage should mean the resistance is dead.

...and as the Last Jedi clearly shows, the Resistance spends the entire movie running away because they can't hope to take on the First Order in a straight-on fight. Leia even chews out Poe for his dreadnought attack because the First Order can take the losses but the Resistance can't afford it. What's your problem?

That they lasted as long as they did.

The Resistance is hardly framed at all in these movies. In TFA they almost go unexplained, and it seems like they were really relying on you just not remembered or having not seen RotJ, where the Rebellion wins and the Republic is restored. What you learn is that for some reason there's a "Resistance" running around (rebranded to seem similar to #resist?!?!) and also a paramilitary Imperial fragment called the First Order, and that's basically all you get. The Republic never shows up in the first movie in spite of all the obvious threat that the First Order poses, and Leia never discusses what her relationship is with the Republic and why they're not helping out.

Then in TLJ they're the last hope against the FO, except no one cares and the FO apparently took over the whole galaxy offscreen in between eps 7 and 8, so it's again not clear that they're an "offshoot" of anything and really just seem like their own rogue unit.

So first off I have to flat out reject that the Resistance has always been framed in any way at all, because it hasn't been, and second the idea that they have any kind of official relationship with the Republic or anyone else seems to run counter to what you see them doing in the first movie especially and the second movie too.

And it's amazing this shit isn't clarified because the conflict between the FO and the Resistance is the plot of the entire fucking trilogy.

>that whole description
Fucking cancer. I actually didn't hate her as much as I thought I would but that was fucking garbage. They couldn't even give her natural purple hair at least to make her more fantasy-like.

11, eating her raped corpse only for me to shit her out and preserve the shit in resin do that way she will be forever shit

>just realized something obvious
>makes a thread about it anyway, neetsplaining it

>The Republic never shows up in the first movie in spite of all the obvious threat that the First Order poses, and Leia never discusses what her relationship is with the Republic and why they're not helping out.

Their capital and their fleet gets blown up by Starkiller Base. There was originally going to be some boring political exposition in the movie about how the Republic was ignoring the First Order and Leia was going to send an agent to the Republic to request more assistance but those scenes were all cut because they know no one but wikifags actually cares about this shit.

It's because the actor who played Ackbar died you fucking idiot

>EU shit
He's barely existent there. He's mostly movie canon. Which makes him a higher authority based on Lucas interpretation. But who cares about that? Its a Dysney movie.

...That no longer supports family values.

There is a voice actor listed for Ackbar in the credits, who isn't dead. He talks in the movie, shitlord. Not much, but he does.

>(rebranded to seem similar to #resist?!?!)

Trump wasn't even running for President back during TFA.