Are plot device characters a hinderance to stories, or are they necessary?

Are plot device characters a hinderance to stories, or are they necessary?

And do you ever get frustrated for characters being limited to that?

The worst examples of some would consist of Korra, Ashi and i'd name more but those are the big ones.

Can you at least wait until S3 before claiming Jackie is a plot device

I'm not one of those people saying she's gonna be dropped from the show just because she's not in the intro.
But she is a plot device at the moment. There's no denying that.

I won't try to deny Jackie's current lack of character in the series but the upcoming season could retify that overlooked flaw.

It'll be forced to on some level. Jackie wasn't ok at the end of Starcrushed.

ashi is not a plot device, she is just badly writen

Man I see you're trying REALLY hard but you need to realize that nobody is going to get pissed off of Jackie hate because that's the norm of the fandom. Shit talk Starco however...

She is literally Gennedy's OC donut steal

Jackie has been there since the begining and I doubt she was planned solely as an eventual obstacle to starco

You can say she is a bad character if you want, but she is not a plot device

I think it's the other way around
She certainly is a plot device but not necessarily a bad character

Except the Jackiefags

she changes nothing on the plot, therefore she is not a plot device

she isn't even needed the keep Star from confessing to Marco. Star herself wasn't aware of her crush for almost two entire seasons, they could have just kept using that excuse if needed

She was more aware once Marco actually began making progress with Jackie

Actually Star is just a plot device to get Marco and Jackie together. I look forward to the rebrand, Jackie vs the Forces of Evil.

Ew

Shippers are pure stage 4 metastasized cancer.

they are necessary

the more characters you have, the less time you have for all of them
it is simply not possible to have a well developed personality for every character, there will always be red shirts and spear carriers, people who do their part then leave

indeed, too many strong personalities may reduce the focus on the main characters, which is not the intent of the writers

That's literally every single character on the show, stupid.

Who's the girl with black hair? I've never seen her before and I don't think she has a wiki article.

I don't think you know what any of the words you wrote actually mean.

They are necessary, but once their time is up, they should be gone for good.

Everyone just needs to accept this. It's happened before in Regular Show, Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, etc. Jackie's given us good fanservice, and that's all she's really good for.