True Detective Season 4

Charles Lawson (Brad Pitt) is a cop who has it all- A great position, A loving family and money. But it all comes tumbling down when members of his department turn up dead and all the evidence points to the murders being committed five minutes before his entry. Chasing him are CIA operatives Charlie Zack (Tom Cruise) and his rookie partners Eugene Jones (Michael Cera) and Tommy Plescott (Paul Dano). With each member of the CIA squad coming in contact with Lawson, a mystery unfolds. Meanwhile, other murders are committed when Lawson is on the run.
Will the men find redemption? Will Lawson have his old life back? Who IS the cop killer?

Director: Bryan Fuller
Cinematographer: Emmanuel Lubezki
Score by Hans Zimmer and Junkie XL

>Plescott get off your cunt and have a drink. Save your sob stories for your fucking wife.

>rain check.

>say hi to her for me. your wife.

Which one is transgender?

>knock it off with that wife shit Jones!

>come on all y'alls it's a sabotage

>X is an X that has is it all

*brad pitt enters, uncharacteristically late*
>did i miss anything important?

Cruise won’t work with Pitt again because he was a Bitch on interview with the vampire

That was years ago

danos wife

>*he's just finishing up a turkey sub*

>that hairline
holy shit

>Paul Dano
Instant classic

Tom went out and got the new Brad Pitt in his new mission impossible

>*dano moves to punch cera in the face*
>*but misses, it turns out he was force projecting the whole time*

Wipe that bloody smirk off your face, Lawson. People are going to die today

cut to michael cera watching the sunset where he dies suddenly for no reason and his body disapears

*raises hand*
HALT EVERYONE!
I SEE THE KILLER!
*tries to jump an impossible distance to catch the killer*
then

>True Detective season 4
>Joh Goodman is a detective in Seattle Washington
>After a dog finds the remains of a lady in a forest near a country club and entire cabal of serial killings is uncovered
>a mass grave of women are unearthed hidden in the rainy forests right outside the country club where the rich and famous tee off and drink their sorrows away
>since this is the work of a natural serial killer, an FBI agent is called in. Walton Goggins.

Director: Fincher

Everyone is standig in shock.
Suddenly, a lilting laugh fills the cold night air and a high pitched scream says
"WHOOPS! HAHAHAHAH Never killed a cop before, excuse me!"

*flashes a medical mask and runs away*

Would unironically watch this

always thought season 2 would have worked a lot better if it were situated in the pacific northwest. embracing the lynch a little more. also better more kino native indian stuff to lean on. the heart of true detective i think is the tribal semi cannabalistic tendencies of man that persists hidden in the background of modern societies. wasnt sold on the eyes wide shut thing in s2

That reminds me of another idea for TD

>True Detective season 5
>Two detectives find themselves knee deep in an investigation in the Hollywood hills after a budding starlet is murdered in her own home by what seems like a professional hitman
>the detectives soon see that this case leads to more murders and even conspiracy
>In the climax they find themselves in Bohemian Grove where the rich and powerful all convene and have a debaucherous party worthy of the ancient greeks, filled with drugs, sex, and things darker

>embracing the lynch a little more
The Lynch was embraced though - many of his films have urban settings, with at least 2 mainly being in Los Angeles/California.