Why did Marvel think this would last past 6 issues?

It turns out Marvel would have preferred to cancel this title as soon as possible, but allowed the writer a few more issues to close the story ending the run at issue 6. Why did Marvel believe this could be an ongoing when fans already knew this wouldn't last 6 issues?

Why do you think they thought it would go past 6 issues? Seems like an obvious stealth mini.

Is Black Power & Da Crew being cancelled, since when?

The concept is abhorrent, we'll lump a group of black people together despite no firm commonalities or attachment because....Solidarity and demonstrate the injustices of whitey (or at least I'm assuming how it will play out)

Because the writer said low sales was the reason for the cancellation and not because it was supposed to be a mini.

The same with black panther and the world of wakanda . Lol marvel.

Manifold is the one that makes the least sense here. He's not Black, he's Abo. If you needed to include a melanin-man from Hickvengers for some reason why not Nightmask?

Source?

they always lie

They didnt. They couldnt have. Just because black doesnt mean we would support it. Hell im black and i have no interest in Black Panther because hes a cunt and Huldin's run still sours me on how it treated Storm.

Helk i havent seen Luke Cage cuz im not interested in the character. But theres a difference in TV/Movies. They are easy to get to, you cant expect a book to sell when you only talk about it once and expect it to sell cuz black.

Try any comic book website dude....cbr, bloody cool, it's not that hard.

Why would the writter need to lie about his book being cancelled? First of all, it's pretty self evident when you look at the sales. Second of all, what would be the benefit of Marvel lying that another one of their book is dying due to low sales? Retarded much?

>what would be the benefit of Marvel lying
You must be new to Marvel?

because even though everyone with a brain understand these things are not ongoings they still trick a few suckers successfully each time

I'll add, in case it wasn't obvious, the trick is that promoting a book as an ongoing gets more sales than if you're honest from the start that it's a mini.

That's a pretty noob thing to say. You've obviously been a a cave the last few months because the current perception is that Marvel titles are not selling so it would actually hurt them to admit that they have another title that's being cancelled due to low sales. You should probably stop commenting if you're just going to make tarded statements.

>triggered

That may be the case with a few titles and Marvel has proven that they are stupid enough to think this, but this title was clearly an lack of sales. If it's a stealth mini...why the fuck would they anounce cancellation by the 6th issue when only two issues have currently been out. Use your brains. If it was a stealth mini, obviously they would wait until all 6 issues are out or they would just wait until solicits are out and indicate that it would be the last title. The writter wouldn't announce that the title was ending at 6 issues when only the second issue has been out.

How am I triggered. Informing idiots is being triggered now? Nothing I've said is remotely untrue.

Insulting is not an argument, triggered user.

Because Black Panther did well and when something does well they need to greenlight a bunch of spinoffs, even if it causes the original to sell less well.

Black Panther would be doing better now if they hadn't diluted it with spinoffs, and the editors know this, but they have to do the spinoffs even if they confuse and drive away the readers who bought the main book.

If you say so, there's really no helping the retarded even though the info is easily within reach. Ah well.

>everyone is stupid but me
Oh well.

That looks terrible.

The concept, the cover....but why?

It's like they heard me bitch that when Rhodes died none of the Crew showed up.

>We'll just make the black characters that did into the Crew...problem solved.

This might have been my fault guys, sorry.
Teach me not to complain anymore.

Its kinda obvious, no one wants to read comics with a all black cast.

>Some people still believe Marvel when they say a cancelled title was a mini all along.

I think you have this backwards there user.

Marvel stating that it was "always meant to end in 6 issues" would be a lie, it's damage control if you make it appear intentional.

A writer coming out and stating that it was cancelled due to poor sales is an admission of failure, it's an all too rare public display of failure.

If it had been anyone other than Coates I imagine they would have been radio silent at best and towing the company line at worst. Coates doesn't drink the corporate cool-aid, he's telling it like it is because comics are just a fun little thing he does on the side. Shame he's not very good at it because his honesty is a rare treat from Marvel.

No, cancellations are normalized so it doesn't look bad. Everyone can just handwave it as "shit happens" or blame the concept.

If they admit that half their books are minis it makes them look really bad. Shows they are not dedicated to readers nor creators. And LCSes and collectors vastly prefer ongoings, would really kill their order numbers even more.

Which is fine if it happens every now and then, but when you've got excessive cancellations of titles due to low sales, it is bad. This is not something you want happening even if you're as backwards as Marvel has been the last decade.

Sometimes you throw shit out there and hope it sticks. Marvel knew there was little chance of this doing much, but there was a small chance.

Marvel has a certain number of monthly books they want to have out there. It's too many, yes. But until they decide to have a smaller number, this will keep happening.