Brubaker

>Brubaker
>Ellis
>Remender
Other than pic related, what other team books have this many based writers without any shit ones in between?

Are we talking quantity of writers or consecutive good issues?

Consecutively good issues, few writers but they're all damn good

I guess I ask mostly because there's stuff like Ostrander's Suicide Squad that has one main writer that's about the same length. And I haven't read the whole thing but Claremont's X-Men is probably in the conversation just by notoriety?

Runs in general used to be much longer. Modern books probably can't compete.

Volume 1 of Secret Avengers was based as fuck.

Daredevil had good streaks, but there's always someone here and there to stink it up. Miller-Nocenti and Bendis-Brubaker were 10/10.

JLA
>Morrison
>Waid
>Kelly

It's difficult because like you said older books used to run a lot longer and generally had one writer.
I think that's the thing which makes Secret Avengers stand out, in that despite it changing writers quite a few times the quality of the book didn't suffer

I need to get around to reading JLA properly, think I'll bump it up the list if it stays good for ages even after Morrison leaves

Although Waid's run on it isn't as enjoyable as Morrison's, it's still pretty good

Kelly's run though is just as good as Morrison's if not better depending on who you ask.

But Remender wasn't good. He killed off Eric O'Grady and retconned most of the work Cornell did on Captain Britain.

I was a huge fan of Kirkman's Irredemable Ant-Man too, and that moment was heart-wrenching to see, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good storytelling.

But the quality wasn't good.

>Fabian Nicieza
>Warren Ellis
>Christos N. Gage
>Andy Diggle
>Jeff Parker

Thunderbolts had a pretty great streak back in the day.

Take out Digglebolts and you are pretty much right.

I feel so bad for Ellis. His Thunderbolts was great and then he got screwed out of them with Bendis banking off their success.

Wait there was a good reason he left? Thought he got bored of it.

How did Ellis get screwed? That's literally his thing, prop up a cool new concept by writing an arc or two and then leave. Just because Bendis copied it poorly doesn't mean Ellis got screwed in any way.

Ellis was only there for 12 issues. He was never going to stay past that. Bendis being an opportunist just got first dibs when Ellis decided to go. Much like how he got firsts dibs on Gotg or the situation with Siege.

>Moon Knight
>Nova Prime

That is like the most imbalanced team which is what makes it interesting to me.

Too bad DnA killed Rich, would have loved to have seen Bru do something with him beyond the Serpent Crown crap.

Once Bendis gets interested in something it's his.

Ells doesn't stay long on Marvel books. I think Nextwave and TBs were the longest runs he had

I don't think Bru had much interest in a lot of the team which iirc was determined by who he couldn't get for ex. O'Brady since he wanted Pym. Which probably is the reason he left after 12 issues and completely abandoned the martian storyline he had been foreshadowing since Captain America Reborn.

Spiderman
>Lee/dikto
>Lee/Romita
>Conway
>Lein
>Wolfman

WallyFlash, don't remember if it was consecutive but have Loebs , Waid , MorriMillar and Geoff runs.
Birds of prey in the 00s too

basically the entire v2 Flash.

Spencer/Kot's runs are better though

You forgot Spencer. He wrote Fear Itself issues. It was good too.

Authority
>Ellis
>Millar
>Azzarello
>Brubaker
>Morrison

>Ellis
>based
>ever

>azzarello
He wrote that? I know there was a project that got scrapped.

There were some pretty shit runs inbetween them tho

>you
>not a faggot
>ever

Not a team book but Hellblazer kept top teir quality even when changing writers fairly often

Besides Planetary, did he ever write anything good? Inb4 grimderp shit like Authority

Transmetropolitan, Nextwave, Fell

Orbiter is amazing. One of my favorite comics

You are objectively wrong.

THIS
basically all three volumes of Secret Avengers were cool

if we aren't only talking about team books, Aquaman had a decent run lately
>Johns
>Parker
>Bunn
>Abnett
Bunn's run was short and mediocre, but the other three are all good