HULK

Is this the "Man of Steel" of Marvel movies? I think it is!

>mixed reception
>main villain is a general
>very few comedic moments
>huge emphasis on fathers in both
>very dark and serious for the genre
>bruce almost never smiles just like clark
>has gained a small cult following that prefer it to most superhero movies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DIGGyidGagA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if they went back and took out the retarded comic book panels this movie would be legit 8/10

That added a lot to the movie though.

it didn't really fit the tone of the movie at all if you ask me
the existential themes, the score, and nick nolte's performance were all 10/10 though

It's one of the best comic book movies ever made. Go read the reviews. Go on. I'll wait.

The biggest complaints sound fucking dumb now.
>Why is the Hulk so big and green?
>Why did they CGI the Hulk?
>Why isn't there more action?
>Why is the Hulk movie so focused on psychology?

It's painfully obvious that the baby boomer critics were only aware of the tv show, and had no idea what the comics were about.

I really dug it when it came out, but I was only ten. Maybe I should revisit it.

there was also alot of focus on there not being another monster for him to fight, and thought the hulk dogs were stupid. the cinematography and direction in that scene is awesome, and the concept of a hulk poodle is pretty entertaining

Eric Bana. Phew.

What no one talked about was the studio slashing the budget mid production and cutting out 30 minutes of planned CGI fight scenes. Ang Lee did some fucking great work on HULK and was fucked over hard.

Holy shit, I didn't know this. The fight scenes were already really well done, but a little sparse. That would have propelled it to a 10/10 for me easily.

The worst part is that the studio deflected all the blame onto Ang Lee despite being responsible for the films most criticized shortcomings.

The movies Lee made before and after HULK both won Oscars, yet people like to pretend like my Asian homie forgot how to direct for a year. HULK is the bomb, man.

This single scene is better than the whole MCU youtube.com/watch?v=DIGGyidGagA

It's crazy how low our expectations have sunk. Compared to modern stuff this is a masterpiece. It's competently shot, the lighting isn't bland and flat, the camera work is dynamic, the acting is great. It's the dream.

Agreed. HULK is criminally underrated.

People would rather see dance-offs than this kino. Damn shame.

Why did we allow nu-males to make "no smiles so it's bad" complaint legitimate? It's such a nonsense childish complaint. These are the same people doing faces like pic when taking pictures?

Very accurate. This is a fantastic CBM from before people forgot what comic book characters can be.

I have no clue. It really is a retarded complaint.

Do you mean Incredible Hulk or Hulk by Ang Lee?
I thought they were both better than the reception they got.

It has a few silly and wonky moments, but overall it's a damn solid super hero movie.

Unlike Man of Steel.

Side note: Which had the better Betty?

Connelly in Hulk was fucking tasty as fuck tier. Never really cared much for Liv's weird chin though.

you just know much piss was used later

The pic in the OP shows a poster of Hulk by Ang Lee...I think it's undeniably better than the MCU Hulk movie.

Yea, The Villain thing threw me. I just associated General with military and Abomination being a military guy that turned into the main villain.

The only fun thing about this movie is the retarded action scenes, the rest is so fucking dull.

Oh never mind, OP is talking about the old Hulk, I was talking about MCU Hulk.