The Leftovers

just finished this show, wow, i'm not sure what to think but S1 and S2 were great, what did people think of S3 and the ending?

How can he be an alcoholic and maintain such low bodyfat %? bullshit

nora lied

kev sr episodes were pure kino

episode 7 is the real finale

deb8 me

1=2=3

It's actually the only show that I feel all of the seasons were equally amazing. The final season had some of the best acting I have ever seen. Theroux should have been the obvious winner for best actor. His role was so much more complex than any other role and he carried it out like a champ.

lied about what? I'm drunk and dont remember the ending, wait its coming back as I type this, didnt she teleport to where the missing people went..

I don't think Nora lied. It would kind of defeat the purpose of her going to such great lengths to force Kevin to admit what happened. also I NEED to believe she told the truth ;_;

>didnt she teleport to where the missing people went

no she lied about that and went into hiding

>nora lied
was this one of those endings that was supposed to be left open to interpretation? Me personally, i do agree that she was lying about the other side, just testing Kevin, but i just dont know how to feel about the ending. I guess everythings all fine and dandy. All the weird bullshit about the entire show was basically for nothing.

she lied because she loved the victim complex and couldn't take the shame of a fraud investigator falling for 'le teleporty family device'.

but didn't she come back?

I'm in the severe minority of people who thought S3 was the best one. I never got into this show and I hated S2 for the most part, but the balls to the wall nuttiness of S3 appealed to me.

Matt was the best, Michael was the worst.

>was this one of those endings that was supposed to be left open to interpretation?

if i remember right he said it was and then backtracked about it and said she told the truth because people got mad about that due to lost or something

she backed out at the last second while the water was rising in the chamber, thats why they showed that scene of her yelling out multiple times.

i think the point the show was trying to make was, it doesn't matter if she actually went or not, its that they had eachother in the end and everything was okay. Thats how i see it, but even then idk, it was a great ending, but i feel maybe they had another ending in mind.

I think why this didn't land so well is because their relationship meant fuck all. She treated him like shit most of the time. He was out to lunch the rest of the time. Nobody that's ever been in a healthy relationship was rooting for these people to make it.

But she was past the victim complex and even through a lie it shows that. She was no longer a victim, either her family had moved on and grown happy separate from her or she was convincing others that that was what happened. Not to mention she lived in solitude where no one really cared who she was.With all of the resurrection and dissappearing and shit why is it not probable that the device worked?

There's two things that really convinced me she told the truth. First off, she forced Kevin to accept the reality of what happened and refused to allow him to lie to himself about it. and the other is that she got back together with Kevin. Why would she spend such an effort to get away and stay away (to the point of not even going to Matt's funeral) if she did want to be back. I get the shame of how they left things and the time that had passed making it harder but I don't see Nora going to that great of lengths to avoid an ex.

>Laurie didnt kill herself

STILL FUCKING MAD THEY DID THAT

Yeah this was a total copout. I never gave a fuck about Laurie, but that episode made me really like her. Then that silence after she goes into the water. Bunch pussies.

>why is it not probable that the device worked?

because nobody else came back

honestly, during S3E7 i thought the Vice President reveal was going to be her.

nora's pseudo-bush was laughable. lets take some mentally ill woman and put her in a stressful supernatural environment where she chain smokes, guess what she's NOT going to do. that's right, shave her bush. and the whole explanation at the end was dumb, should have just left it mystery and ended series. still good show, though

That's because they passed the test. Remember Nora failed. The test was there to make sure you were incapable of letting go and that it was the right thing for you to go over. They knew Nora belonged in the main world and that she would regret going there. No one else came back because no one else wanted to come back.

This is the most retarded post I've seen in months

>tfw didnt even consider this
wow, i think she really mighta went over.

nah this is a load of shite, if they built a machine to get there and could build a machine to get back there is no reason a bunch of people wouldnt go back

It never ends.

;_;

To me, her lying seemed like the natural assumption. It played into the themes of the show so well, it was just like Nora to lie or exaggerate to protect herself, however Lindelof in some interview right after the finale aired was apparently like "woah, I never thought she might be lying." That makes me feel weird, but my head-canon is that she is lying.

thats interesting, i gotta see that interview.

I think it was a text interview.

The only good parts of this show were the priests scenes.
Season 1 had the annoying smoking mutes, come on that really was annoying to the viewer.

No it wasn't.

It was.

the lost writer is so far up his ass own ass

If there are people who want to go there, there would be people there who would want to come back.

That's literally why they were so selective though. There were millions who lost family members in the Departure. They didn't send them all over, they just sent the people they knew would want to stay there. Why else would they have the test?

stop peddling this stupid idea

are you telling me they pruporefully refused to send over people who had some family memebers who departed and some who didnt?

they only sent over people like nora who lost all their families?

people that were on their own in the other world didnt want to go back like nora to our world and see their families? the man who built the machine refused to let any of them know about a way back?

You're not getting what im saying. If people from A wanted to go to B, people from B would want to go to A. Neither ever happened. She was lying.

Two legendary things about this show
- Justin Theroux singing simon & garfunkel
- Mark Linn Baker the only leftover Perfect Strangers cast member.

>are you telling me they pruporefully refused to send over people who had some family memebers who departed and some who didnt?
Yes, did you not pay attention to the dude who killed himself in the Kevin Sr episode?
Also you're failing to understand the purpose that it fulfills within the story. This is supposed to be that hypothetical "What if I could go back" button. Would we want to try to go back and pretend like everything is normal or is it better that whatever happened, happened and we find new people/things to move on. There are some people who just refuse to move on and there are others that go back and forth but most of them are better off just moving on. Besides like she said "It took a very long time" to do anything on the other world because of depopulation. How long do you think it took people to hear about it let alone get to the machine and travel back? Longer than it took Nora (literally the first person to go back)

Maybe people from B did go to A after Nora. There's nothing to say they didn't

or it was just written to incite debate but it backfired because no one cares enough to go against what's obvious.

Im not one for delusion.

no no stop it

nora has been hiding in australia for years and kevin is completely unaware that you can return from there which means there has not been one departed person who has shown up on our world again and had media attention from it

if nora is not lying it means she was the only one who came back which does not make sense and i dont appreciate lindelof peddling that shit just because people complained about losts ending

Nah. It's just that the ending and the show in general doesn't work if she's telling the truth.

Nothing about the show really works after season 1, because it's more about how kevin is jesus than anything.

Why would there be media attention from it? Was there media attention around the group sending people over in the first place? Was there a big "scam" show about people incinerating people who had lost everything in weird capsules? Stop being so close minded about a world that you don't even live in. Saying it's because of Lost's ending is retarded too since Lost had a crystal clear ending that only retards think is even slightly ambiguous Christian Chepherd literally explains the whole thing in detail at the end of Lost

>Why would there be media attention from it?

hmmmm yes why would there be media attention of people who departed returning, i wonder why anybody would care about that

>Saying it's because of Lost's ending is retarded

its not, lindelof has referenced the reaction to losts ending when discussing the finale of the leftovers

It's not that people wouldn't care but the people returning/going would understand that the damage had already been dealt. Just like Nora there would be people who regretted going back or forth but it would A) take time for people who wanted to go to get their shit in order and actually do it (far longer than it took Nora) and B) there wouldn't be as many since the population was smaller. Then there's C) People would realize just as Nora had, that they were better off where they were. In actuality the scientist could have simply sent Nora back and destroyed the machine. She had already crossed after failing the test. Why bother sending anyone else back and forth?

Yeah, he's referenced the reaction to Lost's ending but basically he's said. "I don't regret anything, it's a shame people are retarded and don't know how to listen to Christian Shepherd. The two are nothing alike though. You have an argument when discussing whether Nora lied or not. There is no argument on what happened at the end of Lost.

First season was great. No clue how it ended as I dropped it about 30 minutes into episode 1 of season 2 and never looked back.

You missed out on the best parts.

Well I didn’t watch lost but from what I’ve read he got alot of shit for it being ambiguous

he stated Nora didn’t lie and the only reason I think he said as much is because he didn’t want a repeat of that, it just doesn’t make sense to me that she told the truth, it means saying that either nobody came back through other than Nora or the man who made the machine refused to send anybody else through which wouldn’t make sense because if he wanted to see the departed so much why wouldn’t he want to help those who departed without their other family members cross back and be reunited

Season 2 is pure, unfiltered, liquid, from the mountains of job, KINO.

I haven't even watched it a second time and thinking about it makes me want to cum.

last ep was some of the best television ever.

this was the second best episode of the season

pure kino

>season 1 is a musing on stages of grief
>season 2 and 3 are lost2.0

>people praise this

>rewatched season 1+2 two times
>watched the third season until the last episode
>downloaded the final episode got drunk and jerked off to naked nora
>fell asleep and deleted the finale after that
>never download it again

Patrician

Who /Aimee/ here?