ITT: in character moments when Superman is legit scary from comics and cartoons

ITT: in character moments when Superman is legit scary from comics and cartoons

>inb4 MUH RED EYES

See even THIS is true to Superman's character. He is angry, he is vengeful, but he is also merciful and not an ass. I want a Superman movie that has a cross between this and All-Star Superman, not MoS.

>superman using a gun
what is this

A faithful, live action All-Star Superman that trimmed out the superfluous stuff (the super sphinx and Jimmy Olsen subplots, as wonderful as they are in the comic, would be major turnoffs for a wide audience and would only make the movie longer than it had to be) would be incredible.

Superman catches the bullet in the next page and says "Now you know what she saw and felt." before dragging him to the police where he confesses and goes to jail.

>(the super sphinx and Jimmy Olsen subplots, as wonderful as they are in the comic, would be major turnoffs for a wide audience and would only make the movie longer than it had to be)

logic like this got us that shitty animated adaption that cut out Zibarro

Even in the modern age, Superman is at his best when casual. Casually threatening ("You know, I don't HAVE to be nice.") casually heroic ("Don't worry, I'm on it.") and casually insulting ("Astral form, Zatanna? Nice astral butt you got there.")

Superman has so many great stories that any of them faithfully adapted to movies would probably be an insane hit. I would love it if they did some of the earlier arcs leading up to a movie version of... oh god help me I can't remember the arc where that group of evil superpowers attacks Superman to try to make him go evil, and Superman beats them all in the end without actually going down to their level. The one where Superman defeats their boss by giving him a tiny heat beam through his eye to give him a migraine to disable his telepathy?

Seeing that as a movie and hearing the lines "Dreams lift us up" and that whole speech "I won't stop" speech would be amazing.

The bits on Htrae would totally be kept though, the way I'm thinking of it. The entire time that Supes is trapped there, Lex would team up with Solaris and start wrecking shit.

And probably gets the confession labeled as inadmissible because being shot at by Superman would count as being under duress.

It's BATMAN!

>but he is also merciful and not an ass.
How the hell is Cavill Supes a "merciless ass"?

Cavill Supes is super merciful. Like the time he destroyed the batmobile instead of murdering Batman.

Doubtful because A) comics don't usually do that sort of thing unless they are deliberately trying to make a point, and B) I think the guy actually had a life changing experience and regretted it.

Also there was no threat of violence since there was zero chance of him actually being hurt by the bullet because its freakin' Superman. Once that situation resolved itself there was no duress leveled on the person because he was in no danger.

Finally they had the children's testimony that he sold them the gun, so he probably was happy to take whatever bargain he could get rather than a full trial.

Batman was killing people though.
That's the fucking point.
Supes IS being merciful.
The whole movie is Bruce realizing that Supes is a good person even though he's a walking WMD, and this causes Bruce to escape his deranged paranoia and stop killing.

Like the time he slammed a guy through multiple clay and brick walls and killed him in the first 5 minutes of the movie? Like how he kept bringing up how he was going to break or could easily break people? How he saw Batman chasing a bunch of bad guys, and rather than stop them all and figure out what was going on instead he just planted himself in front of the batmobile and then ripped the roof off?

You know what really pissed me off that I always see people jerking over?

World of Cardboard from JLU. Yeah Supes is way stronger and has to hold back but he's the kind of guy is happy to do that. You know he would call a day he didn't have to go all out? A good one. He's not fucking Goku he doesn't want to fight, he doesn't want to unleash his full strength. He's a very down to earth alien because he was raised by a humble modest earth family

see
Also the only even sort of valid one is your first point, but even then he's not being an ass, since he's saving a life, he's only being unmerciful.
And his actions in Africa are a plot point.
>Superman acted like a rogue combatant to rescue you

It isn't him being merciful its him being stupid. He sees Batman chasing after bad guys armed with guns. He sees Batman KILLING people. He doesn't try to help any of the people Batman is killing, he doesn't try to find out why these guys with guns in a heavily armored truck are running from the Batman, and he doesn't try to stop the bad guys.

Instead he just cockblocks Batman, gives him a phony speech that IGNORES the fact that Batman just slaughtered a bunch of dudes, and then runs off.

It wasn't merciful, it was a dick move. "I don't care you are killing people, I just wanted to annoying you and bust up your crime fighting to give you this ultimatum before flying off."

>using an Austen picture

That it's superman wouldn't hold up in court. He was being threatened by a being that is like a walking god. An emotional appeal that it wouldn't have hurt him cause it's Superman wouldn't hold up. He had no choice in the situation but to be told what to do by something many times his superior.

All they'd have is the child's testimony, and child testimonies are considered unreliable.

I always assumed World of Cardboard was him being angry at people and not being able to just let loose. Someone pointed out that Superman once walked into a house and found a kid that had gotten beaten by his dad. Superman sees the kid bruised and crying in a basement then turns around just as the dad gets to the top of the stairs. Superman walks up those stairs and proceeds to grab the dad and takes him to the cops, but he was ANGRY, like furious in a way he rarely is the entire freakin' time, but he didn't break the stairs. Superman was filled with rage, but in control the entire time or else he would have broken the stairs just by pushing himself off of them, he would have broken the banister just by having his hand pass through it, but he didn't because he was in control.

World of Cardboard wasn't him regretting he never gets to cut loose, it was him saying that he CAN'T cut loose because he would kill people just by trying to touch them, but he doesn't have that problem with Darkseid because he can hit Darkseid as hard as he wants and keep going.

Anyone have that page from when he helps a domestic-abused wife and son, but out of context it looks like he wants to beat the kid up? It has Supes looking down some stairs.

>"I don't care you are killing people, I just wanted to annoying you and bust up your crime fighting to give you this ultimatum before flying off."
Are you being intentionally obtuse?
Clark (as a reporter) has been following up the Bat vigilante story in Gotham and how Batman is being more cruel as of late.
He stops him to tell him to be more humane or there will be consequences.

This movie is not that hard to understand.

No, he stops Batman to tell him that "The Bat is dead, next time your signal is in the sky don't answer it". After he crashes Batman's car and rips the roof off. Which is after Superman stops Batman from chasing bad guys armed with guns that are trying to bring illegally smuggled WMDs into the country.

You are the one being obtuse, but its okay because it reminds me of how stupid people that suck Snyder's cock are.

>to tell him that "The Bat is dead, next time your signal is in the sky don't answer it".
...because Clark (as a reporter) has been following up the Bat vigilante story in Gotham and how Batman is being more cruel as of late.
He stops him to tell him to be more humane or there will be consequences.

This isn't me saying 2deep4u, this is literally his plainly laid out motivation in that scene.

Slott on Twitter was shitposting about how Superman never intimidates and I tweeted him this and obviously he blocked me, good times.

The fuck was he smoking? Superman has been threatening and intimidating plenty of times.